5360 Renjo La Pass
- 11 days trek
- 10 Dinners
- 10 Lunchs
- 11 Breakfasts
- 10 nights in Lodge
- Domestic flight (KTM-Lukla-KTM)
11 Days Gokyo Lake Trek is no doubt one of the most remarkable treks in Everest region. Tenzing Hillary Lukla airport, Namche Bazar, Everest View Hotel, Khumjung village, Mong La Danda, Gokyo Ri, Thonak Tsho (4th Lake) , Ngozumba Tsho (5th Lake) , Gyazumba Tsho (6th Lake) and Renjo La pass are the major spot of this trek. You will pass many suspension bridge, opportunity to see Himalayan birds, wild animals, Rhododendron flower if you do this trek on March, Sherpa people culture, Stone Mane walls, Many Buddhist Stupas and Monasteries and definitely beautiful view of Mount Everest and other highest Himalayas.
- Tenzing Hillary lukla airport, one of the Adventurous flights
- Many Buddhist Mane stone walls, Stupas, Matra written stone and Monasteries
- Sagarmatha National park entry point Jorsalle
- Experience Sherpa style life style, their culture, festival
- Sherpa capital Namche Bazar,
- A attractive view point Everest View Hotel, the finest Himalayas view
- One of the beautiful Khumjung , and Khunde village
- A nice spot Mong la Danda, the best Himalayas views.
- Wild animals, birds, flowers, many suspension bridge etc.
- A highest point of this Gokyo Ri 5330m, the greatest The highest mountain view of Mount Everest 8848.86m, Lhotse 8516m, Makalu 8481m, Cho Oyu 8201m and other Himalayas views such as Ama Dablam, Island Peak, Konde, Lobuche etc.
- Exploring The beautiful ice lake 1st to, 6th Gokyo lakes
- One of the biggest Ngozumba glaciers
- Renjola pass 5360m, one of the popular and adventure pass in Everest region
- The oldest Thame Monastery
Gokyo Lake Trek
11 Days Gokyo Lake Trek or Gokyo Valley Trek or Gokyo Trek or Gokyo Lake Renjo La Pass Trek starts at the Lukla (2828m/9278 feet) and follows the Dudh Koshi Valley which climbs up to the Sherpa capital of Namche. We trek ascend Mong La Danda which is a wonderful Hill with an background exciting glance of the high mountains. The trail to Gokyo is a gradual ascent up the valley and passes through the patches of birch and rhododendron forest where the indescribable musk deer can sometimes be seen. Through small yak-grazing settlements, we reach Gokyo lakes. An excursion to the Gokyo fourth and fifth lakes would be an attraction in Gokyo Valley.
The Ngozumpa Glacier is the largest in the Nepal Himalayas. The Gokyo Ri (5330m/17487 feet) is considered the best viewpoint in the Everest Region. The incredible sceneries include magnificent views of Everest (8848m), Makalu (8463m), Cho Oyo (8201m), Lhotse (8516m), Gyachung Kang (7922m), and other mountains. Set among breathtaking high mountain surroundings, the route leads through the Khumbu the motherland of Sherpa. On the way back, you can come down the same way or have more adventures. The Renjo La pass option is available for you.
Renjo La Pass: After visiting the Gokyo Valley and Gokyo Ri, you have an alternative trail doing Renjo La Pass and joining the original trail at Namche. the pass will give us some of the best views of Everest and surrounding mountains.
Note: Due to the air traffic in Kathmandu Airport, All the flights will be operating from Ramechhap to Lukla and Lukla to Ramechhap in the peak season in April, May, and October, and November. At other times of the year, you will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu directly.
The trek-related blog
Another trek in Everest region: We have other trekking in the Everest region; they are Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes, Everest Base Camp Trek, Everest View Trek, Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek, and Everest 3 Passes Trek.
Day : Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 01: Fly to Lukla and Trek to Phakding
Day 02: Trek Phakding - Namche
Day 03: Acclimatization day
Day 04: Trek Namche - Mong La
Day 05: Trek Mong La - Machherma
Day 06: Machherma - Gokyo
Day 07: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5330m) and 5th Lake
Day 08: Gokyo - Renjo La - Lungdhen
Day 09: Lungdhen - Thame - Namche
Day 10: Namche - Phakding - Lukla
Day 11: Fly to Kathmandu
Day : Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu
1330m, Kathmandu Hotel
Arriving at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to the hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and have free activities in the evening.
