Poonhill trek is a short and relatively easy trek into the Annapurna region. This trek is suitable for those who do not have much time to spend and old people with a burning desire to observe the beauty of snow-capped mountains. Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition organize this trek in 4 days from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Poonhill trek starts from Nayapul after one and half hour drive from Pokhara. This trek passes beautiful villages of Ulleri, Ghorepani and Ghandruk. You will enjoy trek in the spectacular mountain scenery through delightful villages inhabited by Gurungs and Magars. Around every corner is an exciting glance of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be open to you as you reach the high points of your trek. The view point on Poonhill (3210m.) offers the best view of mountains and sunrise. Dense rhododendron forests full of birds and imaging valleys make your trip more enjoyable. Mt. Dhaulagiri ranges and Mt. Annapurna (I) as well as others higher mountains including Annapurna south, Annapurna II,III,IV, Gangapurna, Lamjung Himal, Barasikhar, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Hiunchuli, and Manaslu ranges will view from this trek. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits, the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. Anyone who loves nature and beautiful landscape will never forget this astounding experience. The trek can be lengthened and shortened according to the time you have.
Poon Hill Trek Highlights
- Best Sunrise and Himalayas View , Poonhill
- One of the Biggest Ghandruk Gurung village and Ulleri Magar Village
- View of Dhaulagiri (8167M,) Manaslu (8163m,) and Annapurna I (8091m) and others Himalayas.
- Small villages Birethati ,Hile, Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani, Tadapani
- Waterfall, Rice Terrace
- Easy and Short trek in Annapurna region
Trek Starting Point: Kathmandu or Pokhara
Option I: If you start Poonhill trek from Pokhara, you will drive from your Hotel in Pokhara to Nayapul and start the trek.
Option II: If you start Poonhill trek from Kathmandu, you will take an early (first) flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Nayapul then start the trek in same day.
Duration of Trek: 3 Days or 4 Days or 5 days
Option I: If you desire to do this trek in 3 days trek in Poonhill, your trek start from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani Poonhill and then same way back to Hile. From Hile , drive to back to Pokhara.
Option II: Poonhill trek in 4 days , you start trek from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani, Poonhill and then another route to Nayapul via Tadapani and Ghandruk village.
Option III: Poonhill trek in 5 days , you start trek from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani, Poonhill ,Ghandruk , Tolka and then Dhampus village.
Day 01: Kathmandu or Pokhara - Nayapul- Ulleri (1960m, 6-7 hours) , overnight at Lodge.
Day 02: Ulleri-Ghorepani (2874m, 5-6 hours) , overnight at Lodge
Day 03: Ghorepani-Poonhill-Tadapani-Ghandruk (1939m, 7-8 hours), overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Ghandruk-Kimche-Nayapur-Pokhara or Kathmandu (4-5 hours), overnight at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Annapurna Conservation area project (ACAP) Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Pokhara - Nayapul and Kimche - Pokhara by public bus or private Car/ Jeep/Van.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition T-short.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu by flight/ Tourist bus/ Private Car ( We arrange if you ask )
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.
This is short and easy trek in Annapurna Region. You do not need any special gears.
I recommend you , Hiking shoes, Trousers, Socks ,warm jacket, T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt, Sunscreen (SPF 20+) , Back pack, Torch (flashlight),Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries) ,Quick- drying towel.
US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
US $ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days. However, Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
How do we get Pokhara from Kathmandu ?
There are 3 options to get Pokhara.
Tourist Bus: Tourist Bus leave everyday from Kathmandu to Pokhara by 7:00am in the morning from Kantipath. It takes around 7 hours. The Tourist Bus leave at 7:30am from Pokhara. It cost US$8 per person.
Private Car US$100/ Jeep US$150/ Van US$195: You can take private Car/ Jeep / Van depending on your group size. If you hire private vehicle, it will be more flexible.
By Flight: There are many flights to Pokhara from Kathmandu every day. You may choose to take a flight to get there. It takes 30 minutes from Kathmandu. It is the more convenient way to get to Pokhara. It cost US$121 per person one way.