5360m (Gokyo Ri)
1 Day 35minutes flight
11 Days Trekking
2 Nights in Hotel
10 Nights Lodge
13 Days Gokyo Lakes Trek is no doubt one of the most remarkable treks in Everest region. Tenzing Hillary Lukla airport, Namche Bazar, Everest View Hotel, Khumjung village, Mong La Danda, Gokyo Ri, Thonak Tsho (4th Lake) , Ngozumba Tsho (5th Lake) , Gyazumba Tsho (6th Lake) and Renjo La pass are the major spot of this trek. You will pass many suspension bridge, opportunity to see Himalayan birds, wild animals, Rhododendron flower if you do this trek on March, Sherpa people culture, Stone Mane walls, Many Buddhist Stupas and Monasteries and definitely beautiful view of Mount Everest and other highest Himalayas.
- Tenzing Hillary lukla airport, one of the Adventurous flights
- Many Buddhist Mane stone walls, Stupas, Matra written stone and Monasteries
- Sagarmatha National park entry point Jorsalle
- Experience Sherpa style life style, their culture, festival
- Sherpa capital Namche Bazar,
- A attractive view point Everest View Hotel, the finest Himalayas view
- One of the beautiful Khumjung , and Khunde village
- A nice spot Mong la Danda, the best Himalayas views.
- Wild animals, birds, flowers, many suspension bridge etc.
- A highest point of this Gokyo Ri 5330m, the greatest The highest mountain view of Mount Everest 8848.86m, Lhotse 8516m, Makalu 8481m, Cho Oyu 8201m and other Himalayas views such as Ama Dablam, Island Peak, Konde, Lobuche etc.
- Exploring The beautiful ice lake 1st to, 6th Gokyo lakes
- One of the biggest Ngozumba glaciers
- Renjola pass 5360m, one of the popular and adventure pass in Everest region
- The oldest Thame Monastery
Gokyo Lakes Trek
13 Days Gokyo Lakes Trek or Gokyo Valley Trek or Gokyo Trek or Gokyo Lake Renjo La Pass Trek starts at the Lukla (2828m/9278 feet) and follows the Dudh Koshi valley which climbs up to the Sherpa capital of Namche. We trek ascend Mong La Danda which are wonderful Hill with background exciting glance of the high mountains. The trail to Gokyo is a gradual ascent up the valley passes through the patches of birch and rhododendron forest where the indescribable musk deer can sometimes be seen. Through small yak-grazing settlements, we reach to Gokyo lakes. An excursion to the Gokyo fourth and fifth lakes would be an attraction in Gokyo Valley. The Ngozumpa Glacier is the largest in the Nepal Himalayas. The Gokyo Ri (5330m/17487 feet) is considered as the best viewpoint in the Everest Region. The incredible sceneries including magnificent views of Everest (8848m), Makalu (8463m), Cho Oyo (8201m), Lhotse (8516m), Gyachung Kang (7922m) and other mountains. Set among breath-taking high mountain surroundings, the route leads through the Khumbu the motherland of Sherpa. On the way back, you can come down say way or if you want more adventure, Renjo La pass option is available for you. It does not cost extra and days.
Renjo La Pass option: Returning from the visit of the Gokyo valley, we can choose an alternative trail doing Renjo La pass and joining the original trail at Namche. We will complete this trek without additional trek day need, and the pass will give us some of the best views of the Everest and surrounding mountains.
Note: Due to the air traffic in Kathmandu Airport, All the flight will be operate from Ramechhap to Lukla and Lukla to Ramechhap in the peak season from March, April, May, and October and November. Other time of the year, you will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
Other trek in Everest region: We have other trekking in Everest region; they are Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes, Everest Base Camp Trek, Everest View Trek, Jiri Everest Base Cam Trek and Everest 3 Passes Trek.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Fly to Lukla and Trekking
Day 03: Trekking
Day 04: Acclimatization day
Day 05-07: Trekking
Day 08: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5330m) and 5th Lake
Day 09-11: Trekking
Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 13: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu
Arriving at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Fly to Lukla (30 minutes) and Trek - Chheplung-Ghat- Phakding
2610 m, Phakding 3 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
This morning, your guide will come to pick you up at your Hotel in Kathmandu and drive to Domestic Airport. From the plane, you can view the great Himalayan range and the beautiful landscape. After Landing in the Lukla airport, rest for a while and prepare to begin your trek. We will only walk about three hours to the village of Phakding today. You will pass villages, Monasteries, Big Stone with Buddhist Matra written, Kusum Kangaru Mountain View etc. The trail is mostly downhill from Lukla to Phakdig, After reaching Phakding, rest for the day and enjoy the mesmerizing scenery surrounding it. View the beautiful sunset from a ridge near your overnight hotel in Phakding.
