- 1 Day Drive
- 17 days trek
- 1 Day 35 minutes flight
- March to May
- September to November
- 20 Breakfast
- 18 Lunchs
- 18 Dinner
- 2 Nights Hotel
- 18 Nights at Lodge
- Private car, Jeep, public bus
PRICE STARTS FROM
Jiri Everest base camp (5364m) trek Starts with 8-9 hours drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya via Jiri (1955m/6414feet).The route first used by the early expedition’s team to climb Everest from the Nepalese side. The trail from Jiri to Phakding is less crowded and peaceful.
- Deurali , Nice valley view and Himalayas
- Lamjura Pass , Highest pass below Lukla
- Namche Bazar, Sherpa Capital
- Syangboche, Best View point Mt. Everest and other Himalayas view.
- Tengboche, Biggest Monastery in Khumbu region and Mt. Everest
- Everest Base Camp, Close view of Khumbu Icefall
- Kalapather , Close view of Mt. Everest and Himalayas
- Lukla , Gate way to Everest region
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek start from Jiri, the route passes Sherpa culture , flora and fauna, Himalayas View, many beautiful Buddhist monasteries. This trek passes nice villages with exotic monasteries in Junbensi (2675m) and Thupten Chholing Gompa. Khartung which offers the first view of Everest (8848m) and host of other peaks like Thamserku (6608m.), Kangeta (6779m.) and Mera Peak (6654m.). There are interesting passes such as Lamjura pass (3530m), Taksindo pass (3071m) which gradual making it easier to acclimatize. The trail will train you because you hike every day up and down a lot. From Namche, we trek along a high traversing path where we have good views of Everest and then head towards Tengboche Monastery (3867m/ 12687 feet) in a clearing surrounded by rhododendrons forest. The monastery is structurally located on a ridge top with commanding views of the Everest landscape. The view from this spot, seen to best advantage in the morning, is absolutely thrilling and stunning view of Everest (8848m/29029 feet) and others mountains. We then descend to the Imja Khola and continue to the villages of Pangboche (3930m) and Pheriche (4200m) or Dingboche (4358m) before finally approaching the Kalapather (5550m.).
We then follow the glacier, first to Lobuche. The views are spectacular as we continue ascending to Gorak Shep (5100m) for a breather. We trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17598 feet) will give you the chance to have a closer look at the spectacular Khumbu Icefall.We also have the opportunity to ascend KalaPattar (5550m/19209 feet) from where we can get awesome views of Everest (8848m/29029 feet), Lhotse (8516m/27940 feet), Ama Dablam (6814m/22356 feet), Nuptse (7864m/25801 feet), Pumori (7165m/23507 feet) and others Himalayas. You soon realize it was absolutely worth it. We then trek down by making our way back down to Lukla.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Shivalaya,
Day 03-10: Trekking
Day 11: Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar
Day 12-13 : Trekking
Day 14 : Acclimatization day in Dingboche
Day 15: Trekking
Day 16 : Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep and Hike to Everest Base Camp
Day 17: Hike to Kalapather for close view Mt. Everest and trek back to Pheriche
Day 18-19 : Trekking
Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 21: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
1340m, Kathmandu Hotel
Our representative will hold “Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition P. Ltd “board on the arrival of the Airport. Please, kindly look this board. After your Arrival in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet my staff then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Kathmandu-Jiri-Shivalaya 1767 m
1767m, Shivalaya 8-9 hours drive B,L,D Lodge
Our guide and porter will come to pick you at your Hotel early in the morning and then take a taxi to Bus station. You will drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya via Jiri by Express public bus. The road is up and down most of the day. The bus will stop for lunch break on the way. You will experience the Nepali lifestyle. The public normally play load music on the bus to entertain the passengers. If you want to avoid the music, earplug is recommended. And then overnight at Lodge.
Option: You have an option to take a Private Jeep if you are looking to drive more comfortable and luxury.
Shivalaya-Bhandar 2000 m
2000m, Bhandar 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After the breakfast, your guide will check in your permit at the Check Post. You will start the trek from Shivalaya to Bhandar. The trail is all the way uphill from Shivalaya to Deurali Pass. You will have a nice view from Deurali. From Deurali, you will walk down to Bhandar and then overnight at Lodge.
Bhandar-Sete 2500 m
2500m, Sete 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After the breakfast, you will start the trek from Bhandar to Sete. The trail is all the way downhill to Kinja which is near the river. Kinja is nice village for Lunch place. If you are lucky, you may have fresh fish from the river for lunch. After Lunch, you will trek uphill to Sete. In a clear day, you will have a nice of Numbur Himal when you trek uphill from Kinja to Sete and then overnight at Lodge.
Sete-Junbesi 2675 m
3530M, Lamjura pass 7-8 hours B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will Trek from Sete to Junbesi. The trail is all the way uphill to Lamjura Pass 3530m. There are many passes in the trail. Lamjura pass is one of the highest pass below Lukla. You will have nice view Numbur and Himalayas view. After the Lamjura Pass, the trail is downhill to Junbesi and then overnight at Lodge.
