- 2 Days Drive
- 5 Days Trekking
- March to May
- October- December
2 Nights at Lodge
4 Nights at Home Stay
Public bus or Jeep
Ruby Valley trek is an option for you If you are looking for 7 Days or one week trek near Kathmandu. This is one of the best treks in central Nepal on hidden treasure or new trekking trail or less touristic, remote area, non-tourist area in Nepal. The trekking is also popular for Ruby. The splendid view can be seen from Gatlang, Pangsang pass, Laptung, Tipling, Sertung, Chalish, Borang village are the major attraction of this trek. This trek is combination of authentic experience of Tamang , Kami and Gurung culture, beautiful farm terraces and splendid views of Ganesh Himal and other mountains of Annapurna, Langtang and Manaslu region.
- The highest point of the trek Pangsang Pass
- Gatlang, Somdang, Tipling, Sertung, Chalish, Borang villages
- Beautiful Himalayas view of Ganesh Himal, Langtang and Manaslu range
- Tamang , Gurung culture, festival, life style
- Red Panda and other wild animal, flora and fauna
- Many suspension bridges, farm terrace
- Experience the accommodations of family houses and Nepali style foods
- Buddhist Mane walls, Stupas , Monasteries
7 Days Ruby Valley Trek
7 Days Ruby Valley trek starts after driving from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi highway. We start this trek from Syabrubensi to ethnic Tamang villages of Gatlang. Our journey continues to Somdang and Pangsang Pass. Pangsang pass offers splendid close views of Ganesh himal, Langtang, Bouddha Himal, Hiunchuli and other peaks of central Himalayas. The highest altitude on this trek is the Pangsang pass at 3850 m. These pass is also one finest view points on the trek. The trek continues down to Laptung, Tipling, Sertung village. The Tamang people live in this village. Their occupation is traditional farmer. About 80% young went to golf country. You will easily entertain with their traditional of life style, Gompas, stupas. Chalish is a small village of Gurung and Kami people. 90% of the young people of this village engage in tourism sector. This trek continues down Borang and Dundure then drive back to Kathmandu.
Ruby Valley trek is newly promoted hidden treasure or remote area near Kathmandu. Your stay will be with a family house during this trek. The Home stays are basic here. The home stays made of stonewall with tin roof. A room with basis beds and mattress are there. The shower room is not available at the home stay accept Syabrubensi and Gatlang.
Fresh, hygienic foods from their farm are served typical dishes which they have daily life. If you choose this trek, your Home Stay can support the life of people and will push the area to be growth economically.
Day 01: Kathmandu – Syabrubensi (1450m, 7-8 hours’ drive), overnight at the Lodge.
Day 02: Syabrubensi – Gatlang (2240m, 4-5 hours walk) , overnight at Lodge.
Day 03: Gatlang to Somdang (3320m, 6-7 hour walking) and overnight at home stay Lodge.
Day 04: Somdang – Pangsang Pass 3850m – View Tour – Laptung(2200m,7-8 hour walking) overnight at home stay in village.
Day 05: Laptung –Sertung - Chalish village (1650m, 5 hour walking) overnight at home stay village.
Day 06: Chalish – Borang – Dundure (6-7 hours’ drive), overnight at home stay.
Day 07: Dundure – Dhading Bensi – Kathmandu
Kathmandu – Syabrubensi
1500m, Syabrubensi 7-8 hours’ drive B,L,D Lodge
Our guide and porters will come to pick you up at your Hotel in Kathmandu, take a taxi to Machhapokhara bus station. You will take a public deluxe bus to Syabrubensi. The bus journey is around 7- 8 hours. The bus will stop for Lunch during the trip. During the bus journey, you have nice Himalayas view in a clear day. You will pass small town Battar Bazar, Betrawati, Dhunche . You will stay Overnight at Lodge in Syabrubensi. Syabrubensi is also trekking starting point of Tamang Heritage Trail, Langtang Gosaikunda Trek.
Private Jeep option is available with extra cost.
Syabrubensi – Gatlang
2240m, Gatlang 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After the breakfast at the Lodge in Syabrubensi, you start your hike. The trail is uphill at the beginning. It is quite hard to reach Top of the Syabru hill. In a clear day, you will see Himalayas view with Gosaikunda and Langtang valley from here. The trip will continue to Gatlang village. Gatlang is a part of Tamang Heritage trail as well. Gatlang is a nice, big Tamang village. You will reach here after 4-5 hours walking. You will have lunch here. After lunch, check in at the Lodge and explore the village.
Gatlang - Somdang
3320m, Somdang 6-7 hour walking B,L,D Lodge
After the breakfast, you will start our trek with pack lunch. The trail is mostly jungle walk. Trail is mostly uphill to Uri Kharka or Hill. You will have your pack lunch at this Khara. From this Kharka, the trail is slowly downhill to Somdang. Somdang Khola is order of Rasuwa and Dhading District. The trip is around 6-7 hours. You will stay at Lodge in Somdang. You will stay overnight at the Lodge in Somdang.
Somdang – Pangsang Pass – View Tour – Laptung.
3850m, Pangsang Pass 7-8 hour walking B,L,D Home Stay
This is one of the hardest days for this trek. We have to start early in the morning to get top of Pangsang pass (3850m). The mountains view from here is incredible. The hidden valley of Ankhu , Trishuli with colorful rhododendron flowers if you visit in spring. Mountain views are recommended all around from the top. Langtang lirung, Dhorjelakpa, Sangden himal, Gosainkunda and range east and west Annapurna, Manaslu and the front view of Ganesh himal very beautiful. After nice view and small pack lunch, we gradually down to Laptung for the Night at the home stay.
