4 Days Trekking
September to May
3 Breakfast, 4 Lunch, 3 Dinner
3 Nights at Lodge
Taxi or Jeep or Van or Bus
Poonhill trek is a short and relatively easy trek into the Annapurna region. This trek is suitable for those who do not have much time to spend with a burning desire to observe the beauty of snow-capped mountains. Himalaya Trip organize 2-5 days Ghorepani Poonhill Trek from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Best Sunrise and Himalayas View, Poonhill 3210m
- One of the Biggest Ghandruk Gurung village and Ulleri Magar Village
- Scenic View of Dhaulagiri (8167M,) Manaslu (8163m,) and Annapurna I (8091m) and others Himalayas.
- Small villages Birethati, Hile, Tikhedhunga, Ghorepani, Tadapani
- Waterfall, Rice Terrace, Suspension bridges
- Easy and Short trek in Annapurna region
- Rhododendron flowers in February , March and April
- Deurali pass, Tadapani Hill for the best spot of Beautiful Himalayas Views.
- Good opportunity to observe Gurung , Magar and other people life style and culture
- Peaceful jungle walk from Banthati - Ghorepani - Tadapani - Ghandruk
4 Days Poonhill Trek From Kathmandu or Pokhara
Poonhill trek starts from Birethanti after one and half hour drive from Pokhara. This trek passes beautiful villages of Birethanti, Hile, Ulleri, Ghorepani, Tadapani and Ghandruk. You will enjoy the trek in the spectacular mountain scenery through delightful villages inhabited by Gurungs and Magars. Around every corner is an exciting glance of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be open to you as you reach the high points of your trek. The viewpoint on Poonhill (3210m.) offers the best view of mountains and sunrise. Dense rhododendron forests full of birds and imaging valleys make your trip more enjoyable. Mt. Dhaulagiri ranges, Mt. Annapurna I, Annapurna south, Annapurna II, III, IV, Gangapurna, Lamjung Himal, Barasikhar, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Hiunchuli, and Manaslu ranges will view from this trek. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits, the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. Anyone who loves nature and beautiful landscape will never forget this astounding experience. The trek can be lengthened and shortened according to the time you have.
This trek can be done in 4 days from Kathmandu :If you take both ways flight for Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu, you can finish this trek in 4 Days from Kathmandu.
Duration of Trek: 2-5 days Poonhill Trek
2 Days Poonhill trek US$229 per person , your trek start from Ulleri , trek to Ghorepani, Next morning, you climb to Poonhill for sunrise, Himalayas view and then same way back to Ulleri. From Ulleri, drive to back to Pokhara.
3 Days Poonhill trek US$259 Per person , your trek start from Syauli Bazar via Nayapul, trek to Tadapani, Ghorepani, Poonhill and then same way back to Hile. From Hile, drive to back to Pokhara.
4 Days Poonhill trek US$299 Per person , you start trek from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani, Poonhill and then another route to Nayapul via Tadapani and Ghandruk village.
5 Days Poonhill trek US$349 Per person , you start trek from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani, Poonhill, Tadapani, Jhinu Natural Hot Spring , Ghandruk and back to Pokhara.
Note: The porter is optional. If you take a porter, it cost you extra US$80 per porter. You can share a porter between 2-3 people.
We have some other trekking package in Annapurna, they are Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Mardi Himal Trek , Annapurna Round Trek, Upper Mustang Trek, Mohare Danda Khopra Trek and Jomsom Muktinath Trek etc.
Day 01: Kathmandu or Pokhara - Nayapul- Ulleri (1960m, 6-7 hours), overnight at Lodge.
