3 Days drive
11 Days Trekking
3 Nights Hotel
12 Night at Lodge
PRICE STARTS FROM
The Annapurna Round Trek has been proved as a highly praised and impressive trekking route in the Annapurna region. It is also call Annapurna Circuit Trekking. Manang valley, Thorong La pass ,Muktinath Temple, Jomsom valley, Tatopani, Ghorepani and Poonhill are the major attraction of this trek. We organize Annapurna Round Trek or Annapurna circuit Trek 16 Days .
- Nice landscape of Manang Valley and Himalayas view.
- The highest point World biggest Thorong La Pass with beautiful Himalayas view.
- The most popular Hindu Temple Muktinath
- Interesting landscape and windy valley Jomsom
- Tal, Dharapani, Thanchok, Chame, Pisang, Ghyaru, Ngawal, Manang, Muktinath and Jomsom villages.
- Annapurna II, III, IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dom, Dhaulagiri range, Manaslu Range , Nilgiri ,Tilicho , Chulu, Thorong , Pisang Peak views.
- Natural Hot Spring
- Poonhill, a nice spot to view the Himalayas view and the best sunrise.
Annapurna Round Trek
The 16 Days Annapurna Round Trek or Annapurna circuit Trek starts from Bhulbhulle and goes along the Marshyangdi River, with great view of Manaslu (8163m.) and Peak 29 to the east. Starting from less altitude, it gives us a chance to explore the Himalayas from bottom to top and from many different angles and perspectives and it supports to acclimatize your body. We spend walking through rice farms, forests and friendly villages belonging to the lower realms of the Annapurna Conservation Area. Reaching Pisang village, we have a choice of trails north or south of the Marsyangdi River which meet up again at Mungji. The southern route by Humde, with its airstrip, at 3325m involves less climbing than the northern route via Ghyaru, Ngawal though there are better views on the trail that follows the northern bank of the river. As it continues to the main Himalayan range on to the high and dry Tibetan Plateau, the scenery is equally breathtaking. The village of Manang (3,500m/11483feet) marks the beginning of the next stage, where a day will be spent acclimatizing to the higher altitude. A number of excursions in the area can help the acclimatization process by visiting various monasteries or viewing, Gangapurna Lake, Ice Lake, Khangsar village, Milerepa Cave .The highest point of the trek is Thorong La pass (5416m / 17768 feet). After climbing up, the pass is marked by the Mani stone and prayer flags. As you reach the top, you are rewarded by the magnificent view from the top and then we walk down to Muktinath with amazing mountains. The sacred Muktinath temple has 108 waterfalls that resemble water flowing from taps and mysterious natural gas fires that boggle the mind. Annapurna circuit trekking via Muktinath, Jomsom and the apple orchards of Marpha Thakali village, we now enter the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest in the world between the giant Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan ranges. The trek gets interesting in Tatopani where you will have the opportunity to relax in natural hot spring which you get relief of your tiredness and painful .The climb Poonhill (3210m/10531feet) is rewarded awesome view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges with the best sunrise. Now we trek down to Hile via Ullerri Magar village.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Bhulbhule,
Day 03-07: Trekking
Day 08: Acclimatization day in Manang
Day 09-10: Trekking
Day 11: One of the hardest day and highest altitude Thorong La Pass 5416m
Day 12 : Drive to Tatopani
Day 13-14 : Trekking and drive back to Pokhara
Day 15: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 16: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu
1340m, Kathmandu Hotel
Arriving in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Kathmandu - Besishahar - Bhulbhule
840 m, Bhulbhule 7-8 Hours drive B,L,D Lodge
Your guide will come to pick you up at your Hotel and drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule 7-8 hours by public bus. The road from Kathmandu to Besishahar is nice. From Besishahar drive to Bhulbhule in a gravel road, overnight at Lodge.
Optional: If you want avoid to drive by Public Bus , it is also possible to take a private Jeep from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule.
Bhulbhule - Bahun Danda - Jagat
1310 m, Jagat 6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will Trek to Jagat. The trail is walking via Ngadi (View of Manaslu and Peak 29) , Bahun Danda and Syange (nice view of waterfall).The trek end at Jagat and then overnight at Lodge.
Jagat - Dharapani
1943 m, Dharapani 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Jagat to Dharapani. Jagat to Chamje, we walk on the road. From Chamje, you will walk on trekking trail to Tal. The trail is slowly uphill to Tal. From Tal, there is nice and easy trail to Dharapani, overnight at Lodge.
Dharapani - Bagarchhap - Danakyu- Timang -Chame
2670 m, Chame 5-6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Dharapani to Chame. The trail from Dharapani to Danakyu is nice and easy. You will have first view of Annapurna II from Bagarchhap. From Danakyu, the trail is uphill to Timang 2460m. You will have a nice view of Mt. Manaslu and other mountain from Timang. The trail from Timang to Chame is nice via Thanchock. The Chame is official district headquarter of Manang. There is natural hot spring, overnight at Lodge.
