5755m, Tashi Lapcha Pass
1 Day flight
1 Day Drive
13 Days Trekking
March - May
September - November
3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu
4 Nights Tent Camp
10 Nights at Lodge
Bus / Jeep / Flight
Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek is one of the adventure treks in Nepal. Tsho Rolpa Lake, Tashi Lapcha Pass 5755m with beautiful villages Simigaon, Bedding, Nagaon, Thame, Namche, Lukla , Buddhist mane walls, monasteries, sherpa people hospitality and life style, Himalayas views and glacier are the major attractions of this trek.
- One of the Adventure treks in Nepal
- Tsho Rolpa Lake
- Tashi Lapcha Pass
- Experience of tea house and camping trek
- Classic route to Everest Base camp before Lukla airport.
- Most popular sherpa villages Gonggar, Simigaon, Bedding, Nagaon, Thame, Namche, Lukla
- Buddhist Mane, Stupas, Chhorten and Monasteries
- Sherpa people life style and culture
- Himalayas view of Guarishanker, Yalung Ri, Ramdung , Jabou (Num ) Ri , Tengi Tagi Tau, Pig Pherago Nup, Thyangmoche, Parchemuche, Everest, Kongde, Thamserku, Kusumkangaru, Number etc.
- Yalung glacier, Panga Dinga Glacier, Rolwaling glacier etc.
Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek
Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass trek (a classic route to Everest Base Camp Trek before the Lukla airport ) will start from Gongger after a drive from Kathmandu. You will stay at Lodge Gonggar, Simigaon, Dongang, Bedding, and Nagaon of Sherpa villages. Tsho Rolpa Lake is one of the popular lakes in Nepal. You will have an opportunity to see it. From Nagaon, you will stay in Tent Camp at Tsho Rolpa, Thakardin, Tulambau, and Ngole. Tashi Lapcha Pass 5755m is the highest point of this trek.
From Thame, you will sleep at the Lodge again to Lukla and connect to the Everest region trail. During the trek, you will experience the Sherpa culture and lifestyle, Buddhist mane walls, stupas, Chhorten, and Monasteries. As the trek is most adventurous, there will be fewer tourists. You will have the beautiful Himalayas views Guarishanker, Yalung Ri, Ramdung, Jabou (Num ) Ri, Tengi Tagi Tau, Pig Pherago Nup, Thyangmoche, Parchemuche, Everest, Kongde, Thamserku, Kusumkangaru, Number, etc and Yalung glacier, Panga Dinga Glacier, Rolwaling glacier, etc. the trek will end at the Lukla, from Lukla fly back to Kathmandu.
If you want to combine this trek with a Peak climb, it is also possible to add Parchemuche Peak climbing with this trek.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Trekking gears preparation day
Day 03: Kathmandu – Gonggar 144om,
Day 04: Gonggar – Simigaon 2000m,
Day 05: Gonggar -Kyalche/ Dongang 2790m,
Day 06: Dongang – Beding 3692m,
Day 07: Beding – Nagaon 4180m,
Day 08: Rest Day, hike to Yalung Base Camp
Day 09: Nagaon – tsho rolpa Lake (Chugima) 4650m,
Day 10: Chugima– Thakardin Jabo (Lower) 5200m,
Day 11: Lower Jabo – Tulambau (5400m,
Day 12: Tulambau – Tesi Lapcha La 5755m, – Ngole 5110m
Day 13: Ngole – Thame 3610m
Day 14: Rest day
Day 15: Thame – Jorsalle 2740m,
Day 16: Jorsalle – Lukla 2840m,
Day 17: Lukla – Kathmandu
Day 18: Final Departure
Arrival in Kathmandu
1342m, Kathmandu Hotel
Arriving in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with Himalaya Trip representative then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Trekking gears preparation day
1342m, Kathmandu B Hotel
Today, you will prepare trekking gears and briefing with guide and other staffs.
Kathmandu - Charikot - Gonggar
1440m, Gonggar 8-9 hours drive B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will drive from Kathmandu to Gonggar (1440m, 8-9 hours drive ) by private Jeep, overnight at the Lodge.
Gonggar - Simigaon
2000m, Simigaon 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Gonggar to Simigaon (2000m, 5-6 hours walk), overnight at the Lodge.
Simigaon - Dongang
2790M, Dongang 6-7 hour walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Simigaon to Dongang (2790m, 6-7 hours walk) ,overnight at Lodge.
3692m, Beding 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Dongang to Beding (3692m, 6-7 hours walk) ,overnight at Lodge.
Beding - Nagaon
4180m, Nagaon 5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Beding to Nagaon (4180m, 5 hours walk), overnight at Lodge.
4850, Yalung Base Camp B,L,D Lodge
Today is rest day, you will go to Yalung Base camp in the morning and after the lunch, explore Nagaon and Oldest settlement Guru Ringboche Rock.
Nagaon – Tsho Rolpa Lake (Chugima)
4650m, 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Tent Camp
Trek from Nagaon – Chugima (4650m, 5-6 hours walk) ,overnight at Tent Camp.