Day 02: Ulleri-Ghorepani (2874m, 5-6 hours), overnight at Lodge
Day 03: Ghorepani-Poonhill-Tadapani-Ghandruk (1939m, 7-8 hours), overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Ghandruk-Syauli Bazar-Nayapul-Pokhara or Kathmandu (4-5 hours), overnight at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Kathmandu or Pokhara - Nayapul -Tikhedunga – Ulleri (village)
1960m Ulleri 2 hours drive, 5-6 hours walk L, D Lodge
After Breakfast at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara, take a private car to Nayapul. If you start trek from Kathmandu, you will take an early flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara then drive to Nayapul. It is about 1:30 hours to get there. We start our trekking from Nayapul. During the hike, we pass many local villages, teahouses, gentle green rolling hills, rivers and local people. After crossing the Tikhedunga Khola on the suspension bridge, the trail begins to climb up quite steeply on a stone staircase that is more than 3200 steps. After climbing the hill we can see Mt. Annapurna south (7219m.) and Hiunchuli (6441m.). Nayapul to Ulleri (1960m, 4-5 hours walking)and then overnight at Lodge
Ulleri– Nangethanti - Ghorepani Deurali
2874m, Ghorepani 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
It is a very pleasant part of the trek. We walk in the jungle most of the day. If you come in the spring you will see a lot of Rhododendron flowers. You have the chance to see many wild birds and animals. You can see a great view of many snow-capped mountains. Ulleri to Ghorepani(2874m, 5hour walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Ghorepani - Poon Hill – Tadapani - Ghandruk
1939m, Ghandruk 8-9 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
We get up early in the morning with warm clothes and climb up Poonhill(3210m.). it is not necessary to take much with us as we return later to collect our main rucksacks. It is about one hour walking to get to Poonhill (3210m). You will see the best sunrise and magnificent view of the Himalayas like Annapurna South, Bahari Shikhar, Hiuchuli, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri ranges, Tukuche peak, Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Lamjung Himal, Mt.Manaslu ranges, Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) and others mountains. After this unforgettable view, we come back to Ghorepani for breakfast. Trek to Ghandruk. The hike starts with quite a steep uphill section to Deurali pass. It is a similar elevation to Poonhill. We will see all the mountains from here as well. After that, we hike down to Tadapani. We continue to hike to Ghandruk through the Baisi Kharka (Buffalo pasture). Ghandruk is one of the biggest villages of Gurung people. There is the Gurung Culture Museum. We can go and see the way of life of the Gurung people. From this village, we can still see views of snow peaks. Ghorepani to Ghandruk (1939m, 6-7 hours walking) and then overnight at Lodge.
Option: If you can't make it all the way to Ghandruk from Ghorepani, you have a choice to stay in Tadapani. If you stay in Tadapani, you will trek to Syauli Bazar on the next day and drive back to Pokhara. You do not need extra day for this option.
Ghandruk - Syauli Bazar - Nayapul - Pokhara or Kathmandu
830m, Pokhara 3 hours walk, 2 hours drive B, L
If it is a clear morning we may see Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre (fishtail) and Annapurna III very close. We have our breakfast with views. This day, we walk to Syauli Bazar from Ghandruk. It takes slowly 2 hours trek. From Syauli Bazar, we 2 hours drive back to Pokhara. Overnight at your Hotel in Pokhara.
Option: You have a choice to walk from Ghandruk to Nayapul ( 4 hours walk ) and from
Nayapul, 2 hours drive back to Pokhara.
- Trekking permit.
- Pokhara - Nayapul and Syauli Bazar or Nayapul - Pokhara by private Taxi / Jeep/Van.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide.
- Guide: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- Duffel Bag if require.
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$30 and 30 Days US$50).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask).
- Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu by flight/ Tourist bus/ Private Car ( We arrange if you ask )
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Tea, Coffee, Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
Pokhara Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Thank you again for organizing the Pokhara Ghorepani Poonhill Trek, it has been an amazing experience and Jay has been a great guide!
I’ll definitely recommend you and your team to any of my friends who might be interested in a trek in Nepal!