Note: For flexibility, you may book your own accommodations Hostel to 5 star Hotel in Kathmandu and you can stay more than one night in Kathmandu before and after the trek at your preferred place.
Fly to Lukla (30 minutes) and Trek - Chheplung-Ghat- Phakding
2610m, Phakding 3 hours walk B, L, D Lodge
This morning, your guide will come to pick you up at your Hotel in Kathmandu and drive to the Domestic Airport. From the plane, you can view the great Himalayan range and the beautiful landscape. After Landing in the Lukla airport, rest for a while and prepare to begin your trek. We will only walk about three hours to the village of Phakding today. You will pass villages, Monasteries, a Big Stone with Buddhist Matra written, Kusum Kangaru Mountain View, etc. The trail is mostly downhill from Lukla to Phakdig, After reaching Phakding, rest for the day and enjoy the mesmerizing scenery surrounding it. View the beautiful sunset from a ridge near your overnight hotel in Phakding.
3440M, Namche 5-6 hour walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will hike to Namche Bazaar. The hike to the Namche Bazaar from Phakding is a gradual and smooth ascend all the way. The trail from Phakding to Jorsalle is up and down. From Jorsalle, the trail is all the uphill to Namche. You will pass villages such as Tok Tok, Banker, Monjo (Sagarmatha National Entry Point ), and Jorsalle on the trail. The path leading to Namche is one of the most used trails by the locals as well as travelers coming here. You can peek into the day-to-day life of the locals here. The view of Thamserku, Kangtega, Konde, Kusum Kangaru, and implies of Everest will accompany you as you get near the Namche Bazaar. After reaching Namche, you can rest in your hotel for the day. Overnight at a hotel in Namche Bazaar.
Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar.
3860m, Everest View Point 3-4 Hrs walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is an acclimatization day. We can hike way up Syangboche, Everest View Hotel, and Khumjung village (Tenzing Hillary School in Khumjung village). The Himalayas views including Thamserku, Mt. Everest (the world's highest peak), Mt. Lhotse, Konde, Kangtega, Ama Dablam, and Tawoche are excellent from Everest View Hotel. The round trip takes a 4-5 hour walk. In the afternoon, you can visit the Sherpa Museum, and National Museum, walk around Namche Bazaar, etc.
Namche-Kyanjuma-Mong La Danda
4000m, Mong La 4 hrs walk B,L,D Lodge
After your breakfast with the majestic sunrise view over the snow-capped Himalayas. You will walk from Namche to the village of Kyanjuma as the first section of the trek. This part of the trail is plain and is a good warm-up for the day. From here ascending to the Hill of Mong La. On a clear day, you will have the most beautiful view from this hill, Overnight at a tea house in Mong La.
Mong La -Dole- Machherma
4470 m, Machherma 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
In the early morning, you will have again beautiful view again. After the breakfast, you will start the day with scenic mountains surrounding you. Trek down to the Phortse from Mong la. We can take a brief stop here and continue our walk to Dole and hike up till you reach Dole. We will have a short steep section of a climb as we reach the Dole village. After lunch in Dole, the trek will continue the vast range of landscape views. The cool breeze and the view of the wild mountain flowers are pristine in this section of the trek. In the second part of the trek, we will have a gradual uphill walk to the Machhermo village. Overnight at a hotel in Machhermo.
4790m, Gokyo 4-5 hours walk, B, L,D Lodge
After your breakfast at Macchermo, we will start our trek to the Gokyo Valley. The trail is mostly uphill, and as we near the valley the scene just opens up beautifully. We will pass through the second Gokyo Lake before reaching your hotel. You can spend some time here and head to the Gokyo Valley. The views of the Cho Oyu alongside the other ranges from the trail here make your trek worth every minute. We will walk through moraines and rocky trails beside the Ngozumpa Glacier and reach the Gokyo Valley. After resting for a while, you can have evening walks around the valley for the amazing views and sceneries. Overnight at a lodge in Gokyo Valley.
Gokyo Ri and Gokyo Lakes explore
5360m, Gokyo Ri 6 hours B,L,D Lodge
After a light morning tea, we will hike up to the Gokyo Ri peak: One of the best places on the trail to view the beautiful Gokyo lakes with the magical mountain view surrounding it.
“The hike to Gokyo Ri is about three hours long for a round trip, and steep as well. From the top here, you will have a panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Nuptse, Pumori, and many more. We will also have a great view of the Gokyo Valley and lakes from here. Gokyo Ri climb is one of the best destinations in the Himalayas one can reach without a special climbing permit and basic gear.”
