4000m, Ganesh Himal Base Camp
2 days drive
14 days Trekking
- March - May
- September - December
15 days Lodge and home stay
Public Bus or Jeep
PRICE STARTS FROM
Tsum valley trek is less touristic and hidden trekking area in Nepal. The trek after drive to Sotikhola from Kathmandu. The trek pass many villages Machhakhola, Jagat, Philim, Lokpla, Chumling, Chhekamparo, Lamagoan, Milerapa cave, Mu Gompa, Rachen Gompa, Gumba Lungdeng, Ganesh Himal base camp and way back to Machhakhola. The beautiful Himalayas, people life style and culture, Buddhist mane walls, chhorten etc.
- The less touristic area trek in Nepal.
- Jagat, Lokpa, Chumling, Chhekamparo, Nile / Chhule, Mu Gompa, Milarepa Cave, Rachen Gompa, Gumba Lungdang, Ganesh Himal Base Camp are major places of this trek.
- Beautiful Himalayas view of Ganesh Himal, Siringi Himal, Buddha Himal etc.
- Buddhist mane walls, Gompa, Stupas, Chhorten and people life style and culture etc.
- Waterfalls, suspension bridge
Tsum Valley Trek
Tsum Valley trek start at Sotikkhola after drive from Kathmandu. The ascends follow budi Gandaki river. Tsum valley( part of the Inner Himalaya) opens from Chhekanparo, where hospitable local people( Tibetan group "tsombo") welcome you with traditional tibetan Chiya( butter tea)and local meal. The Tsum valley is extremely rich in culture assets. The valley is dotted with gompas,chortens and mani walls.The longest mani wall are at Dzong and Phurpe. The valley preserves steps of the great Buddhist Ogi Chyuchin Melerepa foot print story and about guru Padma sambhava circumbulation. The people here never slaughter animals. even sacrifice to the gods. The Tsum valley areas basis lodges are available.
Northern Gorkha"Tsum" comes from the Tibetan word Tsombo; which means bright. Traditionally, Tsum valley was a currently distinct geographical area called Tsum Valley Trekking is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley situated in 'Tsum Tso Chuksums, which means thirteen provinces ruled as a single territory. Against the majestic backdrop of the Ganesh Himal,Shrigi Himal,Boudha Himal ranges, this serene Himalayan valley is rich in ancient art, culture and religion. The local people are mostly of Tibetan origin & speak their own dialect. The altitude of Tsum valley trekking varies from 1905m in Lhokpa to over 5093m at Ngula Dhojhyang pass on the Tibetan Border. The hidden valley is surrounded by buddha Himal and Himal chuli to the west,Ganesh himal to the south & Shrigi himal to the north.
The Lodge has been built on the trail. Himalaya Trip organize 16 Days Tsum Valley tea house Trek.
Day 01: Kathmandu- Dhadingbensi- Arughat – Soti Khola (700m, 7-8 hours’ drive)
Day 02: Sotikhola-Machha Khola 869m,
Day 03: Machha Khola – Jagat 1340m
Day 04: Jagat- Philim Gaun – Lokpa 2240
Day 05: Lokpa-Chumling(2386m)
Day 06: Chumling-Chhokang Paro (3030m)
Day 07: Chhokang Paro - Chele/Nile (3360m)
Day 08: Chhule/Nile- MU Gompa(3910m) and back.
Day 09: Chhule/ Nile -Rachen Gomba – Chhokang Paro 3030m
Day 10: Chhokang Paro - Domje-Gumba Lungdeng ( 3200m)
Day 11: Excursion Day Ganesh Himal base camp
Day 12: Gumba Lungdeng- Domje -Chumling 2386m
Day 13: Chumling -Lokpa- Philim gaun
Day 14: Philim gaun -Jagat- Machhakhola
Day 15: Machhakhola- Sotikhola
Day 16: Sotikhola - Arughat-Kathmandu
Kathmandu - Dhadingbesi - Arughat - Sotikhola
700m, Sotikhola 7-8 hours drive B,L,D Lodge
Early In the Morning Drive7 hours to Sotikhola through Trisuli River ( famous for white water rafting) and Dhading bensi. Arughar is largerst village in the areas, Arkhet Bazar and Sotikhola at the end. Then stay overnight at Lodge.
Sotikhola - Lapubensi - Machhakhola
869m, Machhakhola 6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
The trek start from Sotikhola following Budigandaki river and rice field , local houses also view of the Ganesh himal mountains and beautiful scenery . It takes 6 hours walking to Machhakhola via Lapubensi, Khanibesi and stay there overnight at Lodge.
