Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/13550feet.) trek is a moderate nature trek. The Ghorepani (Poonhill 3210m), Ghandruk village, Annapurna base camp (4130m.) and Jhinu(Natural hot spring) are major attraction of this trek. Annapurna base camp is surrounded by many Himalayan ranges which include the Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri and famous virgin fishtail (Machhapuchhre) mountain that dominate the skyline above Pokhara. Nepal Hidden Treks and Expedition organize this trek in 7 days Annapurna Base Camp Trek from Kathmandu or Pokhara.
This trek starts at Nayapul, a short drive of 2 hours from Pokhara. The trail takes you through forests and fascinating traditional villages of the Nepal indigenous communities of Gurung and Magar who will greet you very warmly if you cared to stop for a conversation. The views from the first rays of the sun at the break of dawn magic of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna Himalayans from Ghorepani (Poon Hill,3210m.), that is absolutely magnificent. The hike continues through heart touching blossoming dense rhododendron forest and Bamboo with unparalleled snowy peaks scenery in the background to Tadapani. After reaching to Chhomrong Gurung village, we follow the Modi Khola and passes through stands of rhododendron and bamboo. By the time you reach the large rock over hanging, known as Hinku Cave, you will have noticed that the vegetation has thinned and the gorge narrowed to be only a few hundred meters wide. Steep snow-clad ridges falling from Hiunchuli on the left and Machhapuchhre on the right from the sanctuary. As we enter to the sanctuary, you find yourself in a huge amphitheatre enclosed by a solid wall of snowcapped peaks. We get to Annapurna base camp hardly. All the snow-capped mountains around the Annapurna base camp which makes you worthwhile and happy. After this imaging view,you will trek down to Pokhara via Jhinu Hot Spring and Ghandruk Gurung Village.
The Annapurna base camp trek will be more interesting in spring as the whole forest along the trail turns red, pink and white with rhododendron flowers. This imaging trek can be done anytime of the year.
Trek Starting Point: Kathmandu or Pokhara
Option I: If you start Poonhill trek from Pokhara, you will drive from your Hotel in Pokhara to Nayapul and start the trek.
Option II: If you start Poonhill trek from Kathmandu, you will take an early (first) flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Nayapul then start the trek in same day.
Duration of Trek: If you desire to do this trek including Poonhill, it takes 10 days ( 3 extra days) .
Day 01: Kathmandu or Pokhara - Nayapul - Ghandruk
Day 02: Ghandruk - Chhomrong - Sinuwa
Day 03: Sinuwa - Bamboo - Dovan - Himalayan - Deurali
Day 04: Deurali - MBC - Annapurna Base Camp
Day 05: Annapurna Base Camp - MBC- Deurali - Himalayan - Dovan -Bamboo
Day 06: Bamboo - Sinuwa - Chhomrong - Jhinu - Kyumi
Day 07: Kyumi - Siwai - Nayapul – Pokhara- Kathmandu
What are included?
- Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by flight.
- Pokhara-Kimche and Siwai-Pokhara by private Jeep or Bus.
- All the Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) and accommodation during the trek.
- ACAP permit and TIMS (Trekker's Information Management System)card permit.
- One experienced and qualified English speaking guide and required porters.
- Guide/Porter's: food, lodge, transportation, salary, insurance, equipment etc.
- First Aids Kit.
- Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc.
- 13% Government VAT and official charge.
What Are Excluded?
- International airfare and visa fees ((15 Days US$25 and 30 Days US$40.
- Hotels and meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara (We arrange Hotel if you ask).
- All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
- Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
- Your trekking gears.
- Tips for your guide and porters etc.