Chugima– Thakardin Jabo (Lower) 5200m,
5200m, Lower Jabo 3-4 hours walk B,L,D Tent Camp
Trek from Chugima– Lower Jabo (5200m, 3-4 hours walk), overnight at Tent Camp.
Lower Jabo – Tulambau (5400m,
5400m, Tulambau 3-4 hours walk B,L,D Tent Camp
Trek from Lower Jabo – Tulambau (5400m, 3-4 hours walk),overnight at Tent Camp.
Tulambau – Tesi Lapcha La 5755m, – Ngole 5110m
5755m, Tashi Lapcha Pass 7-8 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Tulambau – Tesi Lapcha La 5755m, – Ngole (5110m, 7-8 hours walk),overnight at Tent Camp.
Ngole – Thame 3610m
3610m, Thame 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Ngole – Thame (3610m, 5-6 hours walk),overnight at Lodge.
Today is fee day. You will visit Thame Monastery in the morning and back to same place. Thame monasteries one of the oldest monasteries in Khumbu area.
Thame – Namche Bazar - Jorsalle 2740m,
2740m, Jorsalle 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Thame – Namche Bazar- Jorsalle (2740m, 6-7 hours walk), overnight at Lodge.
Jorsalle - Lukla
2840m, Lukla 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Jorsalle - Lukla (2840m, 5-6 hours walk), overnight at Lodge.
Lukla - Kathmandu
1342m, Kathmandu 35 minutes flight B Hotel
Early in the morning, flight from Lukla - Kathmandu, overnight at the Hotel.
Himalaya Trip will transfer to International airport to departure home.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus depending on group size.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Gaurishankar Conservation Area, Sagarmatha National park permits and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entrance fee.
- One English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and required porters.
- Camping gears and Foods for 4 Nights.
- Kathmandu to Gonggar by Private 4W Jeep.
- One way flight tickets Lukla to Kathmandu with Airport departure tax.
- All meals (16 Breakfast, 13 Lunch, and 13 Dinner with tea or coffee) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guide's; porter's food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, we use every day to check your oxygen level and pulse in your body to minimize high risk.
- Himalaya Trip T-shirt.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple etc.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fee (15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotel and meals in Kathmandu.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include emergency rescue.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, boiled water, hot shower, battery charge etc.
- Tips for guide and porters.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
Packing List for Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Trek
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip guard
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
What kind of foods do we expect during this trek ?
We organize tea house and tent camp Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Trek. The Lodges have basic and local foods. The foods are hygienic. We provide basic Nepali style food during the camping as well.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item, Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
When is the best time to do this Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Trek ?
We do donot organize this trek all the months because this trek is most adventure. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow. The trek route will be closed during this time.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. The day is mostly raining and cloudy. This trek is can be done during this time.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
Available of the trip
We organise small group private trip. If you are 2 or more people in your group, you may book any dates.
The travel insurance is need in case of any emergency. It is recommend to have. If you are doing short and low elevation trek, you can do normal insurance. But if you are doing high altitude or adventure trek, you should have emergency rescue.
Last Minute booking
Normally, trekkers plan the trip before 3-9 months. Some trekkers decide the trip in last minutes. It is also possible to book your trek at last minutes. For the Last minutes booking, you need to make a full payment.
Tipping is highly expected. Our staffs try their best during the trip. After the trip, Tipping is expected. It is not fixed amount or percentage. We recommend the tipping according to their services.
When you are travelling, the safety is most important. For the safety of our clients, we trained our guide and porters. They are all register trekking / Tour / Climbing guide and experience porters.
Extra personal expenses
For the extra expenses, it is good to bring USD / Euro / Pound Sterling or ther currency. You may change to Nepali Rupees (NPR) at Tribhuwan International Airport or near your Hotel in Kathmandu. You will use only Nepali rupees during the trip.
Accept few countries , you will get on arrival Nepal’s Visa at the Tribhuwan International Airport or Nepal board. I recommend to fill up Nepal Visa online form and bring it with you. It will be faster and easy for you and visa fee is recommended to bring cash US dollar. You can’t pay by using credit card.
Trip extension or Itinerary Disclaimer
We organize small group private trip. The trip extension is possible but you have to figure out when you booking the trip.
Group joing and Fixed departure
Most of the time, we have small group private trip. Group joining or fixed departure will be available only at the clients request.
You are not taking all the lugguage on the trek. You will take only necessary gears on the trek and rest of the gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara or in our office in Kathmandu. All the Hotels have free lagguge store services. It is more convinent to store at your Hotel.
- Ask permission to photograph people.
- Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
- Do not anything to disturb environment or wild animals.
Normally, domestic flight is not on time. If you have international flight with domestic connection flight. It is always better to keep some gaps.
For the Booking, we need passport copy, passport size photo by email or What's App and 20% deposit.
Why Himalaya Trip ?
- Fast response
- Recommended on TripAdvisor
- Trained guide
- Local or reasonable price
- Small group private Trip