Laptung –Sertung - Chalish village
5 hour walking B,L,D Home Stay
After breakfast at the Home stay, we trek downhill to Tipling village. This is big tamang village. We continue downhill to Aada khola. You will continue uphill to Sertung village. Sertung is another biggest tamang village. You will have a lunch here. You will explore the village little bit and trek down to Chalish village. Chalish is a village to Gurung and Kami. You will stay at the basic home stay here. Mother cultural group will entertain you by welcoming many local songs and culture dance here at the evening.
Chalish – Borang – Dundure
1674m, Chalish 6-7 hours’ drive B,L,D home stay
After your Breakfast at Homestay, you will trek continue to Dundure via Borang, Perchock village. The trail is downhill. If you look back, you will have imaging Ganesh Himal view. You will stop for a lunch break at Perchock and trek continue to Dundure, overnight at the Home stay in Dundure.
Dundure – Dhading Bensi – Kathmandu
8-9 hours drive B,L own Hotel
After breakfast in the morning, you will take a public bus to Kathmandu via Dhanding Bensi. The road is gravel to Dhading. The Himalayas view are still there. You will enjoy the Views from the bus as well if you look back. From Dhanding, the road is black top. The bus journey is around 8 hours to Kathmandu, overnight at your Hotel in Kathmandu.
- National park permits and TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System) card.
- All the Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and accommodation during the trek.
- One ruby valley export guide and required number of porters.
- Kathmandu-Syabru Bensi and Dundure - Kathmandu by public bus.
- All expenses for Nepalese staffs, their insurance, equipment and salary
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Apple, Banana, Orange etc.
- Himalaya Trip T-shirt.
- First Aids Kit.
- 13% Government Vat and All official expenses.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees (15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotel and meals in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks like mineral water, fanta, coke, beer etc.
- Your Personal Trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for staffs.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
We haven't found any particular reviews for this trip. If you'd like to view all our reviews, please view All Reviews
Packing List for Ruby Valley Trek
This is a short trek in Nepal. You do not need any special gears.
I recommend you , Sleeping bag, Trekking boots, Trousers, Socks ,warm jacket, T-shirts (two or three) and long-sleeved shirt, Sunscreen (SPF 20+) , Backpack, Torch (flashlight),Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries) ,Quick- drying towel, Toilet Paper, warm hat, gloves, thermal underwear , sun glass, water bottle etc.
Foods in Ruby Valley Trek
The Lodges have Menu but Home stay do not have menu. The foods is basically Nepali style foods. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item has, toast or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
When is the best time to do Ruby Valley Trek ?
We organize this trek all the months. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be snow during this time. It will be difficult to go through Pangsang Pass.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Ruby Valley trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature. You will also have chances to see the Rhododendron flowers.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. There is chances of raining every day and it will be cloudy and risk of landslide. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do Ruby Valley trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
Available of the trip
We organise small group private trip. If you are 2 or more people in your group, you may book any dates.
The travel insurance is need in case of any emergency. It is recommend to have. If you are doing short and low elevation trek, you can do normal insurance. But if you are doing high altitude or adventure trek, you should have emergency rescue.
Last Minute booking
Normally, trekkers plan the trip before 3-9 months. Some trekkers decide the trip in last minutes. It is also possible to book your trek at last minutes. For the Last minutes booking, you need to make a full payment.
Tipping is highly expected. Our staffs try their best during the trip. After the trip, Tipping is expected. It is not fixed amount or percentage. We recommend the tipping according to their services.
When you are travelling, the safety is most important. For the safety of our clients, we trained our guide and porters. They are all register trekking / Tour / Climbing guide and experience porters.
Extra personal expenses
For the extra expenses, it is good to bring USD / Euro / Pound Sterling or ther currency. You may change to Nepali Rupees (NPR) at Tribhuwan International Airport or near your Hotel in Kathmandu. You will use only Nepali rupees during the trip.
Accept few countries , you will get on arrival Nepal’s Visa at the Tribhuwan International Airport or Nepal board. I recommend to fill up Nepal Visa online form and bring it with you. It will be faster and easy for you and visa fee is recommended to bring cash US dollar. You can’t pay by using credit card.
Trip extension or Itinerary Disclaimer
We organize small group private trip. The trip extension is possible but you have to figure out when you booking the trip.
Group joing and Fixed departure
Most of the time, we have small group private trip. Group joining or fixed departure will be available only at the clients request.
You are not taking all the lugguage on the trek. You will take only necessary gears on the trek and rest of the gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara or in our office in Kathmandu. All the Hotels have free luggage store services. It is more convenient to store at your Hotel.
- Ask permission to photograph people.
- Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
- Do not anything to disturb environment or wild animals.
Normally, domestic flight is not on time. If you have international flight with domestic connection flight. It is always better to keep some gaps.
For the Booking, we need passport copy, passport size photo by email or What's App and 20% deposit.
Why Himalaya Trip ?
- Fast response
- Small group private trek
- Safety is top priority
- Recommended on TripAdvisor
- Tailor made itinerary
- Seasonal package
- 200 plus trekkers take service every year
- 30-40% repeated customer