5320m Kangla Pass
2 days drive
12 days trekking
3 Nights at Hotel
13 Nights at Lodge
PRICE STARTS FROM
The Nar Phu valley is a trek that combines remote villages of Nar and Phu, narrow canyons, lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, Monasteries, Kang La Pass 5320m and unique Himalayan cultures. You will pass Besishahar, Chamje, Dharapani, Koto, Meta , Kyang, Phu , Nar, Ngawal, Gyaru, Chame villages on this trek.
- Nice Nar , Phu village, Ngawal, Gyaru village
- A adventure Kang La pass
- Beautiful landscape
- Beautiful view of Annapurna Himalayas range
- oldest monasteries and stupas, stone mane walls
- Water falls, suspension bridge
- Rain shadow area
- Less crowed and peaceful area
Nar Phu Valley Trek
Nar Phu Valley trek starts from Chamje after 9 hours driving from Kathmandu. We hike the same trail as Annapurna circuit trek. After arriving at Koto (Nar Phu Valley trek entry point) , we cross the bridge leading over the Marshyangdi River to the steep portals of the Nar Phu valley is easily missed, but although the entrance is narrow and forested, the valley system above opens up to a huge expanse of high snow-peaks, ancient villages, and high altitude grazing settlements. Trekkers until late 2002, very few westerners have explored these virtually untouched villages or climbed the many 7000m peaks surrounding it. We will venture into this remote region of Nar Phu valley. Buddhist pilgrims from around Nepal might accompany us up to Phu to visit the renowned Tashi Lhakhang Gompa and receive a blessing from Lama Karma Sonam Rimpoche. Along with spending plenty of time at these colorful and timeless villages, we explore the high alpine valleys above Phu. The Kang La (5320m) pass is amazing. We may enjoy mountains view like Annapurna II, Gangapurna, Tilicho peak. You will trek down to Chame, Tal, and Chamje from where you can drive back to Kathmandu by public bus. If you have time, you can also continue to Jomsom via Thorong La Pass.
Teahouse or Lodge has been built. You can do camping trek as well as tea house trek. If you do tea house trekking, there is simple accommodation and foods are Nepalese dishes. Teahouse trek is comparatively least cost so that it is affordable most of you.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Permit preparation
Day 03: Drive to Chamje,
Day 04-05: Trekking
Day 06: Nar Phu entry point
Day 07-10: Trekking
Day 11: Acclimatization day
Day 12: The Highest Point 5320m of this trek, Kang La Pass day
Day 13-14: Trekking
Day 15: Trek from Tal to Chamje and drive back to Besishahar
Day 16: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 17: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu
Arriving at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Nar Phu Valley Restricted area trekking permit preparation
We need your original passport with Nepal’s Visa to prepare Nar Phu restricted area permit. After preparing your permit, you will introduce with your guide. Your guide will brief details of this trek.
Drive from Kathmandu – Besishahar -Chamje
1310 meters, Chamje 9 hours drive B,L,D Lodge
This day, you will drive in the morning to Chamje via Besishahar. And then overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Chamje to Dharapani
1920 meters, Dharapani 6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
The day begins with the rocky trail following the Marsyandi River gradually uphill to Tal at 1675m, the first village in the Manang district. We make trails crossing a wide, flat valley. The trail then climbs a stone stairway to 1860m until another stairway. The journey continues ascending and descending to Dharapani at 1890m. There we find a stone entrance Chorten typical of the Tibetan influenced villages from here northwards. And then overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Dharapani to Koto
2600 meters, Koto 5 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
We see the first view of Annapurna II from Bagarchhap. With often rough and rocky ground, the trail climbs to Timang at 2460m; we see beautiful views of Mt. Manaslu (8163m) and many other snowcapped peaks. We then continue through the forest to Thanchok village at 2630m and Koto village. As we reach Chame, the headquarters of the Manang district, we are rewarded by the fine view of Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal. And then overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Koto to Meta
3570 meters), Meta 7 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today we entry-restricted area of Nar phu valley with pack lunch. Following the Nar Khola and Greenland forest. The trail is adventurous with rocky trail and the long walk to Meta. It takes 8 hours walking then stay overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Meta to Kyang
3720 meters, Kyang 4 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today Trek to Kyang and It is 4 hours walk. The trail is gradual up and downhill to Kyang village. And then overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Kyang to Phu Village, Excursion Phu Village, and Monastery.
4050m, Phu 4-5 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today Trek to Phu village and It is 4-5 hours walk via desert area and a Typical local village of Kyang village where people don't live whole months. The trail is gradual up and downhill to Phu village. You can see mountains of Annapurna ranges. Rest of explore the popular Tashi Gompa and around the villages. Then stay overnight at same Lodge.
