1 Day 35 Minutes flight
14 Days Trekking
2 Nights Hotel
14 Nights Lodge
Everest Base Camp trek via Gokyo Lakes with chola pass is a combination of the Gokyo Lakes (4700m/15420 feet) and Everest Base Camp (5364m/17598 feet) by cross over the Cho-La pass (5368m/17612 feet). Namche Bazaar, Syangboche, Tengboche, Gokyo Ri, 5th Lake, Chola Pass, Everest Base Camp, Kalapather are the major attractions of this trek.
- An adventurous flight experience to Tenzing Hillary Lukla airport.
- Buddhist Mane walls, Matra written stone, Stupas, Chhorten, Monasteries.
- Experience the Sherpa people lifestyle, culture, festival etc.
- Sagarmatha National entry point Jorsalle .
- Namche Bazar a biggest town and Sherpa capital in Khumbu area, Saturday market in every week.
- A nice spot Syangboche, best view point of Everest, Lhotse, Nupste, Tawache, Ama Dablam, Konde, Kusum Kangaru, Thamserku etc.
- Many suspension bridges, Wild animals, Birds, flowers etc.
- The beautiful Gokyo lakes from 1st to 6th Longpunga Tsho, Taujung Tsho, Gokyo Tsho, Thonak Tsho, Ngozumba Tsho, Gyazumba Tsho
- Gokyo Ri 5330m, the best view point of 4 highest mountain Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu and other peaks.
- One of the biggest Ngozumba glaciers
- An adventure pass Cho (Chhugyuma ) la pass 5420m view of Ama Dablam, Cho latse and other peaks.
- The most popular Everest Base Camp 5364m with close view of Khumbu icefall.
- Kalapather 5550m, the nearest view point of Mount Everest and other peaks.
- A biggest monastery in Khumbu area Tengboche Monastery, you may participate in Puja every day at 3pm.
- Combinations of Gokyo valley or lakes via Everest Base Camp with an adventure Cho la pass 5420m.
Everest Base Camp trek via Gokyo Lakes
Everest Base Camp trek via Gokyo Lakes with Chola pass starts after flying to Tenzing Hillary Airport in Lukla (2,828m) from Kathmandu. The Namch Bazaar is a big city of this area. They have market day every Saturday. The mountain views are great from here. After the Namche Bazaar, we ascend Gokyo trail. A visit to Gokyo Ri (5330m) offers magnificent majors mountains Cho Oyu( 8201m), Everest (Sagarmatha) (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463m) ,Nuptse, Amadablam , Pumori and others mountains. We then cross over the Chola-Pass (5368m). Over the Chola-Pass has snow all the time. It is considering as a challenging pass. The trekking is continuously rewarded to Everest base camp and Kalapather (5550m/18209 feet, view point) close view of Everest and other mountains. A visit to Everest Base Camp trek will give you the chance to have a closer look at the spectacular Khumbu Icefall. We trek along a high traversing path where we have good views of Everest and others mountains then head towards down Tengboche Monastery, Namch bazaar and Lukla at Last night.
This trekking in justifiably famous, not only for its proximity to the world’s highest Mt. Everest (8848m) but also for its friendly Sherpa people, picturesque villages great variety of culture and traditions, colorful festivals and monasteries and flora and fauna are other ornaments of the Sagarmatha National Park.
The Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lakes can be done by clock wise or anti-clockwise. We can organize it as your desire and requirement clock wise or anti-clockwise.
We have other trekking option in Everest region, they are Gokyo Lakes Trek , Everest Base Camp Trek , Everest 3 Passes Trek, Everest View Trek and Jiri Everest Base Camp Trek.
Note: Due to the air traffic in Kathmandu Airport, All the flight will be operate from Ramechhap to Lukla and Lukla to Ramechhap in the peak season from March, April, May, and October and November. Other time of the year, you will fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Fly to Lukla and Trekking
Day 03: Trekking
Day 04: Acclimatization day
Day 05-07: Trekking
Day 08: Climb up to Gokyo Ri (5330m) and 5th Lake explore
Day 09-11: Trekking
Day 12: Trekking to Gorak Shep and explore Everest Base Camp (5364m)
Day 13: Climb up to Kalapather (5550m) for close view of Mt. Everest and trek down to Pheriche
Day 14-15: Trekking
Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 17: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
Arriving in Kathmandu
Arriving in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) you will meet with me then transfer to hotel by private vehicles then stay at the Hotel. If you do not have your trekking gears, you will rent or buy in Kathmandu.
