5416m, Thorong La pass
4 Days drive
6 Days Trekking
1 Night Hotel in Pokhara
8 Nights at Lodge
The Annapurna Round Trek has been proved as a highly praised and impressive trekking route in the Annapurna region. It is also call Annapurna Circuit Trekking. Chame, Pisang, Gyaru, Ngawal ,Manang , Thorong La pass ,Muktinath Temple, Jomsom valley, Tatopani are the major attraction of this trek. We organize Annapurna Round Trek or Annapurna circuit Trek 10 Days .
- Nice landscape of Manang Valley and Himalayas view.
- The highest point World biggest Thorong La Pass with beautiful Himalayas view.
- The most popular Hindu Temple Muktinath
- Interesting landscape and windy valley Jomsom
- Tal, Dharapani, Thanchok, Chame, Pisang, Ghyaru, Ngawal, Manang, Muktinath and Jomsom villages.
- Annapurna II, III, IV, Gangapurna, Glacier Dom, Dhaulagiri range, Manaslu Range , Nilgiri ,Tilicho , Chulu, Thorong , Pisang Peak views.
- Many Buddhist mane walls, stupas, Monasteries
- The beautiful Gangapurna Lake in Manang
- Many suspension bridges
Annapurna Round Trek
The 10-Day Annapurna Round Trek or Annapurna Circuit Trek starts from Chame after a drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar and Chame. The trek goes along the Marshyangdi River, with a great view of Manaslu (8163m.) and Peak 29 to the east. Starting from less altitude, it gives us a chance to explore the Himalayas from bottom to top and from many different angles and perspectives and it supports to acclimatize your body. We walked through rice farms, forests, and friendly villages belonging to the lower realms of the Annapurna Conservation Area.
Reaching Pisang village, we have a choice of trails north or south of the Marsyangdi River which meet up again at Mungji. The southern route by Humde, with its airstrip, at 3325m involves less climbing than the northern route via Ghyaru, Ngawal though there are better views on the trail that follows the northern bank of the river. As it continues to the main Himalayan range onto the high and dry Tibetan Plateau, the scenery is equally breathtaking.
The village of Manang (3,500m/11483 feet) marks the beginning of the next stage, where a day will be spent acclimatizing to the higher altitude. Several excursions in the area can help the acclimatization process by visiting various monasteries or viewing, Gangapurna Lake, Ice Lake, Khangsar village, and Milerepa Cave.
The highest point of the trek is Thorong La Pass (5416m / 17768 feet). After climbing up, the pass is marked by the Mani stone and prayer flags. As you reach the top, you are rewarded by the magnificent view from the top and then we walk down to Muktinath with amazing mountains. The sacred Muktinath temple has 108 waterfalls that resemble water flowing from taps and mysterious natural gas fires that boggle the mind.
Annapurna Round trekking via Muktinath, Jomsom, and the apple orchards of Marpha Thakali village, we now enter the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest in the world between the giant Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalayan ranges. It is optional to add the trek gets interesting in Tatopani where you will have the opportunity to relax in natural hot springs where you get relief from your tiredness and pain. The climb Poonhill (3210m/10531 feet) is rewarded awesome view of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges with the best sunrise. Now we trek down to Hile via Ullerri Magar village.
The original Annapurna round trek was 3 weeks. After the construction of the road. You can do this trek in a short Annapurna round trek (4 days drive and 6 days trek).
Day 01: Drive Kathmandu - Besishahar
Day 02: Drive Besishahar - Chame
Day 03: Trek Chame - Pisang
Day 04: Trek Pisang - Gyaru - Ngawal - Manang
Day 05: Rest day in Manang
Day 06: Trek Manang - Yak Kharka - Chauri Lader
Day 07: Trek Yak Kharka - Chauri Lader - Thorong Phedi or High Camp
Day 08: Trek Thorong Phedi or High camp - One of the hardest day and highest altitude Thorong La Pass 5416m - Muktinath
Day 09: Drive Muktinath - Jomsom - Tatopani - Pokhara
Day 10: Drive Pokhara - Kathmandu
Kathmandu - Besishahar
760 m, Besishahar 6-7 Hours drive B,L,D Lodge
Your guide will come to pick you up at your Hotel and drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar for 6-7 hours by tourist bus. The road from Kathmandu to Besishahar is nice, overnight at Lodge.
