5550m ( Kongma La)
1 Day 30 Minutes flight
16 Days Trekking
2 Nights Hotel
16 Nights Lodge
Everest 3 passes trek is less crowded, unique and Everest high pass trek in Everest region of Nepal, You are doing the best adventure passes Kongma-La Pass (5535m) , Chola-La pass (5420m), Renjo La pass (5360m) and other highlight such as Gokyo Ri (5330m) and Third Lake or Gokyo Tsho , Fourth Lake or Thonak Tsho, Fifth Lake (4990m) or Ngozumba Tsho, Everest Base Camp(5364m) and Kalapather (5550m) during the trek. We design this trek who are physically fitness.
- The highest pass, Kongma la pass 5535m lovely view of Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Lhotse, Cholatse and other peaks.
- The world most popular Everest Base Camp 5364m, attractive view of Everest, Pumori, Nuptse, South cool, Khumbu icefall etc.
- Kalapather 5550m, the close and most beautiful view of Mt. Everest , Pumori and other peaks
- Adventure Cho las pass 5420m to connect Gokyo valley and Everest Base camp route with beautiful Himalayas view on both side.
- Gokyo Ri 5330m, best view point to see world four highest mountain Everest, Lhotse, Makalu , Cho Oyu and other peaks
- The beautiful lakes 4th or 5th or 6th Lakes with closed view of Cho Oyu and Mount Everest view on different angle.
- A challenging Renjo La pass 5360m to connect Gokyo lake and Thame valley with fantastic view of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and other peaks.
- Buddhist Stone walls, Stupas, Chhorten, Manasteries, Sherpa culture, wild animals, birds, flowers, suspension bridge etc.
- Lukla airport, Jorsalle ,Namche Bazar, Syangboche view point, Tengboche, Chhukhung Ri, Island Peak Base Camp, Gorakh shep, Gokyo, Ngozumbaglacier ,Thame Monastery are other attractions of this trek.
Everest 3 passes trek
Everest 3 passes trek Starts at the Lukla (2840m) and follows the Dudh Koshi valley which climbs up to the Sherpa capital of Namche, a bustling bazaar that a junction for trekkers, the local Sherpa and expedition route to the mighty Mt. Everest. All along this part of the trail, its friendly Sherpa people, picturesque villages great variety of culture and traditions, colorful festivals and monasteries. The flora and fauna are other ornaments of the Sagarmatha National Park. Three Passes trek is continuously rewarded with dramatic Himalayas scenes, including four of the world’s eight highest peaks; Cho Oyu (8,201m), Makalu (8,463m), Lhotse (8,516 m) and Everest (8,848m) and other mountains. This is a kind of circuit trek. We ascend all the way to Chhukhung via Tengboche Monastery for Kongma La pass. Khangma- La pass is highest passes in these three passes Trek. The views are excellent from top of Kongma La Pass. After a nice view from the Kongma-La top, the trail descends to Lobuche. From Lobuche, you will trailhead to Everest Base camp and Kalapather. After exploring this imaging place, we cross over Chola-La pass to go to Gokyo valley. An excursion to the fourth Lake (Thonak Tsho) and fifth lake (Ngozumba Tsho) would be an extra attraction in Gokyo Valley from where the views are great. The Ngozumpa Glacier is the largest in the Nepal Himalayas. The Gokyo Ri is considered as the best viewpoint in the entire Everest Region. Renjo la pass provides a lifetime memory of panoramic views of the Everest and others Himalayas range. The Renjo-La Pass route is off the usual beaten track. At the Pass, a great view of the Gokyo lakes on one side, the Rermo Pokhari lakes on the other side, and a numerous of snowy peaks are in the background, which provides an incredible atmosphere. We then trek down by making our way back down to Lukla via Thame.
Note: Due to the air traffic in Kathmandu Airport, All the flight will be operate from Ramechhap to Lukla and Lukla to Ramechhap in the peak season from March, April, May, and October and November. Other time of the year, you will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
If you want to know more package of Everest region, we have Everest Base Camp Trek, Gokyo Lakes Trek, Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes, Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek and Everest View Trek etc.
- The Everest Three Pass trek can be done in both clockwise and anticlockwise manner with the trail separating from Namche Bazaar.