After returning to your hotel, we will go on a tour of all the major Gokyo lakes here. Gokyo Lakes are some of the most visited places in the Sagarmatha National Park. You can have a peaceful and enjoyable time enjoying the calm nature on the banks of these lakes.”
Overnight at a lodge/ teahouse in Gokyo.
Gokyo Lake-Dole or Renjo La -Lungdhen
4380m, Lungdhen 7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
We will start the trek early in the morning from the Gokyo. We slowly climb and reach the pass of the Renjo La. We will have an enchanting view of Everest and other mountains from a different angle from Renjo La. After an amazing view, trek down to Lungdhen, Overnight at a lodge.
Optional: We will start the trek early in the morning from the Gokyo Valley to Lukla. We will begin losing altitude and get an enchanting view of the hills and mountains from a different angle. You can revisit some of the fantastic spots and enjoy spending some more time here. Passing by the village of Macchermo on the way we will continue our descent to the village of Dole. Overnight at a lodge in Dole village.
Dole or Lunden-Thame -Namche
3440m, Namche 6 hours B, L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek down to Thame for Lunch, After Lunch, the trek continue to Namche.
Optional: After your breakfast at the Dole village, head out for a short hike to view the Himalayan sunrise. The trek to Namche Bazaar is a mingling experience of the Sherpa culture and natural scenery of Khumbu. The trail is downhill to Phortse Tenga from Dole. From Phortse Tenga, you will climb up to Mong La Danda with an imaging view. From Mong La Danda, the trail is downhill to Namche Bazaar. In the late afternoon, you will reach Namche Bazaar. Namche is a fantastic place to chill and enjoy the luxury of a hotel after a long trek. You can head for souvenir shopping and try some Yak products in Namche. Overnight at a hotel in Namche Bazaar.
2840m, Lukla 6-7 hours B,L,D Lodge
After a scenic mountain sunrise and a Himalaya breakfast at Namche, we will start our trek to Lukla. We will pass the villages previously once more and reach the Lukla. Taking brief breaks, we will experience the change in the landscape and vegetation once we reach Lukla. The views of the mountains now join up with the green hills and rivers to make a perfectly picturesque setting. You will rest for the day after you hike to Lukla. Overnight at a hotel in Lukla.
1342m,Kathmandu 35 minutes flight B Hotel
You will take an early flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning (30 minutes) and check in at the Hotel in Kathmandu. In the afternoon, you have a free shopping day for family and friends.
Note: For flexibility, you may book your own accommodations Hostel to 5 star Hotel in Kathmandu and you can stay more than one night in Kathmandu before and after the trek at your preferred place.
Departure to international airport.
Final departure to international airport to fly to your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International and domestic Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight ticket with departure tax.
- One English speaking Government Certificate Holder Trekking guide and Trekkers 2:1 Porter.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner ) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Sagarmatha National park permits and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entrance fee.
- Guide's; porter's food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter ( we use every day to check your oxygen level and pulse in your body to minimize high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local fresh fruit like apple and pomegranates etc .
- 13% government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$30 and 30 Days US$50).
- Hotel and meals in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as tea, coffee, coke, beer, mineral water.
- Hot shower, Battery charge, your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
Do You Have A Packing List For The Trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm), scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks, and underwear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with a collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sunburn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip guard
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff Sacks
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking Poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Daypack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
What Foods Can We Expect During The Trek?
The Lodges have a Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like city food. Non-veg foods are not recommended. It is not hygienic.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item of hashbrown potato, toast, or Gurung or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge, etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam, Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macaroni, Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumplings, Pizza, fried rice, Fried Noodles, French fries, etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam, Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macaroni, Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumplings, Pizza, fried rice, Fried Noodles, French fries, etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, and hard drinks are not included.
When Is The Best Time To Do This Trek?
We organize this trek every day for a whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend the following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is the coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because there will be heavy snow.
- Spring (March–May): This is the best time to do the Gokyo Lakes trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperatures. You will also have a chance to see the Rhododendron flowers.
- Summer (June – August): This is a monsoon in Nepal. There are chances of rain every day and it will be cloudy. There is a chance to cancel the flight. A rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the rainy season. It will be fresh and clear weather will appear. It will be warm temperature.
Available of the trip
We organise small group private trip. If you are 2 or more people in your group, you may book any dates.