Junbesi-Nunthala 2345 m
2345m, Nunthala 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
You will have breakfast at usual time. Today, you will trek from Junbesi to Nunthala. When you walk little bit further from Junbesi, you will have a first view of Mt. Everest in a clear day. The trail is slowly up and down hill from Junbesi to Ringmo. From Ringmo, the trail is uphill to Taksindo Pass 2960 m. From Taksindo, the trail is down hill to Nunthala and then overnight at Lodge.
Note: If you add one extra day, you have option to visit Thupten Choling Monastery. If you are lucky, you have chance to see Kyabje Trulshik Rinpoche. You may hike from Junbesi to Thupten Choling Monastery and back to Junbesi for overnight.
Nunthala-Kharikhola 2194 m
2194m, Kharikhola 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
You will finish your breakfast at usual time. Today, you will trek from Nunthala to Kharikhola. The trail is down hill to Dudh Koshi River from Nunthala. After crossing the suspension bridge in Dudh Koshi River, the trail is uphill to Kharikhola. Khorikhola is nice Sherpa village. Most of them are Sherpa people. The Sherpa men from this village involve in Everest Expedition and mountaineering activities and women run Lodges here. And then overnight at Lodge.
2890m, Paiya 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
You will have breakfast at usual time. Today, you will trek from Kharikhola to Paiya .The trail is mostly uphill to Paiya. You will pass Bupsa village. After that, you will walk on the Jungle. The trail is peaceful and green hill scenery and then overnight at Lodge in Paiya.
Paiya-Phakding 2610 m
2610m, Phakding 6-7 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After breakfast, you will trek from Paiya to Phakding (2610m). After , little bit further walking from Paiya, you will the view of Lukla village and Airport. If it is clear weather , you will see planes landing and takeoff from Lukla airport. You will continue the trek down to Surkey. Surkey is below Lukla. From Surkey, the trek is uphill to Chheplung. Now, we are connected to Lukla Everest Base Camp Trek main trail. We continue trek to Phadking and then overnight at Lodge.
Phakding-Namche Bazar 3440 m
3440m, Namche 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After the breakfast, you will start the trek. Today, you will trek from Phakding to Namche. During the trek, you will pass Tok Tok, Banker, Monjo, Jorsalle village and a view of Thamserku, Konde and first View of Mt. Everest. The trail from Phadking to Jorsalle is up and down. The Monjo is the national park check point. Your guide will check in your National Park permit. From Jorsalle, you will trek all the way up to Namche Bazar. You will have another view Mt. Everest when you reach near Namche. Namche Bazar is biggest down in Everest Region, overnight at Lodge.
3880m, Everest View Hotel 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is acclimatization day; you will hike up to Syangboche, Everest View Hotel (3780m) and Khumjung village. The Himalayas views including Thamserku, Mt.Everest (world highest peak), Mt. Lhotse, Konde, Kangtega, Ama Dablam, Tawoche are excellent from Everest view Hotel. You will have a Lunch in Khumjung village and walk back to Namche, overnight at same place. It takes 4-5 hours walk. In the afternoon, you may walk around Namche Bazar. Namche Bazar has Bakary, Bars, Money exchange, Banks, ATM, Trekking gear shops, Monastery, Sherpa Museum, National Park Museum etc. If you reach in Namche on Saturday, you have chances to see Saturday Market in Namche. Every Saturday is market day in Namche.
Namche-Tengboche 3867 m
3860m, Tengboche 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
You will start the trek as usual time after the breakfast. Today, you will trek from Namche to Tengboche. The trek starts with climbing up to the Top of the town. From the top of the town, you will have nice and flat trail to Kyangjuma (3550m). From Kyangjuma, you will walk down to Phunki Tenga. Phunki Tenga to Tengboche is all the way up to Tengboche (3860m). You will have nice Mountain View including Mt. Everest, overnight at Lodge. The Monastery will open and pray every afternoon at 3:00PM.You may go and have a look at this time.
Tengboche-Dingboche 4358 m
4410m, Dingboche 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
In a clear morning, you will have nice view of Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse, Nuptse etc. After nice view, you will have breakfast and start the trek. At the beginning, you will trek down to Diboche. From Diboche to Dingboche is nice trail which is slowly up via Pangboche and Shomare. You will trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m). The view is beautiful during the hike. You will see Mt. Ama Dablam very close, overnight at Lodge.
4950m, Nangkar Tshang Peak 3 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is another acclimatization day. This day, you will climb to 400m to 500m Nangkar Tshang Peak. This climbing is very step up. You will have nice view of Ama Dablam, Cholatse, Thamserku, Towache, Kangtega etc. view from this Peak. This climbing help to acclimatize your body. You will come back to Dingboche for Lunch. After that, take a rest, overnight at same place.
Dingboche-Lobuche 4910 m
4910m , Lobuche 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m). The trail from Dingboche to Thokla or Dughla is nice and easy. From Thokla, you need to climb up to Lobuche. The hike is around 5 hours, overnight at Lodge. In the afternoon, you will explore around Khumbu glacier or Italian Pyramid.