3441m, Namche 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will hike to Namche Bazaar. The hike to the Namche Bazaar from Phakding is a gradual and smooth ascend all the way. The trail from Phakding to Jorsalle is up and down. From Jorsalle, the trail is all the uphill to Namche. You will pass villages such as Tok Tok, Banker, Monjo (Sagarmatha National Entry Point ), Jorsalle in the trail. The path leading to Namche is one of the most used trails by the locals as well as travelers coming here. You can peek into the day to day life of the locals here. The view of Thamserku, Kangtega, Konde, Kusum Kangaru and implies of the Everest will accompany you as you get near to the Namche Bazaar. After reaching Namche, you can rest in your hotel for the day. Overnight at a hotel in Namche Bazaar.
Acclimatization day in Namche Bazaar.
3880m, Everest View Hotel 3-4 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is acclimatization day. We can hike way up Syangboche, Everest View Hotel and Khumjung village (Tenzing Hillary School in Khumjung village). The Himalayas views including Thamserku, Mt.Everest (world highest peak), Mt. Lhotse, Konde, Kangtega, Ama Dablam, Tawoche are excellent from Everest View Hotel. The round trip takes 4-5 hours walk. In the afternoon, you can visit the Sherpa Museum, National Museum, walk around Namche Bazar etc.
Namche-Kyanjuma-Mong La Danda
4000m, Mong La Danda 4 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After your breakfast with the majestic sunrise view over the snow-capped Himalayas. You will walk from Namche to the village of Kyanjuma as the first section of the trek. This part of the trail is plain and is a good warm-up for the day. From here ascending to the Hill of Mong La. In the clear day, you will have most beautiful view from this hill, Overnight at a tea house in Mong La.
Mong La -Dole- Machhermo
4470 m, Machhermo 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
In the early morning, you will have again beautiful view. After the breakfast, you will start the day with scenic mountains surrounding you. Trek down to the Phortse from Mong la. We can take a brief stop here and continue our walk to Dole and hike up till you reach Dole. We will have a short steep section of a climb as we reach near to the Dole village. After lunch in Dole, the trek will continue the vast range of landscape views. The cool breeze and the view of the wild mountain flowers are pristine in this section of the trek. In the second part of the trek, we will have a gradual uphill walk to the Machhermo village. Overnight at a hotel in Machhermo.
4790m, Gokyo 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After your breakfast at Macchermo, we will start our trek to the Gokyo valley. The trail is mostly uphill, and as we near the valley the scene just opens up beautifully. We will pass through the second Gokyo Lake before reaching your hotel. You can spend some time here and head to the Gokyo valley. The views of the Cho Oyu alongside the other ranges from the trail here make your trek worth every minute. We will walk through moraines and rocky trail beside the Ngozumpa Glacier and reach the Gokyo valley. After resting for a while, you can have evening walks around the valley for the amazing views and sceneries. Overnight at a lodge in Gokyo valley.
Gokyo Ri and Gokyo Lakes explore
5330 m ,Gokyo Ri 6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After a light morning tea, we will hike up to the GokyoRi peak: One of the best places in the trail to view the beautiful Gokyo lakes with the magical mountain view surrounding it.
“The hike to GokyoRi is about three hours long for round trip, and steep as well. From the top here, you will have a panoramic view of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Nuptse, Pumori and many more. We will also have a great view of the Gokyo valley and lakes from here. GokyoRi climb is one of the best destinations in the Himalayas one can reach without a special climbing permit and basic gears.”
After returning to your hotel, we will go to a tour of all the major Gokyo lakes here. Gokyo Lakes are some of the most visited places of the Sagarmatha National Park.You can have a peaceful and enjoyable time enjoying the calm nature in the banks of these lakes.”
Overnight at a lodge/ teahouse in Gokyo .
Gokyo Lake-Dole or Renjo La -Lunden
5360m, Renjo La 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
We will start the return trek from the Gokyo valley to Lukla. We will begin losing altitude and get an enchanting view of the hills and mountains from a different angle. You can revisit some of the fantastic spots and enjoy spending some more time here. Passing by the village of Macchermo in the way we will continue our descent to the village of Dole. Overnight at a lodge in Dole village.
*Optional de-route to do the Renjo La (5368 m) pass before returning to Lukla.
Dole or Lunden-Thame -Namche
3441 m, Namche Bazar 6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After your breakfast at the Dole village, head out for a short hike to view the Himalayan sunrise. The trek to Namche Bazaar is a mingling experience of the Sherpa culture and natural scenery of Khumbu. The trail is downhill to Phortse Tenga from Dole. From Phortse Tenga, you will climb up to Mong La Danda with imaging view. From Mong La Danda, the trail is downhill to Namche Bazaar. In the late afternoon, you will reach Namche Bazaar. Namche is a fantastic place to chill and enjoy the luxury of a hotel after a long trek. You can head for souvenir shopping and try some Yak products in Namche. Overnight at a hotel in Namche Bazaar.
