5169m, Bagala Pass
2 Days Flights
13 Days Trekking
March - November
3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu
1 Night Hotel in Nepalganj
13 Nights Lodge and Tent Camp
Lower Dolpa Trek start from Juphal after fly from Kathmandu - Nepalganj - Juphal. You will pass many beautiful places Dunai, Tarakot, Dho Tarap , Numala Pass, Bagala Pass and Phoksundo Lake. People life style and culture, buddhist mane walls, stupas, Monasteries, beautiful landscape, Himalayas view are another attractions of this trek. This trek is less touristic and hidden treasure , remote area of Nepalese Himalayas. The adventure Numala and Bagala Pass is includes on this trek. Most of the place, you will stay at the Lodges. Some places, you will stay at Tent camp. After the beautiful trek, you will end trek at Juphal and fly back to Kathmandu via Nepalganj.
- Remote, less touristic , hidden treasure of Nepal's Himalayas.
- Beautiful land scape
- Many mane walls, stupas, Monasteries along the trek
- Adventure Numala , Bagala Passes
- People life style and culture,
- Biggest Phoksundo Lake
Lower Dolpo Trek
Lower Dolpo Trek is a hidden treasure and a remote trekking destination in Nepal. The main point of this area is Shey- Phoksundo Lake. Trekking to Lower Dolpo offers you a remarkable and worthwhile experience of lifetime. You can see snowy peaks, ancient and isolated villages, rich wildlife, Buddhist monastery and wonderful lakes. The people of this area are simple and warm-hearted with enthralling culture and traditions. The cultural traditions of this area are basically linked with Tibet. Trekking into this region gives you an exposure to the High and Isolated Himalayan valleys, resembling to the Tibetan highlands. The major highlight of this trek includes Shey-Phoksundo National Park which is the largest National Park of Nepal. Shey-Phoksundo Lake is another highlight of this region. The lake is totally free of aqua life, which the crystal waters clearly explain. Surrounded by rock, forests, and snow- capped peaks, the area has been described as one of the World's Natural Hidden Wonders. Numala Pass (5115m) and Bagala Pass (5169m) are challenging passes from where you can see excellent views of Dhaulagiri range, Nilgiri, KyangyuRipa, Annapurna range and many other mountains.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Lower Dolpo Restricted area trekking permit preparation and briefing of Trek.
Day 03: Kathmandu - Nepalganj
Day 04: Nepalgunj – Juphal - Dunai
Day 05: Dunai - Tarakot
Day 06: Tarakot – Laina Udar
Day 07: Laina Udar – Nawarpani
Day 08: Nawarpani - Dhotrap
Day 09: Rest day
Day 10: Dhotrap – Numala Base Camp
Day 11: Numala Base Camp - Danayghar
Day 12: Danayghar – Yak Kharka
Day 13: Yak Kharka – Shey-Phoksundo
Day 14: Rest day
Day 15: Shey-Phoksundo – Shyangta
Day 16: Shyangta- Juphal
Day 17: Juphal – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure to International airport to fly your home country.
Arrival in Kathmandu
1342m, Kathmandu Hotel
Arriving in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Lower Dolpo restricted Permit preparation and briefing of the trek
1342m, Kathmandu B Hotel
We need your original passport with Nepal’s Visa to prepare Lower Dolpo restricted area permit. After preparing your permit, you will introduce with your guide. Your guide will brief details of this trek.
Kathmandu - Nepalganj flight
150m, Nepalganj 1 hour flight B,L,D Guest House
Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalganj (1 hour by flight). And then overnight at Guest House.
Nepalganj - Juphal - Dunai
2140m, Dunai 35 minutes flight, 3 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Fly from Nepalgunj to Jhupal by 35 minutes. Trek from Juphal to Dunai (2140m) is 3 hours walking and then overnight at Lodge.
Dunai - Tarakot
2543m, Tarakot B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Dunai to Tarakot (2355m) is 6 hours walking and then overnight at Lodge.
Tarakot - Laina Udar
3370 Laina Udar 7 hours walk
Trek from Tarakot to Laina Udar (3370m) 7 hours walking and then overnight at Tent Camp
Laina Udar - Nawalpani
3475m, Nawalpani 6 hours walk B,L,D Tent Camp
Trek from Laina Udar to Nawalpani(3475m) 6 hours walking and then overnight at Tent Camp.
Nawalpani - Dho Tarap 3944m
3944m, Dho Tarap 7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Nawalpani to Dhotrap (3944m) 7 hours walking and then overnight at Lodge.
3944m, Dho Tarap B,L,D Lodge
This day, you will Visit Gompa and Village and then overnight at same place.
Dho Tarap - Numala Base Camp
4440m, Numala Base Camp 6 hours walk B,L,D Tent Camp
Trek from Dho tarap to Numala Base Camp (4440m) is 6 hours walking and then overnight at Tent Camp.