Lobuche-Gorak Shep 5140m -Everest Base Camp 5364 m
5364m, Everest Base Camp 7-8 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
This day, you will trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5140m). The trail is slowly up to Gharak Shep. It takes 3 hours walking. You will check in Lodge and then you will have a lunch. After the lunch, hike to Everest Base Camp. You will explore Everest Base Camp (5364m, 5hour walking). You will have nice and close view of Khumbu glacier and then come back to Gorak Shep and overnight at Lodge.
Ghorak Shep-Kalapather-Pheriche 4240 m
5550m, Kalapather 7-8 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Early in the morning, you will ascend to Kalapather (5550m). It will take 2 hours to climb and 1 hour to come down. You will have closed view of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Pumori and other mountains view. After the nice view, you will trek down to Gorak Shep for Breakfast. After that, you will trek down to Pheriche (4240m). The trail is all the way down from Ghorak Shep , Lobuche, Thokla to Pheriche, overnight at Lodge.
Pheriche-Namche 3440 m
3440m, Namche 6-7 hours B,L,D Lodge
This day, you will trek from Pheriche to Namche. The trail is all the way downhill from Pheriche, Shomare, Pangboche, Tengboche, Phunki tenga, Kyangjuma to Namche. You will have nice view even on the way. Overnight at Lodge.
Namche-Lukla 2828 m
2810m, Lukla 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
This day, you Trek from Namche to Lukla (2810m). The trail is all the way down from Namche to Jorsalle. From Jorsalle, Monjo, Benkar, Tok Tok, Phakding, Ghat, Chheplung, the trail is up and down to Lukla, overnight at Lodge.
Lukla-Kathmandu 1350 m
1340m, Kathmandu 35 Minutes B Hotel
This morning, you will take a flight early in the morning from Lukla to Kathmandu (35 minutes). You will check in at your Hotel. In the afternoon, you will have free and shopping time for friends and family, overnight at selected Hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure to international airport.
Final departure to international airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus depending on group size.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Gaurishankar Conservation Area, Sagarmatha National park permits and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entrance fee.
- One English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and Trekkers 2:1 porter.
- Hotel to Bus Park by car and Local bus to Shivalaya.
- One way flight tickets Lukla to Kathmandu with Airport departure tax.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guide's; porter's food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter, we use every day to check your oxygen level and pulse in your body to minimize high risk.
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fee (15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include emergency rescue.
- All the drinks like tea, coffee, Coke, Fanta, mineral water, boiled water, hot shower, battery charge etc.
- Tips for guide and porters.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
How And Where Do We Get Nepal's Visa ?
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you from there. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with the passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations isn’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days. However, Indian nationals do not require the visa to enter into Nepal.
Do You Have A Packing List For The Trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip bal
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items,cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
What Kind Of Foods Do We Expect During The Trek ?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend. It is not hygienic.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item hasbrown potato, toast or Gurung or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
When Is The Best Time To Do This Trek?
We organize this trek every day in whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Jiri Everest Base Camp trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature. You will also have chances to see the Rhododendron flowers.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. There is chances of raining every day and it will be cloudy. There is chances to cancel the flight. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have small group private trek. You can book any dates.
We provide one twin bed private common room for 2 people sharing basis. You have to share Toilet and Bathroom.
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blanket, you have to take sleeping bag with you. We will provide sleeping bag for you.
Yeah, Most of the Places have Internet or WIFI on this trek. But you have to pay to use WIFI.
The highest point of this trek is Kalapather (5550m) and Everest Base Camp (5368m) . We give this trek grade 4. Grade 1 is easiest and grade 5 is hardest trek.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
There are available of natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water.
Ask permission to photograph people.
Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
Hot Shower is available on the trek. You can have shower by paying extra charge.
There is no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
We also organize single traveler for this trek. But you have to pay single supplement cost.
You can buy Nepal NCELL or NTC Sim Card on the arrival of Airport. You can use it on the way to Mount Everest Base Camp.
March to May and September to November is the best time to do this treK. But we organize this trek all the months.
We provide sleeping bag. You can buy rest trekking gears in Kathmandu.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of passport copy, passport size photo by email or WhatsApp +977-9851196388 and deposit 25% of total amount. We will confirm your booking.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenient. They are Bank Transfer, Credit card payment, Western union etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Nepal Hidden Treks , this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use bank transfer, I will send it you by email.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro , Pound Sterling, Nepali currency etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge extra 4%.
After the main highlights Kalapather and Everest Base Camp trek, you have a option to take a Helicopter back to Lukla from Everest Base Camp. This will be extra activities of the trek with amazing experience. If you want, you have this choice on the way back with extra cost.
You will take necessary gears with you on the trek. The remaining gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.
If you desire to do this trek only couples, friends, family private trek, we will organize private trek at your desire date. The price will be same as group joining.