Trek from Phu Village to Nar Phedi.
3550m, Nar Phedi 6 Hours walk B,L,D Monastery
Today we hike to Nar Phedi. It takes 6 hours walking. Stay overnight at Monastery.
Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar Village
4150 meters, Nar 3-4 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Trek climb up to Nar village. It takes 3-4 hours walking and rest of the explore Nar village then stay overnight at Lodge.
Explore Nar Village.
Visit 4 monasteries of Nar Village then stay overnight at same Lodge.
Trek from Nar - Kang La Pass 5320m-Ngawal (3675meters).
5320m , Kangla Pass 8-9 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is adventurous day and long day hike. So we get up early in the morning and head to Kang La pass. From the pass, you will see Annapurna massif, and Trek down to Ngawal 8/9 hours walking and stay overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Ngawal to Chame
2650 meters, Chame 7 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, we trek back to Chame via Gyaru and Pisang village. It takes 6 hours walk. The trail is up and down. And then overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Chame to Tal
1700 meters, Chamje 6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, we trek back to Chamje via Dharapani and Tal village. It takes 6 hours walk. The trail is all downhill. And then overnight at Lodge.
Trek from Tal to Chamje and drive to Besishahar.
830m, Beshisahar 2 Hours walk and 3 Hours drive B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Tal to Chamje (1310 meters, 2 hours walking) and drive to Besishahar by Jeep/ Bus. And then overnight at selected Hotel in Kathmandu.
Drive from Besishahar to Kathmandu.
1340m, Kathmandu 6 Hours drive B,L Hotel
- This day, you will drive from Besishahar to Kathmandu (6 hours drive), overnight at Hotel.
Departure to your home country.
Final departure to international airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus depending on group size.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu-Chyamje - Kathmandu by public bus.
- All the Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner ) and accommodation during the trek.
- Annapurna Conservation area permits fees and Nar Phu special permits.
- One English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and trekkers 2:1 porters.
- Guide and porters insurance, salary, equipment, food, transportation, and accommodation.
- Local fresh fruit like apple and pomegranates etc.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter (we use everyday to check your oxygen level and blood pressure in your body to avoid high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$30 and 30 Days US$50).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- All the drinks like , tea, coffee, mineral water, Fanta, coke, beer etc.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for staffs
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
When Is The Best Time To Do This Trek?
We organize this trek every day in whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow. There is high chance to closed the trek during this time.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Manaslu trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. But Nar Phu Valley is rain shadow area. It is still good to trek here. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
What Kind Of Foods Do We Expect During The Trek ?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend. It is not fresh and hygienic .
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item has-brown potato, toast or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
How And Where Do We Process Nepal's Visa ?
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you from there. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
Visa Fee required to obtain Tourist Visa from Nepalese diplomatic agencies and entry points:
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Do You Have A Packing List For The Trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip guard
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
We provide one twin bed private common room for 2 people. You have to share Toilet and Bathroom.
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blanket, you have to take sleeping bag with you.
Yeah, Internet or WIFI is not available all the places. But it is available in some places.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
There are available of natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet or use the filter. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water.
Ask permission to photograph people.
Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
Hot Shower is not available all the places. But Some places, you can have a Hot Shower.
There is no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
We also organize single traveler for this trek. But you have to pay single supplement cost.
You have your own sleeping bag, you may bring it with you. If you do not have, we will provide you sleeping bag . Rest of them, you can buy in Kathmandu.
This trek is the restricted area, it requires a Nar Phu Valley Restricted permit issued by Department of Immigration Nepal, Annapurna Conservation Area (ACAP) permit which is arranged by our company and a government certificate holder trekking guide led the group. All the permit are included in the package.
Yeah, we organize Nar Phu Valley Tea house trek. All the places, you will stay at Tea House and the foods at the restaurant in the Lodge.
Yeah, if you want to book your Hotel in Kathmandu on your choice. It is possible to book Nar Phu Valley trek only. The price of Hotel will be reduce. And if you book Nar Phu Valley Trek only, It will be 14 days Nar Phu Valley Trek.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of passport copy, passport size photo by email or WhatsApp +977-9851196388 and deposit 25% of total amount. We will confirm your booking.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenient. They are Bank Transfer, Credit card payment, Western union etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Nepal Hidden Treks , this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use bank transfer, I will send it you by email.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro, Pound sterling, Nepali currency etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge extra 4%.
If you are more than 2 people, we organize private trek at your desire date. The price will be same as group joining.
If you are interested to take private Jeep instead of taking public bus. You have option for this. You may take this service by paying additional cost. Kathmandu- Chamje private Jeep cost US$250 per Jeep one way.
You will take necessary gears with you on the trek. The remaining gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.