2610m, Phakding 35 Minutes Flight, 3 Hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Our guide will come to pick up at your Hotel early in the morning and drive to Domestic Airport in Kathmandu. You will fly to Tenzing Hillary Lukla Airport (2828m, 30 minutes). From Lukla, trek to Phakding. The trail is mostly downhill. You will pass monasteries, Buddhist prayer Stone with Matra written, mane walls, and Chheplung, Ghat villages and view of Kusum Kangaru, Konde and Khumbila etc. You will hike 3 hours today. Phakding is located 2610m elevation, overnight at Lodge.
3440m, Namche Bazar 5-6 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar. The trail from Phakding to Jorsalle is easy. The trail from Jorsalle to Namche is mostly climbing. Monjo is Sagarmatha entry point. Your guide will check in your Permit. When you climb half way from Jorsalle, you will have first view of Mt. Everest and other mountain such as Thamserku, Kangtega, Konde etc. Phakding to Namche takes 5-6 hours walk. Namche Bazar is located at 3440m elevation, Overnight at Lodge.
Acclimatization rest day at same place.
3880m, Everest View Hotel 3-4 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today is acclimatization day. This morning, you will hike up Syangboche, Everest View Hotel and Khumjung village. The Himalayas views including Thamserku, Mt.Everest (world highest peak), Mt. Lhotse, Konde, Kangtega, Ama Dablam, Tawoche are excellent from Everest view Hotel. This round trip will take 4-5 hours walk. In the afternoon, you will take a rest or walk around Namche Bazar.
4230m, Dole 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Namche to Dole. The trail from Namche to Kyanjuma is nice and easy. Trek from Kyanjuma to Mong La is all climbing. You have to trek down to from Mong la to Phortse Tenga and climb up to Dole. The views are great from Kyanjuma and Mong-La and if you are lucky, you have chance to see wild animal musk deer. The trek from Namche to Dole is 6-7 hours walk. Dole is located at 4230m elevation. , overnight at Lodge.
4470m, Machhermo 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Dole to Machhermo. You will have nice Mountain View during the trek. Dole to Machhermo takes 4-5 hours walk. The trail is slowly uphill to Machhermo. Machhermo is located at 4470 m elevation, Overnight at Lodge. In the afternoon, you will climb title bit more than Machhermo for acclimatization.
4790m, Gokyo 4-5 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo Lake. The trail from Machhermo to Gokyo Lake is nice and easy. You will have nice view of Cho oyu, Cholatse and other mountain view during the trek. Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo Lake takes 4-5 hours walk. The Gokyo Lake is located at 4790 m elevation, Overnight at Lodge. In the afternoon, you will explore around Ngozumpa Glacier and Gokyo lakes.
Gokyo Ri and Gokyo Lakes
5330m, Gokyo Ri 3-4 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
This morning, you will hike up to Gokyo Ri (5330m) for the best view of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Pumori, Nuptse and many other mountain with nice view of Gokyo Valley. After that, walk back to Gokyo Lake (4 hours walking). In the afternoon, you may walk around 4th or 5th Lakes for another nice and close view of Mt. Cho Oyu or take a rest, Overnight at Lodge.
4700m, Thannak 3-4 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Gokyo Lake to Thannak. The trail is nice and easy. You will walk all the way on Ngozumpa Glacier. It takes 3-4 hours walk from Gokyo Lake to Thannak. The Thannak is located at 4700 m elevation, Overnight at Lodge. This afternoon, you will take a rest. You need to save your energy for Chola Pass.
5368m, Cho la pass 7-8 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will have breakfast early in the morning and start the trek. Today is one of the hardest day. The trail is all the way climbing up to Chola Pass. From the pass, you will have nice Mountain and valley View. The Chola-pass is located 5368 m elevation. After that trek down to Dzongla. Thannak to Dzongla takes around 8 hours walk. Dzongla is located at 4800 m elevation, Overnight at Lodge.
