Trekking in Nepal
28 Jun 2023 Himalaya Trip
Trekking or hiking or walking or Trip or Adventure is one or multi days trek. As Nepal have so many highest mountains Mt. Everest 8848.86m, Kanchenjunga 8598m, Lhotse 8516m, Makalu 8463m, Cho Oyu 8188, Dhaulagiri 8167m, Manaslu 8163m, Annapurna 8091m and other Himalayas peaks trekking is one of the popular activities in Nepal. Many international travelers visit Nepal for trekking activities. The trekking is the best way to explore Nepali people life style, culture, villages, Buddhist Monasteries, National Parks, Conservation area, flora and fauna, wildlife, Himalayas views. The trekking can be a day hike to many days.
Why do you trek or Trip?
- Stress- break / escape from the life / work
- Explore new destination
- Sense of achievement
- Broaden knowledge
- See Festival / life style/ religion
- Test different types of foods and accommodation
Why trek or Trip in Nepal?
- The Highest Himalayas View
- The Best Sunrise and Sunset view
- Explore different landscape
- Different tribes’ people, life style, culture, festival
- Flora and fauna
- Buddhist and other religion mane walls, Stupas, Chhorten and Monasteries
- Farm terrace and suspension bridge
- Wild animals and birds
- Experience different types Nepali foods
- Tea House or tent camp accommodation
- Achievement Base Camp / Pass / Summit the Peak
- Beautiful ice lake and glacier
Available trek or Trip
- Day hike can be taken if you do not have enough time or not very fit for longer days trek. The Day hike is specially around Kathmandu and Pokhara. You will hike around 4-7 hour walk and back to your hotel. Nagarkot Sunrise Tour, Champa Devi Bhasmasur Day hike, Australian Camp Trek are most popular day hike.
- Short trek is recommended if you are beginner trekkers. Short trek can be up to 5 Days and altitude of around 4000m. Poonhill Trek, Mardi Himal Trek, Khumai Danda Trek, Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Trek, Sarangkot Australian Camp Dhampus Trek, Dhampus Sarangkot Trek, Chisapani Nagarkot Trek, Helambu Trek.
- Most Popular Trekking: We have many Popular trekking in Nepal. Every season many trekkers come to do these treks. Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Langtang Gosaikunda Trek, Gokyo Lake Trek, Annapurna Round Trek, Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lake, Manaslu Trek are example of most popular trek.
- Less crowded trekking: If you want to trek peaceful area, you may choose less crowded area trekking. Kanchenjunga Trek, Upper Dolpo Trek, Lower Dolpo Trek, Mohare Danda Khopra Trek, Ruby valley trek, Pikey Peak Trek, Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek are the example of the trek.
- Most Adventure Trekking Everest 3 passes trek, Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek, Kanchenjunga Trek, Upper Dolpo Trek, Lower Dolpo Trek all the trekking peaks, Mera Peak Climbing, Island Peak Climbing are most adventure trekking.
- Restricted or Control area trekking The Nepal and China boarder area trek is restricted or control area. Manaslu Trek, Nar Phu Valley Trek, Upper Mustang Trek, Lower Dolpo Trek, Upper Dolpo Trek are the example of this trekking. You need special permit to do these treks.
- Tea House or Lodge Trekking: Tea House or Lodge trek is one of the best most popular trekking in Nepal. Most of the popular trekking is build tea house and you can do tea house trek. It is more comfortable and cheaper way to do trek. You can do tea house in Annapurna, Everest, Langtang, Kanchenjunga Trekking area.
- Home Stay Trekking: Newly open is mostly home stay or community lodge. Mohare Danda Khopra Trek, Pikey Peak Trek, Khumai Danda Trek, Ruby valley Trek, Tamang Heritage Trail, Indigenous People Trail Trek etc.
- Camping Trekking: Most of adventure trek will be in Camping Trek. Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek, Upper Dolpo Trek, Lower Dolpo Trek are camping trek. This kind of trek is more adventure and comparatively expensive.
Before booking your trek or Trip
Packing List for trekking is depending on how many days trek or adventure trek you choose. If you are doing day or short trek, you do not need any special gears, for some idea of packing list, kindly visit Packing List
Best Season The trek can be done all the months in Nepal. If you are looking for the best season, I recommend a March –May and September – November. The short trek can be done any times of year. And Rain shadow trek is available on summer.
Acknowledge of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness), the trekking activities will be on the mountain. You should award of altitude sickness before booking your trek. For the details, kindly go through High Altitude Sickness.
Safely is the most important when you are going your trek. You are requested to take a Nepal government license holder trekking guide through the register trekking company. The guide has knowledge of altitude sickness, general first aid, know mountain weather.
Book your physical appropriate trek, when you choosing a trek, you should think your physical fitness. If you are physically fit, you may book short trek to adventure or most adventure. If you are not physically fit and do not have any hiking experience, you may choose short to moderate type treks. If you choose right trek, you will not disappoint.