Optional: If you want avoid to driving by tourist bus, it is also possible to take a private car or Jeep from Kathmandu to Besishahar.
Besishahar -Chamje-Dharapani - Chame
2670 m, Chame 6-7 Hours drive B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will drive from Besishahar to Chame. The road from Besishahar to Chame is gravel via Jagat, Chame, and Dharapani to Chame. You will have the first view of Annapurna II from Bagarchhap. From Danakyu, the road is uphill to Timang 2460m. You will have a nice view of Mt. Manaslu and another mountain from Timang. The road from Timang to Chame is nice via Thanchock. The Chame is the official district headquarters of Manang. There is a natural hot spring, overnight at the Lodge.
Chame - Bhratang - Dhukur Pokhari - Pisang
3200 m, Pisang 5-6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Chame to Pisang. The trail from Chame to Bhratang is nice. From Bhratang, you will trek uphill to Dhukur Pokhari. From Dhukur Pokhari appear to see many mountains like Annapurna II, Pisang Peak, Chulu Peak, Tilicho Peak, and others. The trail from Dhukur Pokhari is down and flat to Pisang, overnight at Lodge. In the afternoon, you will hike to Upper Pisang. There is a monastery in Upper. From the monastery, you will nice view.
Pisang - Ghyaru - Ngawal - Manang
3540 m, Manang 7 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Pisang to Manang. Leaving Pisang, we have a choice of trails north or south of the Marsyangdi River which meet up again at Mungji. The southern route by Hongde, with its airstrip, at 3325m involves less climbing. The northern route via Ghyaru, Ngawal though there are better views on the trail that follows the northern bank of the river, and then overnight at Lodge.
Rest day in the same place for acclimatization
Ice Lake (4600m): It is a nice place to hike, but it is a long walk. It is about 6 hours there and back. You can see the wonderful views of the mountains and the ice lake is excellent. It is worth doing.
Monastery (100 rupees lama): Praken Gomba is the name of the monastery. It is a nice short walk. We see great Annapurna mountain views. The monastery has a Monk. He blesses your impending crossing of the Thorung La pass by tying a sacred thread around your neck. We have to give him one hundred rupees per person for this reason we call him Hundred Rupees Lama.
Gangapurna Glacier: It is also not very far from Manang village. We see a close view of Gangapurna Lake and the glacier.
Khangsar village: It is the last village after Manang. Khangsar is a collection of traditional stone buildings surrounding a large village square. Near the top of the village is a small Sakyapa school monastery. This village is on the way to Tilicho Lake (the world’s highest lake or Mesokunda Pass. It is a lovely old village.
Milerepa cave: This cave is another interesting site in this area. Many years ago a monk from Tibet lived in this cave. His name was Milerepa. He is famous for meditating in this place.
Manang - Chauri Lader
4200m, Chauri Lader 5 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Manang to Chauri Lader . The trail is slowly uphill to Gunsang via Tengi. From Gunsang, the trail is nice and easy to Chauri Lader via Yak Kharka. During the hike, you will have nice view of Annapurna III, Gangapurna , Glacier Dom, Tilicho Peak, Chulu west and Manaslu range etc, overnight at Lodge.
Optional: If you want, it is also possible to extend this trek with Tilicho Lake. It takes only two extra days.
Chauri Lader - Thorong Phedi 4450 m or Thorong High Camp
4925 m, Thorong High Camp 4-5 Hours B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Chauri Lader to Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp depending on your health condition. If you have good sleep in Chauri Lader without any problem, you may continue to Thorong High Camp 4925m, a 4-5 hours walk. If you find it difficult to sleep in Chauri Lader, it is better to stay in Thorong Phedi 4450m, 3 hours walk. The views are amazing during the hike. The trail from Chauri Lader to Thorong Phedi is slowly uphill. From Thorong Phedi to High Camp is a very steep uphill, overnight at Lodge.
Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp - Thorong La 5416m - Muktinath
5416m, Thorong La Pass 7-9 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is one of the hardest days, you will start your hike early in the morning after breakfast. The trail from Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp to Thorong La Pass 5416m is all the way uphill. You will have a nice view of Annapurna Range, Thorong Peak Dhaulagiri Range, Nilgiri, and another mountain view from Thorong La Pass. After taking some photos and seeing the view, you will trek down to Muktinath. The trail from Thorong La Pass to Muktinath is all the way downhill. The trek from Thorong Phedi or Thorong High Camp to Muktinath is around a 7-9 hour walk, overnight at Lodge.