The travel insurance is need in case of any emergency. It is recommend to have. If you are doing short and low elevation trek, you can do normal insurance. But if you are doing high altitude or adventure trek, you should have emergency rescue.
Last Minute booking
Normally, trekkers plan the trip before 3-9 months. Some trekkers decide the trip in last minutes. It is also possible to book your trek at last minutes. For the Last minutes booking, you need to make a full payment.
Tipping is highly expected. Our staffs try their best during the trip. After the trip, Tipping is expected. It is not fixed amount or percentage. We recommend the tipping according to their services.
When you are travelling, the safety is most important. For the safety of our clients, we trained our guide and porters. They are all register trekking / Tour / Climbing guide and experience porters.
Extra personal expenses
For the extra expenses, it is good to bring USD / Euro / Pound Sterling or ther currency. You may change to Nepali Rupees (NPR) at Tribhuwan International Airport or near your Hotel in Kathmandu. You will use only Nepali rupees during the trip.
Accept few countries , you will get on arrival Nepal’s Visa at the Tribhuwan International Airport or Nepal board. I recommend to fill up Nepal Visa online form and bring it with you. It will be faster and easy for you and visa fee is recommended to bring cash US dollar. You can’t pay by using credit card.
Trip extension or Itinerary Disclaimer
We organize small group private trip. The trip extension is possible but you have to figure out when you booking the trip.
Group joing and Fixed departure
Most of the time, we have small group private trip. Group joining or fixed departure will be available only at the clients request.
You are not taking all the lugguage on the trek. You will take only necessary gears on the trek and rest of the gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara or in our office in Kathmandu. All the Hotels have free lagguge store services. It is more convinent to store at your Hotel.
- Ask permission to photograph people.
- Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
- Do not anything to disturb environment or wild animals.
Normally, domestic flight is not on time. If you have international flight with domestic connection flight. It is always better to keep some gaps.
For the Booking, we need passport copy, passport size photo by email or What's App and 20% deposit.
Why Himalaya Trip ?
- Fast response
- Recommended on TripAdvisor
- Trained guide
- Local or reasonable price
- Small group private Trip
Frequently Asked Questions
After the main highlights Namche Bazaar, Everest View Hotel, Tengboche, Gokyo Ri and Gokyo 5th Lakes, you have an option to take a Helicopter back to Lukla from Gokyo Lake. This will be extra activities of the trek with amazing experience. If you want, you have this choice on the way back with extra cost.
You will take the necessary gear with you on the trek. The remaining gear, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro, Pound Sterling, Nepali currency, etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge an extra 4%.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenience. They are Bank Transfers, Credit card payments, Western Union, etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Himalaya Trip, this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use a bank transfer, I will send it to you by email.
According to this package, we have a Gokyo Lake Trek itinerary for 11 days. If you have own itinerary in your mind, you may follow it according to your desired itinerary. The price of the Gokyo Lake Trek will be depending on the number of days. If it is 11 Days, it will be the same price. If the number of days increases, the price of Gokyo Lake Trek will increase.
Yeah, it is possible to do Renjo La Pass on the way back. If you can't do Renjo la, it is also possible to come back the same way.
Yeah, we are very flexible about the Hotel in Kathmandu. Some trekkers want to stay in a Luxurious Hotel and some people want to stay Hostel or Budget Hotel. If you want to book your Hotel in Kathmandu on your choice. You can book it directly. You may book only 11 Days Gokyo Lakes Trek from Kathmandu to Kathmandu.
Yeah, you can buy or rent gear in Kathmandu.
If you desire to do only a couple, friends, or family private trek, we will organize a private trek on your desired date. The price will be the same as group joining.
We also organize single travelers for this trek. If there is only you on your desired date, we still organize this trek at the same price as the group joining. This trek will lead by guide cum porter. He will carry your backpack. He speaks a little bit of English.
This is no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
Hot Shower is available on the trek. You can have a shower by paying an extra charge.
There is available natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet or water filter. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
If you are alone, you will trek with a guide cum porter at the same price. The guide cum porter will carry your backpack and lead this trek. He also communicates in English. If you take this option, you can start on any date.
Yeah, Internet or WI-FI is available on this trek. But you have to pay to use WI-FI.
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blankets, so you have to take a sleeping bag with you.
We provide one twin bed private common room for 2 people. You have to share the Toilet and Bathroom.
The highest point of this trek is Gokyo Ri (5330m) and 5th Lake (4990m) . We give this trek grade 4. Grade 1 is the easiest and grade 5 is the hardest trek.