Machhakhola-Tatopani-Dovan - Jagat
1340m, Jagat 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
We trek to Jagat 6-7 hours walking via khorlabensi,Tatopani( Natural Hotspring), Dovan ,Thulo Dhungga , Yaruphant then reach to Jagat. stay there overnight at Lodge.
Jagat - Philim - Lokpa
2240m, Lokpa 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Jagat is main check post of the manaslu restricted area permit and then hike to Salleri, Sirdibas vilage, Ghatekhola and reach to Philim gaun. this is big gurung village of the gurung people. and trek continue to Ekle Bhati and Lokpa. From Ekle Bhatti, we take a different route than Manaslu trek route to Lokpa and stay there overnight at Lodge.
Lokpa - Chumling
2386m, Chumling 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Lokpa - Chumling (5-6 hours walk), we follow the Siyar Khola, overnight at Lodge.
Chumling - Chhekampar
3030m 5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
The trek following Siyar Khola and reach to Chhekampar. Chhekampar has Tsum Valley restricted areas permit check post office and big town. 5 hours walking then stay overnight at lodge .
Chhekampar - Chhule / Nile
3360m, Chhule / Nile 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After reaching in Chhekampar , the valley is very wide also marvelous view of the Mountains, we walk through lamagaon, Burji( Melerepa foot print Gompa and phu cave and following the same river of the Siyar khola and reach to Chhule/Nile. 4/5 hours walking then stay overnight at Lodge. Rest of the time explore the local town and monastery.
Hike to Mu Gompa and back
3700m, Mu Gompa 3-4 hours B,L,D Lodge
You will hike to Mu Gompa and back to Chhule / Nile, overnight at Lodge.
Chhule / Nile - Rachen Gompa - Chhekampar
3030m, Chhekamparo 5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek Back to Chhekampar via Rachen Gompa. It takes 5 hours walk, overnight at Lodge.
Chhekamparo - Domje - Gumba Lungdang
3200m, Gumba Lungdang 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Chhekampar to Domje same way Siyar khola. From Domje, trek to Gumba Lungdang, overnight at the Gumba.
Hike to Ganesh Himal Base camp
4000m, Ganesh Himal B.C. 3-4 hours walk B,L,D Gumba
Hike to Ganesh Himal Base camp and back to same place
Gumba Lundang - Domje - Chumling
2386m, Chumling 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Gumba Lungdang - Domje - Chumling (2386m, 6-7 hours walking), overnight at the Lodge.
Chumling - Lokpa - Philimgaun - Jagat
1340m, Jagat 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Chumling - Lokpa - Philimgaun - Jagat (1340m, 6-7 hours walking), overnight at Lodge.
Jagat - Machhakhola
869m, Machhakhola 7-8 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Jagat to Machhakhola via Yaruphant, Thulo dhungga Dovan, Tatopani., overnight at the Lodge in Machhakhola.
Machhakhola - Sotikhola
700m, Sotikhola 6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Machhakhola to Sotikhola ( 700m, 6 hours walking), overnight at Lodge.
Note: Public bus to Kathmandu is available in Machhakhola in the dry season.
Sotikhola - Kathmandu
1342m, Kathmandu 7-8 hours drive B,L own Hotel
Drive from Sotikhola- Kathmandu (1342m, 7-8 hours drive), overnight at your own Hotel.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus depending on group size.
- Kathmandu-Soti Khola -Kathmandu by public Bus .
- All the Meals (16 Breakfast, 15 Lunch, and 15 Dinner) and 15 Nights at Lodge or home stay accommodation during the trek.
- One experienced and qualified English speaking guide and trekkers 2: 1 porter.
- Tsum Valley restricted trekking permit fee.
- Manaslu Conservation area (MCAP) permit fee.
- TIMS Card.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local seasonal fresh fruit like apple and Pomegranates etc.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, we use every day to check your oxygen level and pulse in your body to minimize high risk.
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- 13% government VAT and Official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$40).
- Hotel and meals in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as: tea, coffee, coke, beer, mineral water etc.
- Your Trekking Gears and Personal shopping.
- Hot Shower, Battery charge, Boiled water, WIFI etc.
- Your travel insurance which should include emergency rescue.
- Tips for the staffs.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
Nepal's Visa process and fees ?
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you from there. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with the passport from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days. However, Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Packing list for Tsum Valley Trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip guard
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
What kind of food do we expect ?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend. It is not fresh and hygienic .
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item , toast or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam, Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
When is the best time to do Tsum Valley Trek ?
We organize this trek all the months. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be snowing this region. But it is also possible to do this trek.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Tsum Valley Trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. There is chances of raining every day and it will be cloudy and risk of landslide. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this Tsum Valley Trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.