2840m, Lukla 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After a scenic mountain sunrise and a Himalayan breakfast at Namche, we will start our trek to Lukla. We will pass the villages previously once more and reach the Lukla. Taking brief breaks, we will experience the change in the landscape and vegetation once we reach near Lukla. The views of the mountains now join up with the green hills and rivers to make a perfectly picturesque setting. You will rest for the day after you hike to Lukla. Overnight at a hotel in Lukla.
1340m, Kathmandu 35 minutes flight B Hotel
You will take an early flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning (30 minutes) and check in at the Hotel in Kathmandu. In the afternoon, you have a free and shopping day for family and friends.
Departure to international airport.
Final departure to international airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International and domestic Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight ticket with departure tax.
- One English speaking Government Certificate Holder Trekking guide and Trekkers 2:1 Porter.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner ) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Sagarmatha National park permits and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entrance fee.
- Guide's; porter's food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter ( we use every day to check your oxygen level and pulse in your body to minimize high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local fresh fruit like apple and pomegranates etc .
- 13% government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$30 and 30 Days US$50).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as tea, coffee, coke, beer, mineral water.
- Hot shower, Battery charge, your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
Do You Have A Packing List For The Trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm), scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks, and underwear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with a collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sunburn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip guard
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff Sacks
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking Poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Daypack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
How And Where Can We Process Nepal's Visa ?
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you from there. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
Visa Fee required to obtain Tourist Visa from Nepalese diplomatic agencies and entry points:
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with the passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days.
However, Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
What Kind Of Foods Do We Expect During The Trek ?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend. It is not hygienic.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item hasbrown potato, toast or Gurung or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
When is the best time to do this trek?
We organize this trek every day in whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to do Gokyo Lakes trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature. You will also have chances to see the Rhododendron flowers.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. There is chances of raining every day and it will be cloudy. There is chances to cancel the flight. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
After the main highlights Namche Bazaar, Everest View Hotel, Tengboche, Gokyo Ri and Gokyo 5th Lakes, you have a option to take a Helicopter back to Lukla from Gokyo Lake. This will be extra activities of the trek with amazing experience. If you want, you have this choice on the way back with extra cost.
You will take necessary gears with you on the trek. The remaining gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro , Pound Sterling, Nepali currency etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge extra 4%.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenient. They are Bank Transfer, Credit card payment, Western union etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Nepal Hidden Treks , this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use bank transfer, I will send it you by email.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of passport copy, passport size photo by email or
According to this package, we have Gokyo Lakes Trek itinerary for 14 days. If you have own itinerary in your mind, you may follow according to your desire itinerary. The price of the Gokyo Lakes Trek will be depending on the number of the days. If it is 14 Days, it will be same price. If number of the days increases, the price of Gokyo Lakes Trek will be increase.
If you want to avoid the same trail on the way back, it is also possible to do Renjo La Pass on the way back. If you choose to do Renjo La Pass option, you will not walk back same trail. It will be same days and same price as Gokyo Lakes Trek.
Yeah, we are very flexible about the Hotel in Kathmandu. Some trekkers want to stay in Luxurious Hotel and some people want to stay Hostel or Budget Hotel. If you want to book your Hotel in Kathmandu on your choice. You can book it directly. You may book only 12 Days Gokyo Lakes Trek from Kathmandu to Kathmandu. The price of the Hotel will be reduce from the package.
No, you will make it the same day. So, you do not need an extra day to do Renjo La pass.
Yeah, you can buy or rent gears in Kathmandu.
If you desire to do only couples, friends, family private trek, we will organize private trek at your desire date. The price will be same as group joining.
We also organize single traveler for this trek. If there is only you at your desire date, we still organize this trek at same price as group joining. This trek will lead by guide cum porter. He will carry your backpack. He speaks little bit English.
This is no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
Hot Shower is available on the trek. You can have a shower by paying an extra charge.
There are available of natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet or water filter. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
If you are alone , you will trek with a guide cum porter at the same price. The guide cum porter will carry your backpack and lead this trek. He also communicate in English. If you take a this option, you can start any dates.
Yeah, Internet or WIFI is available on this trek. But you have to pay to use WIFI .
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blanket, you have to take sleeping bag with you.
We provide one twin bed private common room for 2 people. You have to share Toilet and Bathroom.
The highest point of this trek is Gokyo Ri (5330m) and 5th Lake (4990m) . We give this trek grade 4. Grade 1 is easiest and grade 5 is hardest trek.