4930m, Lobuche 3 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Dzongla to Lobuche. The trail is nice and short. Dzongla to Lobuche takes only 3 hours walk. You will have view of Nuptse, Pumori, Nirekha, Lobuche Peak, Ama Dablam , Cholatse etc. Lobuche is locate at 4930m elevation, Overnight at Lodge. In the afternoon, you may walk around Italian Pyramid or Khumbu Glacier.
Lobuche-Gorak Shep-Everest Base Camp
5350m, Everest Base Camp 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5100m). The trail is slowly uphill to Ghorak Shep. Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep takes around 3 hours walk. You will check in at the Lodge. After that, you will have Lunch and hike to Everest Base Camp (5350 m,). Ghorak Shep – Everest Base Camp – Ghorak Shep round trip takes 4 hours walk. You will have nice and closed view of Khumbu glacier then back to Gorak Shep, overnight at Lodge.
Gorak shep- Kalapattar-Pheriche
5550m, Kalapathar 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will hike up to Kalapattar (5550 m) early in the morning for Closed view of Mt. Everest, Pumori, Nuptse, Ama Dablam and other mountain then back to Ghorak Shep for Breakfast. After that trek down to Pheriche . The trail from Ghorak Shep to Pheriche is all the way down via Lobuche and Thokla. Ghorak Shep – Kalapather- Ghorak Shep – Pheriche takes 7-8 hours walk. The Pheriche is located at 4200 m elevation, overnight at Lodge.
3440m, Namche 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar. The trail is from Pheriche to Namche is mostly downhill. You will have many small villages such as Shomare, Pangboche, One of the biggest Tengboche Monastery, Phunki Tenga, Kyanjuma during the hike. The trek from Pheriche to Namche takes 6 hours walk. It is located at 3440m elevation, overnight at Lodge.
2828m, Lukla 6-7 hours walk B,L,D Lodge
Today, you will trek from Namche to Lukla. The trail is mostly downhill. You will pass many villages such as Jorsalle, Monjo (Sagarmatha National Park check post), Banker, Phakding, Ghat, Chheplung etc. The trek from Namche to Lukla takes 6-7 hours walk. Lukla is located at 2828 m elevation, overnight at Lodge.
1340m, Kathmandu 35 minutes B,L,D Hotel
You will take an early flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning (30 minutes) and check in at the Hotel in Kathmandu. In the afternoon, you have free and shopping day for family and friends.
Departure to your home country
Final departure to international airport to fly your home country.
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Sagarmatha National park permits and Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality entrance fee.
- Both way flight tickets Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu with airport departure tax.
- One English speaking experience guide and Trekkers 2:1 porter.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch, and dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Duffel Bag.
- Fingertip Pulse Oximeter ( we use every day to check your oxygen level and pulse in your body to minimize high risk ).
- Himalaya Trip T-short.
- Guide and porter's food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- Local fresh fruit like apple and pomegranates etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
Whats not Included?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$30 and 30 Days US$50).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as tea, coffee, coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Your Trekking gears, Hot shower, and Battery charge.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc
Not satisfied with this itinerary?Are you interested in planning a Custom Trip now? It takes only 2 minutes! Customize this trip
When is the best time to do this trek ?
We organize this trek every day in whole year. But if you are planning to do this trek at the best time. We recommend you following time.
- Winter (December – February): This is coldest time of the year. It will be difficult to trek because of there will be heavy snow.
- Spring (March – May): This is best time to trek on Everest Base Camp trek via Gokyo Lakes. You will have wonderful weather with warm temperature. You will also have chances to see the Rhododendron flowers.
- Summer (June – August): This is monsoon in Nepal. There is chances of raining every day and it will be cloudy. There is chances to cancel the flight. The rain poncho or rain jacket is needed.
- Autumn (September – November): This is another best time to do this trek. After the raining season. It will be fresh and clear weather will be appear. It will be warm temperature.
What foods do we aspect during the trek ?
The Lodges have Menu; you will have your own choice. The foods are hygienic. But it is not like cities foods. Non-veg food are not recommend. It is not hygienic.
- Breakfast: Simple Breakfast (Eggs any item , toast or Gurung or Tibetan Bread, Pancake, Muesli, Oat Porridge etc.)