- Due to the air traffic in Kathmandu Airport, All the flight will be operate from Ramechhap to Lukla and Lukla to Ramechhap in the peak season from March, April, May, and October and November. Other time of the year, you will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Fly to Lukla and Trekking
Day 03: Trekking
Day 04: Acclimatization day
Day 05-07: Trekking
Day 08: Acclimatization day ( Hike to Chhukhung Ri or Island Peak Base Camp
Day 09: Kongma La Pass (5535m) day
Day 10: Trekking and Hike to Everest Base Camp (5380m)
Day 11: Climb up to Kalapather (5550m) close view of Mt. Everest.
Day 12: Chola Pass (5420m) Day
Day 13: Trekking
Day 14: Climb up to Gokyo Ri (5330m) and 5th Lake
Day 15: Renjo La pass (5368m) day
Day 16-17: Trekking
Day 18: Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 19: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu
Our representative will hold “Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition P. Ltd “board on the arrival of the Airport. Please, kindly look this board. After your Arrival in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet my staff then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel and free activities in the evening.
Kathmandu - Lukla 2840m - Phakding 2610m
2610m, Phakding 30 Minutes flight and 3-4 hours B,L,D Lodge
Our guide will pick you up from the hotel and drive to the airport. From here, we will be taking a domestic flight of about 30 minutes to the starting point of the trek Lukla. After Landing, we will continue our first part of the Everest BC trek to Phakding. Walking beside the Dudhkoshi river, we will pass small villages and suspension bridges to reach Phakding. Overnight at a lodge in Phakding.
Phakding - Namche 3440m
3440m, Namche Bazar 5-6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After the breakfast, you will start the trek. Today, you will trek from Phakding to Namche. During the trek, you will pass Tok Tok, Banker, Monjo, Jorsalle village and a view of Thamserku, Konde and first View of Mt. Everest. The trail from Phadking to Jorsalle is up and down. The Monjo is the national park check point. Your guide will check in your National Park permit. From Jorsalle, you will trek all the way up to Namche Bazar. You will have another view Mt. Everest when you reach near Namche. Namche Bazar is biggest down in Everest Region, overnight at Lodge.
3880m, Everest View Hotel 4 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is acclimatization day; you will hike up to Syangboche, Everest View Hotel (3780m) and Khumjung village. The Himalayas views including Thamserku, Mt.Everest (world highest peak), Mt. Lhotse, Konde, Kangtega, Ama Dablam, Tawoche are excellent from Everest view Hotel. You will have a Lunch in Khumjung village and walk back to Namche, overnight at same place. It takes 4-5 hours walk. In the afternoon, you may walk around Namche Bazar. Namche Bazar has Bakary, Bars, Money exchange, Banks, ATM, Trekking gear shops, Monastery, Sherpa Museum, National Park Museum etc. If you reach in Namche on Saturday, you have chances to see Saturday Market in Namche. Every Saturday is market day in Namche.
Namche - Tengboche 3860m
3860m, Tengboche 5-6 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
You will start the trek as usual time after the breakfast. Today, you will trek from Namche to Tengboche. The trek starts with climbing up to the Top of the town. From the top of the town, you will have nice and flat trail to Kyangjuma (3550m). From Kyangjuma, you will walk down to Phunki Tenga. Phunki Tenga to Tengboche is all the way up to Tengboche (3860m). You will have nice Mountain View including Mt. Everest, overnight at Lodge. The Monastery will open and pray every afternoon at 3:00PM.You may go and have a look at this time.
Tengboche - Dingboche 4410m
4410m, Dingboche 4-5 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
In a clear morning, you will have nice view of Mt. Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse, Nuptse etc. After nice view, you will have breakfast and start the trek. At the beginning, you will trek down to Diboche. From Diboche to Dingboche is nice trail which is slowly up via Pangboche and Shomare. You will trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m). The view is beautiful during the hike. You will see Mt. Ama Dablam very close, overnight at Lodge.
Dingboche - Chhukhung 4730 m
4730 m, Chhukhung 6-7 Hours B,L,D Lodge
This day, you will climb to 400m to 500m Nangkar Tshang Peak. This climbing is very step uphill. You will have nice view of Ama Dablam, Cholatse, Thamserku, Towache, Kangtega etc. view from this Peak. This climbing help to acclimatize your body. You will come back to Dingboche for Lunch. After that, trek from Dingboche to Chhukhung (4730m,) is 3 hours walking and then overnight at Lodge.
