Jiri Everest base camp (5364m) trek Starts with 9/10 hours drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya via Jiri (1955m/6414feet).The route first used by the early expedition’s team to climb Everest from the Nepalese side.
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek start from Jiri, the route passes Sherpa culture , flora and fauna, Himalayas View, many beautiful Buddhist monasteries. This trek passes nice villages with exotic monasteries in Junbensi (2675m) and Thupten Chholing Gompa. Khartung which offers the first view of Everest (8848m) and host of other peaks like Thamserku (6608m.), Kangeta (6779m.) and Mera Peak (6654m.). There are interesting passes such as Lamjura pass (3530m), Taksindo pass (3071m) which gradual making it easier to acclimatize. The trail will train you because you hike every day up and down a lot. From Namche, we trek along a high traversing path where we have good views of Everest and then head towards Tengboche Monastery (3867m/ 12687 feet) in a clearing surrounded by rhododendrons forest. The monastery is structurally located on a ridge top with commanding views of the Everest landscape. The view from this spot, seen to best advantage in the morning, is absolutely thrilling and stunning view of Everest (8848m/29029 feet) and others mountains. We then descend to the Imja Khola and continue to the villages of Pangboche (3930m) and Pheriche (4200m) or Dingboche (4358m) before finally approaching the Kalapather (5550m.). We then follow the glacier, first to Lobuche. The views are spectacular as we continue ascending to Gorak Shep (5100m) for a breather. We trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m/17598 feet) will give you the chance to have a closer look at the spectacular Khumbu Icefall.We also have the opportunity to ascend KalaPattar (5550m/19209 feet) from where we can get awesome views of Everest (8848m/29029 feet), Lhotse (8516m/27940 feet), Ama Dablam (6814m/22356 feet), Nuptse (7864m/25801 feet), Pumori (7165m/23507 feet) and others Himalayas. You soon realize it was absolutely worth it. We then trek down by making our way back down to Lukla.
Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights
- Deurali , Nice valley view and Himalayas
- Lamjura Pass , Highest pass below Lukla
- Namche Bazar, Sherpa Capital
- Syangboche, Best View point Mt. Everest and other Himalayas view.
- Tengboche, Biggest Monastery in Khumbu region and Mt. Everest
- Everest Base Camp, Close view of Khumbu Icefall
- Kalapather , Close view of Mt. Everest and Himalayas
- Lukla , Gate way to Everest region
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Shivalaya,
Day 03-19: Trekking
Day 20: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 21: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded ?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus depending on group size.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Gaurishankar Conservation Area , Sagarmatha National park permits and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- One English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and Trekkers 2:1 porters.
- Hotel to Bus Park by car and Local bus to Shivalaya.
- One way flight tickets Lukla to kathmandu with Airport departure tax.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during trek.
- Guide's; porter's food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Duffel Bag .
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter , we use everyday to check your oxygen level and blood pressure in your body to minimize high risk.
- Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition T-short.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fee (15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include emergency rescue.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, boiled water, hot shower, battery charge etc.
- Tips for guide and porters.