- Lunch: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dinner: Nepali Thali (Plain Rice, Lentil soup, Potato Curry, Green Vegetable, Papadam,Tomato Hot spicy or pickle), Macorani , Spaghetti, Potato item, Mo.Mo or dumpling, Pizza, Friend Rice, Fried Noodles, French fries etc.
- Dessert: Fresh Fruit (Apple, orange, pomegranates, Banana with any seasonal fruit) serve as sweet dessert.
Note: All the drinks soft, hot, hard drinks are not included.
How and where can we process Nepal's Visa ?
You will get on arrival Visa in Kathmandu International Airport . If you fill up this form Department of Immigration Nepal and bring it with you from there. It will be much faster and avoid the long queue.
- US $ 30 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
- US $ 50 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
- US $ 125 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with passport from South Asian
Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren’t required to pay visa fee for 30 days.
However, Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
Do you have a packing list for the trek ?
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip bal
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- Books and magazines
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items,cameras, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
Frequently Asked Questions
Q 1: We want to do Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour from Namche , is that possible combine with this trek ?
Some trekkers desire to see the whole trail of Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes with Himalayas view from Helicopter. You can do Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Valley tour by Helicopter from Namche with extra cost. This will be the life time experience with amazing Himalayas views and chances to see all the trail where you have been.
After the main highlights Gokyo Ri, Cho La pass, Kalapather and Everest Base Camp trek, you have a option to take a Helicopter back to Lukla from Everest Base Camp. This will be extra activities of the trek with amazing experience. If you want, you have this choice on the way back with extra cost.
I prefer the remaining payment cash US dollar, Euro , Pound Sterling, Nepali currency etc. If you pay by credit card, it takes some time to collect in my bank account and you will charge extra 4%.
We have different options to make the deposit. You may choose according to your convenient. They are Bank Transfer, Credit card payment, Western union etc. For the online credit card payment, kindly go through this link of Nepal Hidden Treks , this is the easiest way to make the payment. If you use bank transfer, I will send it you by email.
We are so pleased to organize your trek. Please, kindly scan or photo of passport copy, passport size photo by email or WhatsApp +977-9851196388 and deposit 25% of total amount. We will confirm your booking.
You will take necessary gears with you on the trek. The remaining gears, you will store at your Hotel in Kathmandu or in my office in Kathmandu. It is free of cost.
Trekking or walking or Hiking activities will do out of cities. The accommodation is basis compare to City Luxurious Hotel or Resort. The room is basic with single, Double, Triple, Twin Beds etc. There will be Beds with Mattress, Bed cover. The bathroom is sharing basis. You have to bring Toilet paper, Shampoo, Soap and Towel with you. WIFI is available with extra charge.
If you are more than 2 people, we organize private trek at your desire date. The price will be same as group joining.
You can buy Nepal NCELL or NTC Sim Card on the arrival of Airport. You can use Mount Everest Base Camp side. There is no reception on Gokyo Valley.
Lukla and Namche bazaar has Bank , ATM machine and Money Exchange. After that , no any Bank or ATM or money exchange during this trek. It is better to take extra Nepali rupees from Kathmandu.
Hot Shower is available on the trek. You can have shower by paying extra charge.
Ask permission to photograph people.
Do not remove or purchase antiques, it is illegal.
Avoid wearing revealing clothes and avoid outward displays of physical affection.
Electricity is available in all the places. You can charge your Camera and Mobile Phone.
There are available of natural spring water. You can use the spring water by putting water purifying tablet. It is also possible to buy mineral water and boiled water.
The highest point of this trek is Gokyo Ri (5530m), Chola Pass (5368m),Kalapather (5550m) and Everest Base Camp (5368m).We give this trek grade 5. Grade 1 is easiest and grade 5 is hardest trek.
Yeah, Internet or WIFI is available on this trek. But you have to pay to use WIFI .
The Lodges or Tea Houses do not have enough blanket, you have to take sleeping bag with you.
We provide one twin bed private common room for 2 people. You have to share Toilet and Bathroom.
If you are alone , you will trek with a guide cum porter at the same price. The guide cum porter will carry your backpack and lead this trek. He also communicate in English. If you take a this option, you can start any dates.