Today is acclimatization or preparation day of First Kongma La Pass. It will be better if you climb little bit further from Chhukhung. You have options for Chhukhung Ri Climb or hike to Island Peak Base Camp or Climb little bit on the Kongma la trail.
Chhukhung - Kongma La Pass 5535m - Lobuche 4910m
5535m, Kongma La Pass 7-8 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
This morning, we will have breakfast and start the trek early. We prepare the pack lunch at the Lodge. The trail is slowly uphill at the beginning. After the while, it is steep uphill to the Top of Kongma La pass 5535m with amazing Himalayas view. You feel very proud when you reach the Kongma La Pass. You will have very nice view from the Top. You will have your pack lunch there. After that, the trail is all the way down hill to Khumbu Glacier. We cross the glacier to reach Lobuche, overnight at Lodge.
Note: If you are feeling well or physically not prepare in Chhukhung, you have an option to reach Lobuche on the Lower route by skipping the Kongma La pass.
Lobuche - Gorakshep 5140m - Everest Base Camp 5364m
5364m, Everest Base Camp 7-8 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
This day, you will trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5140m). The trail is slowly up to Gharak Shep. It takes 3 hours walking. You will check in Lodge and then you will have a lunch. After the lunch, hike to Everest Base Camp. You will explore Everest Base Camp (5364m, 5hour walking). You will have nice and close view of Khumbu glacier and then come back to Gorak Shep and overnight at Lodge.
Gorakshep - Kalapather - Lobuche - Dzongla 4830m
5550m, Kalapather 6-7 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Early in the morning, you will ascend to Kalapather (5550m). It will take 2 hours to climb and 1 hour to come down. You will have closed view of Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Pumori and other mountains view. After the nice view, you will trek down to Gorak Shep for Breakfast. After that, you will trek to Dzongla (4830m). The trail is all the way down from Ghorak Shep , Lobuche. From Lobuche, slowly uphill to Dzongla, and overnight at Lodge.
Dzongla - Chola Pass - Dragnag 4700m
5420m, Cho La Pass 7-8 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will have breakfast early in the morning and start the trek. The trail is all the way uphill to Cho La Pass 5420m (second Pass) which is around 600m climbing from Dzongla. It will take around 3-4 hours to the pass. You will have your pack lunch and Hot water or Tea with Himalayas view. After, the pass, the trail is steep downhill. It is better to walk down slowly. When you walk title bit further, the trail is easier to reach Dragnag. It will take around 3-4 hours to get Dragnag, Overnight at Lodge.
Dragnag - Gokyo 4790m
4790m, Gokyo 3 Hours walk B,L,G Lodge
Today is easy day. You may sleep little bit longer. After the breakfast, you will trek from Dragnag to Gokyo Lake. The trail is nice and easy. You will walk all the way on Ngozumpa Glacier. And overnight at Lodge. In the afternoon, you may explore around Gokyo Lake (Gokyo Tsho) and Ngozumpa Glacier. This Glacier is one of the biggest Glaciers in the area.
Gokyo Ri and 4th and 5th Lake
5330m, Gokyo Ri B,L,D Lodge
This morning, you will hike up to Gokyo Ri (5330m) for the best view of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Pumori, Nuptse and many other mountain with nice view of Gokyo Valley. After that, walk back to Gokyo Lake (4 hours walking). In the afternoon, you option to walk around 4th Lake or Thonak Tsho and 5th Lake or Ngozumba Tsho for another nice and close view of Mt. Cho Oyu or take a rest, overnight at Lodge.
Gokyo - Renjo La Pass 5360 m- Lunden 4210m
5360m, Renjo La Pass 7-8 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Renjo La pass is third Pass or Last pass. We have breakfast early in the morning and prepare the pack lunch. After that, we start the trek. At the beginning, the trail is slowly uphill beside the Gokyo Lake. When we walk little bit further, the trail is steep uphill to Renjo La Pass 5360. After reaching the Renjo La pass, you will have amazing view of Mt. Everest and other Himalayas view with your pack Lunch and Hot Water or Tea. Now, the trail is all the way downhill to Lunde and overnight at Lodge.
Note: If you are exhausted after the Kongma La, EBC, Kalapather, Cho La, Gokyo Ri and 5th Lake, you have option to avoid the Renjo La. You may trek down to Dole. Next day, you will reach in Namche.
