Gokyo Lakes (4800m/15748 feet) and Gokyo Ri trek is no doubt one of the most remarkable treks in Everest region. Tengboche Manastery, Phortse Village, Gokyo Ri, 5th and 6th Lakes are the major attraction of this trek.
This trek starts at the Lukla (2828m/9278 feet) and follows the Dudh Koshi valley which climbs up to the Sherpa capital of Namche. We trek ascend via Tengboche, Pangboche and Phortse villages which are wonderful villages with background exciting glance of the high mountains. It also supports to acclimatize your body. Tengboche Monastery (3867m/ 12687 feet) is surrounded by rhododendrons forest. Tengboche monastery is the one of the biggest monasteries in khumbu area. The monastery is structurally located on a ridge top with commanding views of the Everest landscape. The view from this spot, seen to best advantage in the morning, is absolutely thrilling and stunning view of Everest (8848m/29029 feet) , Lhotse, Amadablam, Nuptse and others mountains. Tengboche Monastery (3860m.) is spiritual center for Sherpa, where about 40 Tibetan Buddhist monks are in residence. The trail to Gokyo is a gradual ascent up the valley passes through the patches of birch and rhododendron forest where the indescribable musk deer can sometimes be seen. Through small yak-grazing settlements, we reach to Gokyo lakes. An excursion to the Gokyo fourth and fifth lakes would be an attraction in Gokyo Valley. The Ngozumpa Glacier is the largest in the Nepal Himalayas. The Gokyo Ri (5330m/17487 feet) is considered as the best view point in the Everest Region. The incredible sceneries including magnificent views of Everest (8848m), Makalu (8463m), Cho Oyo (8201m),Lhotse (8516m) , Gyachung Kang (7922m) and other mountains. Set among breath-taking high mountain surroundings, the route leads through the Khumbu the motherland of Sherpa.
Renjo la pass gives an alternative way to the Gokyo trek making a circuit. Renjo la pass provides a lifetime memory of panoramic views of the Everest and others Himalayan range. The Renjo-La Pass route is off the usual beaten track. At the pass, a great view of the Gokyo lakes on one side, the Rermo Pokhari lakes on the other side, and a numerous of snowy peaks are in the background, which provide as incredible atmosphere. After nice view from the Renjo-La top, the trail descends following Thame valley. We then trek down by making our way back down to Lukla.
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Fly to Lukla and Trekking
Day 03-12: Trekking
Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu
Day 14: Departure from Kathmandu (1350m).
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Pick-up and drop-off service at Trivuwan International Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu on BB Plan.
- Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu flight ticket with departure tax.
- One English speaking guide and required porters.
- All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- Sagarmatha National park permits and Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS) card.
- Guide's; porter's food, lodge, flight, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc .
- 13% government VAT and official charge.
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, tea , coffee, mineral water.
- Hot shower and Battery charge and your trekking gears.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.