Muktinath - Kagbeni - Jomsom - Tatopani - Pokhara
830 m, Pokhara 10 Hours drive B,L,D Hotel
This morning, you will visit Muktinath Temple. In the temple, there are 108 water taps, two-pound, and natural gas fires. After that, drive down to Pokhara. The drive continues down the world's deepest gorge Kali Gandaki River and then overnight at the Hotel.
Note: From Jomsom, you also have an option to take a flight to Pokhara.
Pokhara - Kathmandu
1340m, Kathmandu 6-7 Hours drive B Hotel
Today, you will drive back to Kathmandu by tourist bus at 7:30 AM (200 km. 6/7 hours driving) and stay overnight at the Hotel in Kathmandu.
There are many flights to Kathmandu from Pokhara every day. You may choose to take a flight to get there. It takes 30 minutes. It is the more convenient way to get to Kathmandu.
- Trekking permit.
- one English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and Trekkers 2:1 porters.
- Kathmandu - Besishahar by tourist bus
- Besishahar- Chame by public Jeep
- Muktinath - Pokhara by public bus or Jeep
- Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus.
- All the meals (10 Breakfast, 10 Lunch, 8 Dinner ) with 8 nights Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guide and porters: all the meals, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, transportation, flight ticket etc.
- First Aids Kit.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter (we use everyday to check your oxygen level and blood pressure in your body to minimize high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-shirt.
- Local fresh fruit like pomegranates and apple etc.
- 1 Night Hotel in Pokhara on BB Plan.
- All the official charges and 13% Government VAT.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotel and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your trekking gears.
- All the drinks such as: tea, coffee, coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
Marlies and Joris
Netherlands., August 23, 2016
Annapurna trek with Harka
In October 2007 we did the Annapurna trek with Harka, which was a fantastic experience. In 20 days Harka guided us from one magnificent place to the other. During the trek Harka provided us with a lot of information about the region and the people we met. Harka’s experience made it a challenging but safe and feasible trek, by keeping the pace to a level that suited our physical condition. In the evening we rested and played many card games with Harka surrounded by the worlds highest peaks, drinking tea and eating cookies. It was an unforgettable experience, which we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
For any further reference please don’t hesitate to contact us via
Netherlands., August 23, 2016
What kind of Foods do we have during the trek?
The Lodges have a Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like city food. Non-veg foods are not recommended. It is not fresh and hygienic.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item has-brown potato, toast or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge, etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam, Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macaroni, Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumplings, Pizza, fried rice, Fried Noodles, French fries, etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam, Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macaroni, Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumplings, Pizza, fried rice, Fried Noodles, French fries, etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, and hard drinks are not included.
When is the best time to do this trek ? How cold is Annapurna circuit?
We organize this trek every day for a whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend the following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is the coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because there will be heavy snow. There is a high chance of closing the trek during this time.
- Spring (March–May): This is the best time to trek on the Manaslu trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperatures. You will also have a chance to see the Rhododendron flowers in the lower part. The minimum temperature will be around -10 Celsius and the Maximum temperature will be around 25 Celsius.
- Summer (June – August): This is a monsoon in Nepal. There is a chance for rain in the lower part but it will be good weather in the upper part of the trek because Manang and Mustang is rain shadow area in Nepal. A rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the rainy season. It will be fresh and clear weather will appear. It will be warm temperature. The minimum temperature will be around -10 Celsius and the Maximum temperature will be around 25 Celsius.
Do you have a packing list for the trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm), scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals, or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks, and underwear (three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and a long-sleeved shirt with a collar (a long-sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sunburn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip balm
- Pocket knife
- Iodine,water-purification tablets, or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight), spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera, memory card, and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick-drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar, etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
Available of the trip
We organise small group private trip. If you are 2 or more people in your group, you may book any dates.
The travel insurance is need in case of any emergency. It is recommend to have. If you are doing short and low elevation trek, you can do normal insurance. But if you are doing high altitude or adventure trek, you should have emergency rescue.
Last Minute booking
Normally, trekkers plan the trip before 3-9 months. Some trekkers decide the trip in last minutes. It is also possible to book your trek at last minutes. For the Last minutes booking, you need to make a full payment.
Tipping is highly expected. Our staffs try their best during the trip. After the trip, Tipping is expected. It is not fixed amount or percentage. We recommend the tipping according to their services.
