5896m (Paldor Peak)
Mar-May & Sep-Nov
Lodge and Tent Camp
Paldor peak is considered a trekking peak by the Nepal mountaineering association, and is a technical climb. Paldor Peak 5,896m is located in the Ganesh Himal Ruby valley region, northwest of Katmandu. The summit of the paldor peak offers a panoramic view of surrounding Ganesh himal ranges.
Paldor Peak Climbing
The quickest approach to Paldor Peak is from Sabrubensi near in the Trisuli valley which can be reached in an 8 to 9 hours drive from Kathmandu. A more interesting approach is the trek to Gatlang through the hills Tamang heritage trail from Syabru Bensi. The route leads via Tamang village of Gatlang, and then heads northwards to Ganesh Himal ruby valley region along the Mailung khola. Ganesh Himal ruby valley area in itself is a good choice for all trekkers. They remain unforgettably beautiful and culturally rich. In addition, the trails are less crowded and the people are friendly. Until Somdang, we can do tea house trek .After Somdang, we have to do camping trek up to Paldor base camp and high camp. This climbing is the overview for anyone who is physically fit and has adventure spirit. After reaching, Paldor peak high camp, we will be using crampons, ice axe and rope. The summit is renowned for being an excellent view of Ganesh Himal, with the icy fangs of Pabil (7,101m / 23,300ft), Lapsang Karpo (7,150m / 23,458ft), Ganesh I (7,406m / 24,298ft) and Ganesh V (6,950m / 22,802ft) can be seen on clear day.
After summit the Paldor peak, we will take to you either direct Syabrubensi or via Pangpass to other side of Ruby valley trek or Tamang heritage trek. It will depend on your time.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubensi
Day 03-12: Trekking
Day 13: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 14: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu
Arriving in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Kathmandu - Sabrubensi
Drive from Kathmandu to Sabrubensi (1450m ,7-8 hours driving) and then overnight at Lodge.
Sabrubensi - Gatlang
Trek from Sabrubensi to Gatlang (2,240m, 4-5 hours walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Gatlang - Khurpudanda - Somdang
Gatlang to Somdang (3270m ,6-7 hours walking) via Khurpudanda pass 3,620m and then overnight at Lodge.
Somdang - Jastha Khani
Trek from Somdang to Jastha Khani (3700m, 4-5 hours walking) and then overnight at Tent camp.
Jastha Khani-Paldor Base Camp
Trek from Jastha Khani to Paldor Base Camp (4,280m,4-5 hours walking) and then overnight at Tent camp.
Paldor Base Camp - High Camp
Trek from Paldor base camp to High camp and then overnight at Tent camp.
Rest day at High camp for acclimatization and then overnight at Tent camp.
Summit Paldor Peak
Summit Paldor Peak (5,896m) to back Base Camp and then overnight at Tent camp.
Paldor Base Camp - Somdang
Trek from Base camp to Somdang and then overnight at Lodge
Somdang - Gatlang
Trek from Somdang to Gatlang via Khurpudanda pass and then overnight at Lodge.
Gatlang - Syabrubensi
Trek from Gatlang to Syabrubensi and then overnight at Lodge.
Syabrubensi - Kathmandu
Syabrubesi to Kathmandu by bus and then overnight at selected Hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure to your home country
Final departure to international airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu - Syabrubensi - Kathmandu by Public Bus or Jeep.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Tea house and Tent Camp accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking experience Climbing Sherpa and required cook , porters.
- Paldor Peak Climbing Permit.
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) Card.
- Langtang national park fee.
- Equipment such as Tent, Ice ax, Rope, Ices crow, Snow bar.
- Trekking /Climbing guide/porters/other staffs: Salary, Insurance, Equipment, Meals and Accommodation etc.
- Garbage Deposit.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter (we use everyday to check your oxygen level and blood pressure in your body to avoid high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- First Aids Kit.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$4O).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, Mineral water ,Boiled water etc.
- Personal climbing gears & clothing (also available on hire).
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for staffs.