4 DAYS POONHILL Trek
4 DAYS POONHILL Trek
Hello Harka, We had an amazing time but struggled alot to walk uphill. Hari was very patient with us.. Bless him. Overall a great experience n we will do another one with friends but will make sure we are more fit 😊
Thanks to you and your team for giving us the opportunity to have such an amazing experience! It was really the best!!
Andrea and I will be more than happy to share our experience and we will recommend your company to every friends that will come to visit Nepal
Once again, thanks for everything
Best, ciao ciao
Alice & Andrea
Trishuli rafting, Chitwan Jungle safari package and Ghorepani Poonhill Ghandruk Trek
We book three activities with Nepal Hidden Treks and the experience was amazing. Harka, the team leader was very friendly. He takes care of us at every moment and we feel very confortable. The same happened with the guides we meet in each activity, they were very nice. I highly reccomend to do a trek in Nepal, we didn’t have lot of days, so we choose the Poon Hill Trek. It was very good, the wheather was so clear that the last day we saw the sunrise in Poon Hill, the view of the Annapurnas was fascinating. Through the route you visit many villages, but the last one, Ghandruk, was the best end point we could had. Hope one day we could repeat and do the Annapurna Circuit…
, January 19, 2017
What foods can we eat?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item hasbrown potato, toast or Gurung or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
What would the day and night time temperature will be? When this the best time to do this trek?
The temperature will depend what time you book this trek. But we organize this trek every day in whole year. Spring ( March - May) and Autumn (September - November) is the best time to do this trek. If you want to see Rhododendron, February - April is the best time. and if you want to walk on the snow at this trek, The Winter ( December - February ) is the best time.
- Winter (December – February): Minimum temperature will be around -5 Celsius and Maximum temperature will be 15 Celsius. The temperature will be little bit cold but it is still nice weather to trek during this time. This is the right time to walk on the snow at this trek.
- Spring (March – May): Minimum temperature will be around +5 Celsius and Maximum temperature will be 30 Celsius. This is the best time to do this trek with clear sky and good temperature. If you want to see the Rhododendron, this is the best time.
- Summer (June – August): Minimum temperature will be around +5 Celsius and Maximum temperature will be 30 Celsius. This is raining season, we still organize this trek during this time. Rain Poncho or Rain Jacket is recommended to bring.
- Autumn (September – November): Minimum temperature will be around 0 Celsius and Maximum temperature will be 25 Celsius. This is another the best time do to this trek. It will be fresh and beautiful weather after the raining season.
How do we get Pokhara from Kathmandu ?
There are 3 options to get Pokhara.
- Tourist Bus: Tourist Bus leave every day from Kathmandu to Pokhara by 7:00 am in the morning from Kantipath. It takes around 7 hours. The Tourist Bus leaves at 7:30 am from Pokhara. It cost US$8 per person for standard tourist bus and US$25 per person for Deluxe tourist bus.
- Private Car US$120/ Jeep US$150/ Van US$200: You can take private Car/ Jeep / Van depending on your group size. If you hire a private vehicle, it will be more flexible.
- By Flight: There are many flights to Pokhara from Kathmandu every day. You may choose to take a flight to get there. It takes 25 minutes from Kathmandu. It is a more convenient way to get to Pokhara. It cost US$100 per person one way.
This is the short and easy trek in Annapurna Region. You do not need any special gears.
I recommend you, Hiking shoes, Trousers, Socks, warm jacket, T-shirts (two or three) and long-sleeved shirt, Sunscreen (SPF 20+), Backpack around 35 liters, Torch (flashlight), Camera, memory card and battery charger( spare batteries), Toilet Paper, Quick- drying towel, warm hat, gloves, thermal underwear , sun glass, spikes etc.
Note: If you are doing this trek in winter ( December - February) , spikes or crampon is recommended. And if you are doing this trek in summer (June - August) , rain poncho or rain jacket is recommended.
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with a passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days. However, Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are more than 2 people, we organize private trek at your desire date. The price will be same as group joining.