When you are travelling, the safety is most important. For the safety of our clients, we trained our guide and porters. They are all register trekking / Tour / Climbing guide and experience porters.
Extra personal expenses
For the extra expenses, it is good to bring USD / Euro / Pound Sterling or ther currency. You may change to Nepali Rupees (NPR) at Tribhuwan International Airport or near your Hotel in Kathmandu. You will use only Nepali rupees during the trip.
Accept few countries , you will get on arrival Nepal’s Visa at the Tribhuwan International Airport or Nepal board. I recommend to fill up Nepal Visa online form and bring it with you. It will be faster and easy for you and visa fee is recommended to bring cash US dollar. You can’t pay by using credit card.
Trip extension or Itinerary Disclaimer
We organize small group private trip. The trip extension is possible but you have to figure out when you booking the trip.
Group joing and Fixed departure
Most of the time, we have small group private trip. Group joining or fixed departure will be available only at the clients request.
You are not taking all the lugguage on the trek. You will take only necessary gears on the trek and rest of the gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara or in our office in Kathmandu. All the Hotels have free lagguge store services. It is more convinent to store at your Hotel.
- Ask permission to photograph people.
- Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
- Do not anything to disturb environment or wild animals.
Normally, domestic flight is not on time. If you have international flight with domestic connection flight. It is always better to keep some gaps.
For the Booking, we need passport copy, passport size photo by email or What's App and 20% deposit.
Why Himalaya Trip ?
- Fast response
- Recommended on TripAdvisor
- Trained guide
- Local or reasonable price
- Small group private Trip
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide one twin bed private common room for 2 people. You have to share the Toilet and Bathroom.
The highest point of this trek is Thorang La Pass 5416 m. If you gain the altitude slowly from low elevation to high, that will be much safer for you. The additional time spent in Manang allows trekkers to acclimatize sufficiently to minimize the risk of acute mountain sickness (AMS). Drinking enough water and walking slowly will always help you. Unpredictable weather conditions and avalanches are the major causes behind its riskiness.
After the road construction, we organized 10 days of Annapurna Circuit Trekking. You can make this trek longer or shorter as your available time.
Annapurna Circuit Trekking is one of the most popular trekking destinations in the world. Yeah, the road has been building on this trail. On the whole trek, you will walk on the road about 15% and walk on the trekking trail 85%. It is still worth doing this trek as Annapurna Circuit Trekking is one of the most beautiful.
If you want to include the World's Highest Tilicho Lake 4919 m, you need 2 extra days.
We organize small group treks every day. Everyday is available to book this trek.
Yeah, it is possible to do Short Annapurna Round trekking if you have limited time. You may drive up to Chame and from Muktinath, you may drive back to Pokhara or fly back to Pokhara from Jomsom.
According to this package, we organize this trek at the above price. If you want to add extra days or reduce the days, The Annapurna Round trekking cost will be different.
According to this package, we have an Annapurna Round Trekking itinerary for 16 days. If you have own itinerary in your mind, you may follow it according to your desired itinerary.
The price will be apply same if you are up to 4 people. If you are more than 4 people, you will provide a special discount for Annapurna Round Trekking.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro, Pound Sterling, Nepali currency, etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge an extra 4%.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenience. They are Bank Transfers, Credit card payments, Western Union, etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Himalaya Trip, this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use a bank transfer, I will send it to you by email.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of your passport copy, and passport size photo by email at [email protected] or WhatsApp at +977-9851196388 and deposit 20% of the total amount. We will confirm your booking.
You will take the necessary gear with you on the trek. The remaining gear, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.
If you desire to do this trek only for couples, friends, or family private trek, we will organize a private trek on your desired date. The price will be the same as group joining.
Yeah, you can buy or rent gear in Kathmandu.
You can buy a Nepal NCELL or NTC SIM card on the arrival of the Airport. There is a signal on the trek. You can use it along the trek.
There is no Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
Hot Shower is available on the trek. You can have a shower by paying an extra charge.
Ask permission to photograph people.
Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
There are available natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet or water filter. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water. Annapurna Conservation area project also sells safe drinking water in many villages.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
The highest point of this trek is Thorong La Pass (5416m). We give this trek grade 4. Grade 1 is the easiest and grade 5 is the hardest trek.
Yeah, Internet or WI-FI is available on this trek. But you have to pay to use WI-FI .
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blankets, so you have to take a sleeping bag with you.