Lunde- Thame - Namche 3440m
3440m, Namche 6-7 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
After the Kongma La, Cho La and Renjo La pass successfully, the trek is all the way downhill now. Today, you will trek from Lunden to Namche (3440m,) via Thame. Thame is nice place for Lunch. If you are not too tired, you have option to see the Thame Monastery. This monastery is one of the oldest Monasteries in Khumbu area. The trek continues down to Namche, overnight at Lodge.
Namche - Phakding 2610m - Lukla 2840m
2840m, Lukla 6-7 Hours B,L,D Lodge
This day, you Trek from Namche to Lukla (2810m). The trail is all the way down from Namche to Jorsalle. From Jorsalle, Monjo, Benkar, Tok Tok, Phakding, Ghat, Chheplung, the trail is up and down to Lukla, overnight at Lodge.
Lukla - Kathmandu
1340m, Kathmandu 35 minutes B Hotel
This morning, you will take a flight early in the morning from Lukla to Kathmandu (35 minutes). You will check in at your Hotel. In the afternoon, you will have free and shopping time for friends and family, overnight at selected Hotel in Kathmandu.
Departure to your home
Our company will transfer you international airport in Kathmandu.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus depending on group size.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan two persons sharing basis.
- Sagarmatha National Park fee and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entrance fee.
- One English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and trekkers 2:1 porter.
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu by flight tickets with departure tax.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guide and porters , equipment, meals, salary , accommodation, insurance etc.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local fresh fruit like pomegranates and apple etc.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter (we use every day to check your oxygen level and pulse in your body to avoid high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- All official expenses and 13% Government VAT.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your trekking gears.
- All the drinks such as tea, coffee ,coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
When is the best time to do this trek ?
We organize this trek every day in whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow. The route will be closed.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on EBC trek. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature. You will also have chances to see the Rhododendron flowers.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. There is chances of raining every day and it will be cloudy. There is chances to cancel the flight. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
What foods can we expect during the trek?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend. It is not hygienic.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item hasbrown potato, toast or Gurung or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle, Chicken curry optional), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
How and where can we process the Nepal's Visa?
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you from there. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with the passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations isn’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days. However, Indian nationals do not require the visa to enter into Nepal.
Do you have a packing list for the trek?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip bal
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items,cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: We want to do Everest Base Camp Heli tour from Namche , is that possible combine with this trek ?
Some trekkers desire to see the whole trail of Renjo La Pass,Chola Pass, Khongma La Pass and all the highlights Gokyo Ri, 5th Lake, Everest Base Camp, Kalapather with Himalayas view from Helicopter. You can do Heli tour from Namche with extra cost. This will be the life time experience with amazing Himalayas views and chances to see all the trail where you have been.
Trekking or walking or Hiking activities will do out of cities. The accommodation is basis compare to City Luxurious Hotel or Resort. The room is basic with single, Double, Triple, Twin Beds etc. There will be Beds with Mattress, Bed cover. The bathroom is sharing basis. You have to bring Toilet paper, Shampoo, Soap and Towel with you. WIFI is available with extra charge.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro , Pound Sterling, Nepali currency etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge extra 4%.
You will take necessary gears with you on the trek. The remaining gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenient. They are Bank Transfer, Credit card payment, Western union etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Nepal Hidden Treks , this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use bank transfer, I will send it you by email.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of passport copy, passport size photo by email or WhatsApp +977-9851196388 and deposit 25% of total amount. We will confirm your booking.
If you are more than 2 people, we organize private trek at your desire date. The price will be same as group joining.
You can buy Nepal NCELL or NTC Sim Card on the arrival of Airport. You can use Mount Everest Base Camp side. There is no reception on Gokyo Valley. Everest Link is available to use internet.
There is no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. You have to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
Hot Shower is available on the trek. You can have shower by paying extra charge.
Ask permission to photograph people. Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal. Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
There are available of natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet or using water filter. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water.
The highest point of this trek is Gokyo Ri (5530m), Chola Pass (5368m),Kalapather (5550m) and Everest Base Camp (5368m).We give this trek grade 5. Grade 1 is easiest and grade 5 is hardest trek.
Yeah, Internet or WIFI is available on this trek. But you have to pay to use WIFI .
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blanket, you have to take sleeping bag with you.
If you are alone , you will trek with a guide cum porter at the same price. The guide cum porter will carry your backpack and lead this trek. He also communicate in English. If you take a this option, you can start any dates.