The deposit amount is 25% of total US$299 = US$74.75 or US$74 per person. The final balance US$225 per person, you will pay cash Euro/ Pound Sterling/ US dollar/ NPR or other currencies in Kathmandu or Pokhara. Credit card or Bank transfer charge will be extra.
Yeah, it is also possible to store extra luggage in my office while on the trek. It is free of cost.
I prefer the remaining payment cash. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge extra 4%.
If you are budget travel with limited time, you may take a night bus for Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu. If you take a night bus from Kathmandu, you will reach Pokhara in the morning and start the trek on the same day. After the trek, you may take the night bus or afternoon public bus Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Yeah, if you have limited time and not feeling comfortable to take 7 hours bus journey. You can take a early flight from Kathmandu and start the trek after getting and take a late flight to Kathmandu after the trek.
Yeah, we can arrange your flight tickets for Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu. The price will be same if you book directly or through us. If we arrange your flight ticket, it will be easy to rearrange if your flight is cancelled because of bad weather. The flight ticket cost is US$100 per person one way. If you take both ways, it will be US$200 per person.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenient. They are Bank Transfer, Credit card payment, Western union etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link online payment form of Nepal Hidden Treks. This is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use bank transfer, I will send it you by email.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of passport copy, passport size photo by email or WhatsApp and deposit 25% of total amount. We will confirm your booking.
This route is mineral water bottle banded area because of the environment issue. You will buy boiled filter water or safe drinking water during the trek. We recommend bringing water bottle.
This is relatively easy, short and low altitude trek. You do not need to be physically fitness to do this trek.
Poonhill Trek is best spot to see the Rhododendron flowers. March to May is the best season to see the Rhododendrons.
If you are 2 or more people in your group, you can start this trek any dates and possible to do the private trek.
It is also possible to join with a group if the groups are available at your desired date.
We organize this trek everyday. You can book any dates. But If there is one you in the group, we still organize this trek with a guide. The price of the trek is same as group joining. No single supplement cost. The transportation will be public bus for Pokhara to trekking starting point and trekking ending point to Pokhara.
You can buy Nepal NCELL or NTC Sim Card on the arrival of Airport. You can use it all the way.
There is no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
Yeah, there is a toilet and Hot shower in the Lodges. You may have a shower every day. Normally, we provide private room with attached bathroom and Hot Shower. In the peak season, you will have private room with sharing toilet.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
Trekking or walking or Hiking activities will do out of cities. The accommodation is basis compare to City Luxurious Hotel or Resort. The room is basic with single, Double, Triple, Twin Beds etc. There will be Beds with Mattress, Bed cover; Blankets and bathroom are inside the room. Hot Shower is available. You have to bring Toilet paper, Shampoo, Soap and Towel with you. WIFI is available with extra charge.
This trek is short and easy trek in Annapurna region.
Poon Hill Trek can be done from 2 days to 5 days. You may choose according to availabilities.
How many miles is the Poon Hill Trek?
Pokhara is the starting point of Poon Hill. You will start and end the trek in Pokhara.
The Poonhill trek cost depends on the number of days that you choose.
The Standard itinerary of the trek is 4 Days starting and ending in Pokhara. You may redesign according to your desire and available time.
4 days is the standard Itinerary of Poon hill trek. You will start at Birethanti and trek to Hile, Ulleri, Ghorepani, Poonhill , Tadapani, Ghandruk and back to Syauli Bazar and Birethanti.
Poonhill trek can be done in 3 days. You have both route options for you. You can go through Birethanti , Hile , Ulleri , Ghorepani and Poonhill and back to Pokhara same way. Another option is, you will go to Birethanti, Syauli Bazar, Ghandruk, Tadapani, Ghorepani and Poonhill and on the way back, and you will trek down to Ulleri, Hile and Birethanti.
Pokhara is the gate way to Poonhill trek. You may get Pokhara different ways.
Poon hill trek distance
Ghandruk to Poonhill trek