Numala B.C. - Numala Pass - Danigar 4512m
5143m, Numala Pass 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Tent camp
Trek from Numala Base Camp - Numala Pass 5143m - Danigar (4512m) is 6-7 hours walking via and then overnight at Tent Camp.
Danigar - Bagala Pass- Bagala Phedi
5169m, Bagala Pass 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Tent camp
Trek from Danayghar to Bagala Phedi (3995m) is 6-7 hours walking via Bagala Pass (5169m) and then overnight at Tent Camp.
Bagala Phedi - Yak Kharka - Rengmogaon
3641m, Phoksundo 5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Bagala Phedi to Rengmogaon (Phoksundo) (3641m) is 5 hours walking and then overnight at Lodge.
You will explore Lake and Gompa and then overnight at same place.
Phoksundo - Recht - Chhekpa - Shyanta
2478m, Shyanta 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Phoksundo Lake to Shyanta (2478m 6-7 hours walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Shyanta - Juphal
2475m, Jhupal 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Shyanta to Juphal (2475m,) is 6-7 hours walking and then overnight at Lodge.
Juphal - Nepalganj - Kathmandu
1342m, Kathmandu 35 minutes and 1 hours flight B,L Hotel
Fly from Juphal to Nepalgunj and Kathmandu and overnight at selected Hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure to International airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Juphal and Jumla - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu by flight ticket.
- 1 Night Guest House in Nepalgunj.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner ) during trekking with Tea/ coffee .
- Lodge and Tented accommodation during the trek.
- A local government license holder Trekking Guide during the trek, required number of porters, their food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine.
- Lower Dolpo trekking permit and National Park Fee.
- Trekker\'s Information Management System (TIMS) Card.
- First Aids Kit.
- 13% Government VAT and Official expense.
- Local seasonal fresh fruit like orange, apple etc.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your Trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for all staffs.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
We haven't found any particular reviews for this trip. If you'd like to view all our reviews, please view All Reviews
Packing List for Lower Dolpo Trek
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip guard
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
What kind of food do we expect ?
We organize tea house and tent camp Lower Dolpo Trek. The Lodges have basic and local foods. The foods are hygienic. We provide basic Nepali style food during the camping as well.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item, Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
When is the best time to do this trek ?
We organize this trek all the months. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow. There is high chance to closed the trek during this time.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Lower Dolpo trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. But Lower Dolpo Trek is rain shadow area. This trek is still beautiful to do this trek.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this Lower Dolpo trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
Available of the trip
We organise small group private trip. If you are 2 or more people in your group, you may book any dates.
The travel insurance is need in case of any emergency. It is recommend to have. If you are doing short and low elevation trek, you can do normal insurance. But if you are doing high altitude or adventure trek, you should have emergency rescue.
Last Minute booking
Normally, trekkers plan the trip before 3-9 months. Some trekkers decide the trip in last minutes. It is also possible to book your trek at last minutes. For the Last minutes booking, you need to make a full payment.
Tipping is highly expected. Our staffs try their best during the trip. After the trip, Tipping is expected. It is not fixed amount or percentage. We recommend the tipping according to their services.
When you are travelling, the safety is most important. For the safety of our clients, we trained our guide and porters. They are all register trekking / Tour / Climbing guide and experience porters.
Extra personal expenses
For the extra expenses, it is good to bring USD / Euro / Pound Sterling or ther currency. You may change to Nepali Rupees (NPR) at Tribhuwan International Airport or near your Hotel in Kathmandu. You will use only Nepali rupees during the trip.
Accept few countries , you will get on arrival Nepal’s Visa at the Tribhuwan International Airport or Nepal board. I recommend to fill up Nepal Visa online form and bring it with you. It will be faster and easy for you and visa fee is recommended to bring cash US dollar. You can’t pay by using credit card.
Trip extension or Itinerary Disclaimer
We organize small group private trip. The trip extension is possible but you have to figure out when you booking the trip.
Group joing and Fixed departure
Most of the time, we have small group private trip. Group joining or fixed departure will be available only at the clients request.
You are not taking all the lugguage on the trek. You will take only necessary gears on the trek and rest of the gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara or in our office in Kathmandu. All the Hotels have free luggage store services. It is more convenient to store at your Hotel.
- Ask permission to photograph people.
- Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
- Do not anything to disturb environment or wild animals.
Normally, domestic flight is not on time. If you have international flight with domestic connection flight. It is always better to keep some gaps.
For the Booking, we need passport copy, passport size photo by email or What's App and 20% deposit.
Why Himalaya Trip ?
- Fast response
- Small group private trek
- Safety is top priority
- Recommended on TripAdvisor
- Tailor made itinerary
- Seasonal package
- 200 plus trekkers take service every year
- 30-40% repeated customer