List of Clothing, Equipment, and Personal Effects
Trekking in Nepal is one of the most popular holiday activities in Nepal. There are different types of trekking in Nepal. Some trekking destinations are easy and lower elevation trekking. It is not necessary to have well equipment for Easy and lower elevation trekking (below 4000m). You may have compulsory and basic equipment will be enough for you.
Some trekking destinations are challenging and higher elevation (above 4000m) .you should have well equipment to do these types of trekking. These types of trekking destinations are comparatively cold and challenging.
Equipment Check List:
- Trekking boots (If new boots are purchased, “break them in” to avoid blisters) and spare laces
- Hat (Warm),scarf and gloves
- Trousers (Warm trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Running shoes, sandals or thongs (To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet).
- Shorts and trousers or skirt
- Wool-blend socks, liner socks and under wear(three pairs)
- Thermal underwear
- Fleece jacket
- T-shirts (two or three) and long sleeved shirt with collar (long sleeved – shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sun burn.)
- Laundry soap powder or bar
- Toilet paper
- Sunscreen (SPF 20+) and lip bal
- Polarizing sunglasses
- Pocket knife
- Iodine ,water-purification tablets or filter
- Insect repellent ( for lower elevation)
- Emergency kit including a whistle and waterproof matches or lighter
- Stuff sacks
- Back pack
- Sleeping back and silk liner
- Water bottle
- Torch (flashlight),spare batteries and bulbs
- Duffle bag
- Down jacket or down vest
- Camera ,memory card and battery charger( spare batteries)
- GPS unit
- Books and magazines
- Small duffle bag (to leave behind in Kathmandu
- Back pack cover (waterproof, slip-on)
- Trekking poles
- Quick- drying camp towel
- Day pack (This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet items, cameras, film, towel, soap, chocolate bar etc.)
- 2-4 large plastic bags: to separate clean clothes from dirty ones
- Personal medical supplies
Optional: Reading materials, game items, notebook, rubber bands, pen and pencil, envelopes, a diary, a calendar, a small pillow or headrest (optional), thermarest an inflatable sleeping mat, trekking map, adequate quantities of passport photographs etc.
Why Book With Us ?
- 13 Years of Experience
- Unique & Special Packages
- 55% Repeat Customers
- Flexible Program
- Team of destinations Experts
- Competitive Prices
- 99% Success Rate
- Best Customer Service Experiences
- Total Quality Management
What our clients say?
We book three activities with Nepal Hidden Treks and the experience was amazing. Harka, the team leader was very friendly.…
18 Days, 2 passes, EBC, Chhukung RI, Kalapather Total confidence at all times. Our guide Jayandra was fantastic, well organized,…
Greg ,Van & Mark Taylor