Chame - Bhratang - Dhukur Pokhari - Pisang
3200 m, Pisang 5-6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Chame to Pisang. The trail from Chame to Bhratang is nice. From Bhratang, you will trek uphill to Dhukur Pokhari. From Dhukur Pokhari appear to see many mountains like Annapurna II, Pisang peak, Chulu peak, Tilicho peak and others. The trail from Dhukur Pokhari is down and flat to Pisang , overnight at Lodge. In the afternoon, you will hike to Upper Pisang. There is monastery in Upper. From the monastery, you will nice view.
Pisang - Ghyaru - Ngawal - Manang
3540 m, Manang 7 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Pisang to Manang . Leaving Pisang, we have a choice of trails north or south of the Marsyangdi River which meet up again at Mungji. The southern route by Hongde, with its airstrip, at 3325m involves less climbing. The northern route via Ghyaru, Ngawal though there are better views on the trail that follows the northern bank of the river and then overnight at Lodge.
Rest day in the same place for acclimatization
Ice Lake (4600m): It is a nice place to hike to, but it is a long walk. It is about 6 hours there and back. You can see the wonderful views of the mountains and the ice lake is excellent. It is definitely worth doing.
Monastery (100 rupees lama): Praken Gomba is name of the monastery. It is a nice short walk. We see great Annapurna mountain views. The monastery has a Monk. He blesses your impending crossing of the Thorung La pass by tying a sacred thread around your neck. We have to give him one hundred rupees per person for this reason we call him Hundred Rupees Lama.
Gangapurna glacier: It is also not very far from Manang village. We see a close view of Gangapurna Lake and the glacier.
Khangsar village: It is the last village after Manang. Khangsar is a collection of traditional stone buildings surrounding a large village square. Near the top of the village is a small Sakyapa school monastery. This village is on the way to Tilicho Lake (the world’s highest lake or Mesokunda pass. It is a lovely old village.
Milerepa cave: This cave is another interesting site in this area. Many years ago a monk from Tibet lived in this cave. His name was Milerepa. He is famous for meditating in this place.
Manang - Chauri Lader
4200m, Chauri Lader 5 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Manang to Chauri Lader . The trail is slowly uphill to Gunsang via Tengi. From Gunsang, the trail is nice and easy to Chauri Lader via Yak Kharka. During the hike, you will have nice view of Annapurna III, Gangapurna , Glacier Dom, Tilicho Peak, Chulu west and Manaslu range etc, overnight at Lodge.
Optional: If you want, it is also possible to extend this trek with Tilicho Lake. It takes only two extra day.
Chauri Lader - Thorong Phedi 4450 m or Thorong High Camp
4925 m, Thorong High Camp 4-5 Hours B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Chauri Lader to Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp depending on your health condition. If you have good sleep in Chauri Lader without any problem, you may continue to Thorong High Camp 4925m, 4-5 hours walk. If you feel difficult to sleep in Chauri Lader, it is better to stay in Thorong Phedi 4450m, 3 hours walk. The view are amazing during the hike. The trail from Chauri Lader to Thorong Phedi is slowly uphill. From Thorong Phedi to High Camp is very step uphill, overnight at Lodge.
Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp - Thorong La 5416m - Muktinath
5416m, Thorong La Pass 7-9 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is one of the hardest day, you will start your hike early in the morning after the breakfast. The trail from Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp to Thorong La Pass 5416m is all the way uphill. You will have nice view Annapurna Range, Thorong Peak and Dhaulagiri range, Nilgiri and other mountain view from Thorong La Pass. After taking some photos and seeing the view, you will trek down to Muktinath. The trail from Thorong La Pass to Muktinath is all the way downhill. The trek from Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp to Muktinath is around 7-9 hours walk, overnight at Lodge.
Muktinath - Kagbeni - Jomsom - Tatopani
1180 m, Tatopani 7-8 Hours drive B,L,D Lodge
This morning, you will visit Muktinath Temple. In the temple, there is 108 water taps, two pound and natural gas fires. After that, drive down to Tatopani. The drive continue down the world deepest gorge Kali Gandaki River. The resort town of Tatopani, with its welcome hot springs and then overnight at Lodge.
Note: From Jomsom, you also have a option to take a flight to Pokhara.
Tatopani - Sikha- Chitre- Ghorepani
2832 m, Ghorepani 7-8 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek from Tatopani to Ghorepani. The long climb to Ghorepani is rewarded with awesome views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges and then overnight at Lodge.
Option: You have a option to drive back to Pokhara from Tatopani.
Ghorepani - Poonhill- Ulleri - Hile - Pokhara
3210 m, Poonhill 6 Hours walk and 2 Hours drive B,L Hotel
Visit to Poon Hill (3210 m, 1 hour climbing at the top) early in the morning for the sun rise view and magnificent mountains views trek down to Hile (1500 m,4 hours walking), drive back to Pokhara by Jeep and then overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Pokhara - Kathmandu
1340m, Kathmandu 6-7 Hours drive B Hotel
Today, you will drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus at 7:30 AM (200 km. 6/7 hours driving) and stay overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
There are many flights to Kathmandu from Pokhara every day. You may choose to take a flight to get there. It takes 30 minutes. It is the more convenient way to get to Kathmandu.
