Poonhill trek is a short and relatively easy trek into the Annapurna region. This trek is suitable for those who do not have much time to spend and old people with a burning desire to observe the beauty of snow-capped mountains. Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition organize this trek in 4 days from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Poonhill trek starts from Kimche via Nayapul after one and half hour drive from Pokhara. This trek passes beautiful villages of Ulleri, Ghorepani and Ghandruk. You will enjoy trek in the spectacular mountain scenery through delightful villages inhabited by Gurungs and Magars. Around every corner is an exciting glance of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be open to you as you reach the high points of your trek. The view point on Poonhill (3210m.) offers the best view of mountains and sunrise. Dense rhododendron forests full of birds and imaging valleys make your trip more enjoyable. Mt. Dhaulagiri ranges and Mt. Annapurna (I) as well as others higher mountains including Annapurna south, Annapurna II,III,IV, Gangapurna, Lamjung Himal, Barasikhar, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Hiunchuli, and Manaslu ranges will view from this trek. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits, the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. Anyone who loves nature and beautiful landscape will never forget this astounding experience. The trek can be lengthened and shortened according to the time you have.
Trek Starting Point: Kathmandu or Pokhara
Option I: If you start Poonhill trek from Pokhara, you will drive from your Hotel in Pokhara to Nayapul and start the trek.
Option II: If you start Poonhill trek from Kathmandu, you will take an early (first) flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Nayapul then start the trek in same day.
Duration of Trek: 3 day or 4 Days or 5 days
Option I: If you desire to do this trek in 3 days trek in Poonhill, your trek start from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani Poonhill and then same way back to Hile. From Hile , drive to back to Pokhara.
Option II: Poonhill trek in 4 days , you start trek from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani, Poonhill and then another route to Nayapul via Tadapani and Ghandruk village.
Option III: Poonhill trek in 5 days , you start trek from Nayapul, trek to Ulleri, Ghorepani, Poonhill ,Ghandruk , Tolka and then Dhampus village.
Day 01: Kathmandu or Pokhara - Nayapul- Ulleri (1960m, 6-7 hours) , overnight at Lodge.
Day 02: Ulleri-Ghorepani (2874m, 5-6 hours) , overnight at Lodge
Day 03: Ghorepani-Poonhill-Tadapani-Ghandruk (1939m, 7-8 hours), overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Ghandruk-Kimche-Nayapur-Pokhara or Kathmandu (4-5 hours), overnight at your Hotel in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
What are Included?
What are Excluded?
- Annapurna Conservation area project (ACAP) Permit and TIMS (Trekkers' Information Management System) card.
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Kathmandu flight tickets if you want to start and end in Kathmandu.
- Pokhara - Nayapul and Kimche - Pokhara by public bus or private Car/ Jeep/Van.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with Lodge accommodation during the trek.
- One English speaking trekking guide and require porters.
- Guide and porters: foods, accommodation, insurance, salary,transportation and equipment etc.
- Seasonal fresh fruit such as Pomegranate, Banana, Apple etc.
- First Aids Kid.
- 13% Government VAT and official expense.
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40).
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask) .
- Kathmandu-Pokhara- Kathmandu by flight/ Tourist bus/ Private Car ( We arrange if you ask )
- Your Trekking gears.
- All the drinks like Coke, Fanta, mineral water, juice, beer etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters.