Sarangkot Australian Camp Dhampus trek is one night two days trek or best sunrise and sunset trek around Pokhara with beautiful Himalayas view Annapurna range, Dhauligiri range, Machhapuchhre and green hills, terraces and the beautiful view of Pokhara valley. Sarangkot hill, Austrailian Camp and Dhampus village are the major attraction of this trek.
- Sarangkot Hill for Sunrise Himalayas view
- Australian Camp the best spot for Himalayas view with sunrise and sunset.
- Dhampus is another nice village with Himalayas view
- Nice rice terrace
- Pokhara city view
Sarangkot Australian Camp Dhampus Trek
We come to pick you up from your Hotel in Pokhara for an amazing Sarangkot Australian Camp Dhampus Trek. A 40-minute drive to Sarangkot Hill (1565m). This hill sits north of Pokhara overlooking the valley and Fewa Lake. Sarangkot is a beautiful hill best known for its sunrise, where on a clear day you can see an unobstructed view of the Himalayan Mountains of Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri range, Fishtail, and also beautiful green hills, terraces of rice, and the beautiful view of Pokhara valley. After the amazing view, we have breakfast in Sarangkot.
Next, we hike to Australian Camp (2055m). It takes about 5 hours of hiking to get there. During this hike, we may see mountain views and local villages, local people, and way of lifestyle. The terrace of rice is wonderful. Australian Camp is a beautiful village best known for its sunrise, sunset, and view of the Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre, and beautiful green hills.
The journey from Australian Camp to Dhampus village is a nice trail. We walk through the jungle from Australian Camp to Dhampus (1694m) and in the background, you will see the Himalayas view. From Dhampus village, you walk stone steps down to Phedi. Drive from Phedi to your Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 01: Pokhara - Sarangkot - Naudanda - Kande - Australian Camp
Day 02: Australian Camp - Dampus - Phedi - Pokhara
Early in the morning, drive to Sarangkot. You will enjoy the view of sunrise and the Himalayas View. Trek from Sarangkot to Australian Camp. It is about 5-6 hours walking. In the evening, you will see the nice sunset from Australian Camp, Overnight at the Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with accommodation included).
We get up in the morning to see the sunrise and the beautiful Himalayas view. After that, we have breakfast at the Lodge; and hike down from Australian Camp to Phedi via Dhampus village. The trail is down from Australian Camp to Phedi and drives back to your Hotel in Pokhara (Breakfast included).
- All the meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)tea/coffee.
- Lodge accommodation in Australian Camp.
- one English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide.
- Sarangkot Entrance fee.
- Your Hotel-Sarangkot and Phedi-Your Hotel by private Car/Van/Bus.
- Trekking guide: Salary, Foods, Insurance, transportation, Accommodation etc.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- All the drinks such as coke, beer, mineral water etc.
- Tips for trekking guide.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
How do we get Pokhara from Kathmandu ?
There are 3 options to get Pokhara.
- Tourist Bus US$10 Per Person: Tourist Bus leaves every day from Kathmandu to Pokhara by 7:00 am in the morning from Kantipath. It takes around 7 hours. The Tourist Bus leaves at 7:30 am from Pokhara.
- Private Car US$100/ Jeep US$150/ Van US$200: You can take private Car/ Jeep / Van depending on your group size. If you hire a private vehicle, it will be more flexible.
- By Flight: There are many flights to Pokhara from Kathmandu every day. You may choose to take a flight to get there. It takes 25 minutes from Kathmandu. It is the more convenient way to get to Pokhara. It cost US$100 per person one way.
This trek is not far away from the city. You do not need
special gears. I recommend, Hiking shoes, day bag for hiking, Trousers, Socks, light
jacket, T-shirts and long-sleeved shirt, Toilet Paper, Quick- drying towel, sun
Available of the trip
We organise small group private trip. If you are 2 or more people in your group, you may book any dates.
The travel insurance is need in case of any emergency. It is recommend to have. If you are doing short and low elevation trek, you can do normal insurance. But if you are doing high altitude or adventure trek, you should have emergency rescue.
Last Minute booking
Normally, trekkers plan the trip before 3-9 months. Some trekkers decide the trip in last minutes. It is also possible to book your trek at last minutes. For the Last minutes booking, you need to make a full payment.
Tipping is highly expected. Our staffs try their best during the trip. After the trip, Tipping is expected. It is not fixed amount or percentage. We recommend the tipping according to their services.
When you are travelling, the safety is most important. For the safety of our clients, we trained our guide and porters. They are all register trekking / Tour / Climbing guide and experience porters.
Extra personal expenses
For the extra expenses, it is good to bring USD / Euro / Pound Sterling or ther currency. You may change to Nepali Rupees (NPR) at Tribhuwan International Airport or near your Hotel in Kathmandu. You will use only Nepali rupees during the trip.
Accept few countries , you will get on arrival Nepal’s Visa at the Tribhuwan International Airport or Nepal board. I recommend to fill up Nepal Visa online form and bring it with you. It will be faster and easy for you and visa fee is recommended to bring cash US dollar. You can’t pay by using credit card.
Trip extension or Itinerary Disclaimer
We organize small group private trip. The trip extension is possible but you have to figure out when you booking the trip.
Group joing and Fixed departure
Most of the time, we have small group private trip. Group joining or fixed departure will be available only at the clients request.
You are not taking all the lugguage on the trek. You will take only necessary gears on the trek and rest of the gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara or in our office in Kathmandu. All the Hotels have free lagguge store services. It is more convinent to store at your Hotel.
- Ask permission to photograph people.
- Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
- Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
- Do not anything to disturb environment or wild animals.
Normally, domestic flight is not on time. If you have international flight with domestic connection flight. It is always better to keep some gaps.
For the Booking, we need passport copy, passport size photo by email or What's App and 20% deposit.
Why Himalaya Trip ?
- Fast response
- Recommended on TripAdvisor
- Trained guide
- Local or reasonable price
- Small group private Trip
Frequently Asked Questions
September to May is the best time to do this trek. But we organize this trek all the months.
Yeah, there is a Hot Shower in your private Bathroom.
Yeah, there is Electricity.
No, you do not need a sleeping bag. We provide clean blankets at the Lodge.
We provide one twin bed private room with attached bathroom with Hot Shower for 2 people.