Jomsom Muktinath Poon Hill trek is one of the popular trekking destinations in Annapurna region. The major attractions of the Jomsom Muktinath trekking route are Kagbeni, Muktinath temple, Natural Hot spring Tatopani, the most popular view point Poonhill and Ghandruk Gurung village etc. The nice alternative trekking route has been built from Ghasa to Tatopani. You do not need to walk in road.
Jomsom Muktinath Trekking starts after 30 minutes flight from Pokhara to Jomsom. It is also known as pilgrims trekking. The trek reaching the maximum altitude of 3800m (12,464 ft) and can be completed by anybody with a moderate level of fitness. This trek gives many spectacular views of the two Himalayas Annapurna ranges and Dhaulagiri ranges. Explore the hundreds years old monastery, caves, local tribes, culture and life style and scenic beauties of the different landscapes. There are 108 water taps and two small pounds. The Hindu people believe that if you take bath 108 taps (108 is a sacred number in Tibetan Buddhism), cast in the shape of cows heads, which pour forth sacred water. You will be the free from the sin which you committed in your past life. A short walk past a collection of chortens is the Dhola mebar Gompa, or Jwalamai (goddess of fire) temple, where a holy flame of natural gas burns behind a grill just above the spring. Joining our Jomsom Muktinath Trekking is included the world’s deepest gorge of the Kali Gandaki River between Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. The trek gets interesting in Tatopani where you will have the opportunity to relax in natural hot spring. The views from the first rays of the sun at the break of dawn grace of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayans from Ghorepani (Poon Hill,3210m.), that is absolutely magnificent . The hike continues through dense rhododendron forest towering view of snowcapped mountains in the background to Tadapani and Ghandruk. The trek will end at Nayapul and then we drive back to Pokhara.
In this day, you can drive all the way down to Tatopani from Muktinath or Jomsom if you avoid walking in the road. You hike from Tatopani all way to Pokhara via Ghorepani and Ghandruk village.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara,
Day 03-10: Trekking
Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan, (1 night before trek & 1 night after trek).
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist bus.
- Hotel 2 Nights in Pokhara (1 night before trekking & 1 night after trekking).
- Flight ticket (Pokhara - Jomsom) with airport departure tax.
- Nayapul - Pokhara by private Car/Van/Jeep.
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch and dinner three times a day) Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- ACAP permit and TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System) card.
- One fluent English speaking, government registered most experienced area (local), first aid trained, guide and required porters.
- Guides/Porter's: food, lodge, transportation, salary, insurance, equipment etc.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- 13% Government taxes and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Your trekking gears.
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.