The Nar Phu valley trek is newly opened, spectacular regions of ethnically-Tibetan inhabitants for those of you that think you have trekked it all. This is a trek that combines Kang La and Thorong La high passes, remote villages of Nar and Phu, narrow canyons, lovely forests, amazing rock formations, yaks, Monasteries and unique Himalayas cultures.
This trek starts from Chamje after 9 hours driving from Kathmandu. We hike same trail as Annapurna circuit trek. After reaching to Koto, we cross the bridge leading over the Marshyangdi River to the steep portals of the Nar Phu valley system is easily missed, but although the entrance is narrow and forested, the valley system above opens up to a huge expanse of high snow-peaks, ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements. Trekkers until late 2002, very few westerners have explored these virtually untouched villages or climbed the many 7000m peaks surrounding it. We will venture into this remote region of Nar Phu valley. Buddhist pilgrims from around Nepal might accompany us up to Phu to visit the renowned Tashi Lhakhang Gompa and receive a blessing from Lama Karma Sonam Rimpoche. Along with spending plenty of time at these colorful and timeless villages, we explore the high alpine valleys above Phu. The Kang La (5315m) pass is amazing. We may enjoy mountains view like annapurna II, Gangapurna, Tilicho peak then join to manang for annapurna circuit trek. The village of Manang (3,500m/11483feet) marks the beginning of the next stage. The highest point of the trek is Thorong La pass (5416m / 17768 feet). The pass is marked by the Mani stone and prayer flags. As you reach the top, you are rewarded by the magnificent view from the top and then we walk down to Muktinath with amazing mountains. The sacred Muktinath temple has 108 waterfalls that resemble water flowing from taps; you will be the free from the sin which you committed in your past life and mysterious natural gas fires that boggle the mind. Now we descend through Jharkot village, Kagbeni, Ekle Bhatti to Jomsom. Jomsom is the headquarters of Mustang district. It is one of the windiest valleys in Nepal. Every afternoon is guaranteed to be windy in the season.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Permit preparation
Day 03: Drive to Chyamje,
Day 03-17: Trekking
Day 18: Fly to Pokhara
Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 20: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu-Chyamje and Pokhara - Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Jomsom - Pokhara flight ticket with departure tax.
- 1 Night Hotel in Pokhara on BB Plan.
- All the Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and accommodation during the trek.
- Annapurna Conservation area permits fees and Nar Phu special permits.
- One English speaking government certificate holder trekking guide and required porters.
- Guide and porters insurance, salary, equipment, food, transportation and accommodation.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- All the drinks like mineral water, Fanta, coke, beer,tea,coffee etc.
- Your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for staffs