Departure to your home country
Final departure to international airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Annapurna conservation area (ACAP) Permit and (trekkers' information management system (TIMS) card.
- one English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and Trekkers 2:1 porters.
- Kathmandu to Chamje (Trekking starting point) and Muktinath - Tatopani by local bus and Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner ) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guide and porters: all the meals, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, transportation, flight ticket etc.
- First Aids Kit.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter (we use everyday to check your oxygen level and blood pressure in your body to minimize high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- Local fresh fruit like pomegranates and apple etc.
- 1 Night Hotel in Pokhara on BB Plan.
- All the official charges and 13% Government VAT.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your trekking gears.
- All the drinks such as: tea, coffee, coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
Marlies and Joris
Netherlands., August 23, 2016
Annapurna trek with Harka
In October 2007 we did the Annapurna trek with Harka, which was a fantastic experience. In 20 days Harka guided us from one magnificent place to the other. During the trek Harka provided us with a lot of information about the region and the people we met. Harka’s experience made it a challenging but safe and feasible trek, by keeping the pace to a level that suited our physical condition. In the evening we rested and played many card games with Harka surrounded by the worlds highest peaks, drinking tea and eating cookies. It was an unforgettable experience, which we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
For any further reference please don’t hesitate to contact us via
Netherlands., August 23, 2016
How and where can we process Nepal's Visa ?
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you from there. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with the passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations isn’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days. However, Indian nationals do not require the visa to enter into Nepal.
What kind of Foods do we have during the trek?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend. It is not fresh and hygienic .
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item has-brown potato, toast or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papa dam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macaroni , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papa dam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macaroni , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
When is the best time to do this trek ? How cold is Annapurna circuit?
We organize this trek every day in whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow. There is high chance to closed the trek during this time.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Manaslu trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature. You will also have chances to see the Rhododendron flowers in lower part. The minimum temperature will be around -10 Celsius and Maximum temperature will be around 25 Celsius.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. There is chances for rain in lower part but it will good weather in upper part of the trek because Manang and Mustang is rain shadow area in Nepal. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature. The minimum temperature will be around -10 Celsius and Maximum temperature will be around 25 Celsius.
Do you have a packing list for the trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip bal
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items,cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide one twin bed private common room for 2 people. You have to share Toilet and Bathroom.
The highest point of this trek is Thorong La Pass 5416 m. If you gain the altitude slowly from low elevation to high, that will be much safe for you. The additional time spent in Manang allows trekkers to acclimatize sufficiently to minimize the risk of acute mountain sickness (AMS). Drinking enough water and walk slowly is always help you. Unpredictable weather condition and avalanches are the major cause behind its riskiness.
We organize 16 days Annapurna Circuit Trekking. You can make it this trek longer or shorter as your available time.
Annapurna Circuit Trekking is one of the most popular trekking destination in the world. Yeah, the road has been build on this trail. On the whole trek, you will walk on the road about 15% and walk on the trekking trail 85%. It is still worth to do this trek as Annapurna Circuit Trekking is one of the most beautiful.
If you want to include World Highest Tilicho Lake 4919 m, you need 2 extra days.
We organize small group trek everyday. Everyday is available to book this trek.
Yeah, it is possible to do Short Annapurna Circuit trekking if you have limited time. You may drive up to Chame and from Muktinath, you may drive back to Pokhara or fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom.
According to this package, we organize this trek in above price. If you want to add extra days or reduce the days, The Annapurna Circuit trekking cost will be different.
According to this package, we have Annapurna Circuit Trekking itinerary for 16 days. If you have own itinerary in your mind, you may follow according to your desire itinerary.
The price will be apply same if you are up to 5 people. If you are more than 5 people, you will provide special discount for Annapurna Circuit Trekking.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro , Pound Sterling, Nepali currency etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge extra 4%.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenient. They are Bank Transfer, Credit card payment, Western union etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Nepal Hidden Treks , this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use bank transfer, I will send it you by email.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of passport copy, passport size photo by email or WhatsApp +977-9851196388 and deposit 25% of total amount. We will confirm your booking.
You will take necessary gears with you on the trek. The remaining gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.
If you desire to do this trek only couples, friends, family private trek, we will organize private trek at your desire date. The price will be same as group joining.
Yeah, you can buy or rent gears in Kathmandu.
You can buy Nepal NCELL or NTC Sim Card on the arrival of Airport.There is signal on the trek. You can use along the trek.
There is no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
Hot Shower is available on the trek. You can have shower by paying extra charge.
Ask permission to photograph people.
Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
There are available of natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet or water filter. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water. Annapurna Conservation area project also sale safe drinking water at many villages.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
The highest point of this trek is Thorong La Pass (5416m).We give this trek grade 4. Grade 1 is easiest and grade 5 is hardest trek.
Yeah, Internet or WIFI is available on this trek. But you have to pay to use WIFI .
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blanket, you have to take sleeping bag with you.