Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu trek is itself is a good choice for all trekkers. They remain remarkably beautiful. In addition, the trails are less crowded and the people are friendly. The people are all Tamang, who is the ethnic group for this area. We can explore their culture and way of living. The holy gosaikunda lake and Lauribina Pass are another attraction of this trek. Langtang gosaikunda trek was badly damage by earthquakes. But now, the reconstruction of the trail and lodges are completed, so this trek can be done without any problem.
Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu trek starts after 9 hours driving from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi. A tittle further up the valley is Kyanjin Gompa, where we stop overnight and test the local yak cheese. We pass through Nubamatang, nestled in a hidden valley, on our way up to view the glaciers, which mark the gateway into Tilman col, a high mountaineering route to Jugal Himal that crosses a steep and difficult icefall on the south side . We also can hike to kyanjing Ri or Tsergo Ri (Cherko Ri) which offer spectacular views of Naya Kanga (5,846m) ,Ponggen Dopku (5,930m), Mt Langtang Lirung (7245m ), Yala peak , Dorje Lakpa(6966m), Urkeinmang (6387m), Loenpo Gang (6979) and Kangchenpo. Backtracking, we travel through Syabru village and SingGompa to a high plateau, where the sacred lake Gosainkund is located. Gosaikund Lake has a black rock in the middle, said to be the head of Shiva. according to legend , Shiva created this high altitude lake when he pierced a glacier with his trident (trisul) to obtain water to quench his thirst after consuming poison gathered from the churning of the oceans ( the poison is the reason why Shiva is depicted with a blue throat). There is a white rock under the water which is said to be the remnant of an ancient Shiva shrine. It is also said that the water from this lake disappears underground via a subterranean channel and surfaces in Kumbeshwar pool, next to the five-storey Shiva temple in Patan , more than 60km away. Thousands of people come here to worship and bathe during the full moon festival each august. Crossing the Laurebena Pass (4610m), we continue south, leaving the Langtang region behind us as we travel through the Helambu valley. From here, it’s just a few days trek back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Syabrubensi,
Day 03-13: Trekking
Day 14: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 15: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan, (1 night before trek & 1 night after trek).
- Langtang National park fees and TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System) card.
- One fluent English speaking, government registered most experienced area (local), first aid trained, guide and required porters.
- Kathmandu - Syabrubensi by bus andSundarijal - Kathmandu by car.
- All the Meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner three times a day) with lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Guides/Porter's: food, lodge, transportation, salary, insurance, equipment etc.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
- International airfare and Visa fee ($25 for 15Days and $40 for 30Days).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include emergency rescue.
- Your trekking gears.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.